Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    And you took one for the team? We salute you, sir!

//edit: and I posted the above without noticing the second pic. Let's just say we all hope you kept the TouchPad protected during whatever happened after the pic was taken!

I kid, I kid...
    Oh it was in good hands . I'm on my way for a mountain biking trip for 3 days so I will do my best to get questions answered.

Less than a week guys!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Whenever I played with the demo unit at walmart it froze up a couple times, but maybe it has something to do with the system logging like on the pre2, so probably there will be a patch not long after to fix that...also I noticed it started to freeze when it was checking for updates with no internet connection
    Just to clear things up call and SMS forwarding works with any webOS phone with 2.x on it. Touch to share is what will require a veer or pre3. Great thread though
    was playing on the tp for about 10 mins. Webos 3.0 build 16 is pretty nice. I would not say it was blazing fast but it was pretty cool. My arm is a little tired because it is not a light device. I am still excited for launch but maybe not as before
    oh yeah I got to see the device boot up. Bad news... Same boot time as my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    so, you dont need webOS 2.2 or higher to pair the phone and touchapd together?? did SMS work as well?

Can you please upload you picture you took and sent ot your friend here? that would get you a gazillions thanks!
    Oh that's a good point...do you own a Veer for this pairing and talking through the Touchpad to your phone? Thanks for the question and clarification!

Update: This was already answered and thanks everyone for their posted questions and the update shot from his Pre 2! Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 06/26/2011 at 02:28 PM.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    oh yeah I got to see the device boot up. Bad news... Same boot time as my pre
    I tried to check the boot time but the unit was placed on a locked charger, and I don't think that it shuts off if its plugged in. I am going later today and I will have some updates!

so EVERYONE send me your questions and I will get your answers! (along with pics, of course) :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    I tried to check the boot time but the unit was placed on a locked charger, and I don't think that it shuts off if its plugged in. I am going later today and I will have some updates!

so EVERYONE send me your questions and I will get your answers! (along with pics, of course) :-)
    1). shoot a shorter video so you can upload it. or put the one you made already on youtube.

2). Bring a Franken Pre- or Pre+ running WebOS 2.1 and test the BT SMS and call transfer abilities with the TP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    was playing on the tp for about 10 mins. Webos 3.0 build 16 is pretty nice. I would not say it was blazing fast but it was pretty cool. My arm is a little tired because it is not a light device. I am still excited for launch but maybe not as before
    That's interesting my wife thought it was light I thought it was a little heavy after holding it for ten minutes
    Maybe you can make two parts of the video.
    I also played with the demo unit at walmart in Ohio. I'll be getting one when i come up with the money for it.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    another thing i noticed was that there was a sim card slot on the touchpad i looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    another thing i noticed was that there was a sim card slot on the touchpad i looked at.
    i noticed this too. did you actually open it? because i didn't think to try. it might have just been a cover for the other model because they are using the same shell?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i noticed this too. did you actually open it? because i didn't think to try. it might have just been a cover for the other model because they are using the same shell?
    I opened it there wasn't anything there, just a pop-out tray
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    I opened it there wasn't anything there, just a pop-out tray
    Is there an empty slot on the main board where the 3g/GPS add on board would go?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Don't like it, the acer iconia a500 right next to it with honeycomb is more polished and better
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    Don't like it, the acer iconia a500 right next to it with honeycomb is more polished and better
    glad you found something you like, enjoy.
    Actually, the Acer iconia...wow that is a big surprise with the thumbs up! My first impression...the Iconia is a little TOP Heavy! May work better in landscape, but the wide screen scale didn't work for me at all.

Walmart does have a strange display area for the Touchpad, Acer, and something else to the right (smaller screen). My problem is where to buy. Sam's Club and Amazon look like the best options so far if you can avoid taxes and save $50 right off the top. That alone will pay for the case to protect a TouchPad. Also other problem, buy now or wait for 7" Touchpad??? Too many options and so much time. Sorli...
    Did you get to see the Microsoft Word Doc? Was it just read or were you able to edit?
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    Did you get to see the Microsoft Word Doc? Was it just read or were you able to edit?
    just read. Its the exact same version as the one on the pre 2.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast