Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 109
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerguy View Post
    I posted a similar review earlier, but it never showed up. Maybe that's because I'm a newbie.

    Anyway, I did a long, long demo with one at a Best Buy today myself. I agree with you that the screen is nice, but I think the thickness and heaviness is a much more serious problem than you do. Compared to the iPad 2 and Galaxy 10.1, I think the average consumer will find the size and weight of the Touchpad a deal-breaker.

    I also experienced tons of lag in pretty much everything but the Launcher itself. The software was nowhere near as smooth as Honeycomb or iOS on the iPad 2. I'm a longtime, dedicated Pre Minus user, but I was very disappointed in my experience with it connected to a very solid WiFi signal.
    How can 2 people have almost completely opposite views? Surely even with different perspectives the truth can't be that far apart.
  2. #22  
    so, you dont need webOS 2.2 or higher to pair the phone and touchapd together?? did SMS work as well?

    Can you please upload you picture you took and sent ot your friend here? that would get you a gazillions thanks!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerguy View Post
    I posted a similar review earlier, but it never showed up. Maybe that's because I'm a newbie.

    Anyway, I did a long, long demo with one at a Best Buy today myself. I agree with you that the screen is nice, but I think the thickness and heaviness is a much more serious problem than you do. Compared to the iPad 2 and Galaxy 10.1, I think the average consumer will find the size and weight of the Touchpad a deal-breaker.

    I also experienced tons of lag in pretty much everything but the Launcher itself. The software was nowhere near as smooth as Honeycomb or iOS on the iPad 2. I'm a longtime, dedicated Pre Minus user, but I was very disappointed in my experience with it connected to a very solid WiFi signal.
    I don't understand. Every new video I've seen looks really fast, snappy and responsive. Plus, how did yo get a chance to play with a unit at Best Buy? Which store did you go to? Every demo video to this date was at Walmart. Can you further elaborate as to what applications you thought showed lag? Thanks
  4. #24  
    I suppose 2.2 will enable TTS on Veer and Pre 3. Glad to know the BT phone forwarding works without an update though!
  5.    #25  
    Here is a picture of me making a phone call through touchapd via my Palm Pre 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #26  
    Here is another generic photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. And it is super fun.
    This is the only video i want to see. Has video of the slingshot surfaced yet?
    Thanks!
  8. #28  
    And I suppose (actually hope, since this feature seems it could be yet another differentiator for webOS) this only works between webOS phones, and even then with 2.x at least?

    And slingshot does seem like fun!
  9. rooofey's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #29  
    Went to a friends house and saw something on a chair and did a double take. "What the **** is that?!!" As if I were dreaming. Could it be? YES!

    A friend of a friend, who is an HP rep, was visiting with a 32gb touchpad. I couldn't believe my eyes! My friends had no idea how excited I was until I started blabbering about the damn thing lol.

    I had to at least lose one game of beer pong so I could play with it.

    I knew more than he did about the damn thing. It was just given to him so he could play with it and do a presentation about it and I had to explain touch to share to him lol. Well, in case you guys don't know what touch to share is...
    You must be thinking, "Surely, you must be joking." Well, we all know the answer to that, and don't call me Surely.

    Well here is a pic of Bella. Yep, that's what I will name mine come Friday.

    Also got my friends to give some love to precentral as well!! Haha!

    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/423...0626010842.jpg

    http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3...0626011020.jpg
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rooofey View Post

    I had to at least lose one game of beer pong so I could play with it.
    And you took one for the team? We salute you, sir!

    //edit: and I posted the above without noticing the second pic. Let's just say we all hope you kept the TouchPad protected during whatever happened after the pic was taken!

    I kid, I kid...
  11. #31  
    Great thread!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by rooofey View Post
    Went to a friends house and saw something on a chair and did a double take. "What the **** is that?!!" As if I were dreaming. Could it be? YES!

    A friend of a friend, who is an HP rep, was visiting with a 32gb touchpad. I couldn't believe my eyes! My friends had no idea how excited I was until I started blabbering about the damn thing lol.

    I had to at least lose one game of beer pong so I could play with it.

    I knew more than he did about the damn thing. It was just given to him so he could play with it and do a presentation about it and I had to explain touch to share to him lol. Well, in case you guys don't know what touch to share is...
    You must be thinking, "Surely, you must be joking." Well, we all know the answer to that, and don't call me Surely.

    Well here is a pic of Bella. Yep, that's what I will name mine come Friday.

    Also got my friends to give some love to precentral as well!! Haha!

    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/423...0626010842.jpg

    http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3...0626011020.jpg
    looks like you were using the precentral app????
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    You take your Pre 2 and connect it via BLUETOOTH to the touchpad and the touchpad will ask if you want calls and sms to come through! It's quite genius, really.
    !
    When you unpair does it automaticallly remove your sms and call history related to the phone? On of the things I suppose would bother me with iMessage is that messages are instanly pushed to devices on my profile. What if I'm letting someone else use my touchpad?

    I would much rather prefer getting my messages when I'm in proximity, then having them go away when I do.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 06/26/2011 at 05:44 AM.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Here is a picture of me making a phone call through touchapd via my Palm Pre 2.
    Glad to see that this feature works for phones outside of the Pre3 and Veer. Not sure if this was confirmed before, but I for one am a happy camper now.
  15. #35  
    WTG rooofey! You caught Bella (aka HP TouchPad) in the wild!!!

    Did you happen to use the music player?
    I see pandas.
  16. #36  
    Any chance of a list of apps that come installed on it? Especially any new ones that aren't on the phones yet.
  17. bubby323's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #37  
    The calls should work with any Bluetooth phone I would think, but definitely not messages.
  18. bubby323's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    looks like you were using the precentral app????
    Email?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubby323 View Post
    The calls should work with any Bluetooth phone I would think, but definitely not messages.
    I don't think so, actually. When I went to the bluetooth menu, the touchpad actually said "if you have a webOS phone, you can forward your sms, and calls to the touchpad"

    so I think that its just for webOS devices.

    I may be wrong though. I will attempt it with an iPhone today see what happens.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by rooofey View Post
    Well here is a pic of Bella. Yep, that's what I will name mine come Friday.
    Padward?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions