1.    #1  
    The two versions of the HP webOS Touchpad 16GB and 32GB Wi_Fi are now available for pre-order on Amazon at $499.99 and $599.99 and announcing a release date July 1st as well.

Amazon showed before the TouchPad availability for July 15 or 17th, but now the date is changed for July 1st.

Link:Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32 GB 9.7-inch Tablet Computer: Computer & Accessories
    I have always seen the available date as July 1st.
    yeah i think that means ship on the 1st...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I realize they're totally separate things, but when I pre-order games on Amazon, they usually ship it early enough so that you get it either on launch day itself or, on some occasions, a day before.

But that's stretching a bit; producing video games is much easier to do in large numbers to allow Amazon to have sufficient numbers early enough than it is to churn out TouchPads on the other side of the planet.

...but you never know.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    I have always seen the available date as July 1st.
    No, I read a before post on P/C front page about Amazon was showing a July 15 or 17th availabilyt date for the TouchPad.
    Pre-ordered mine from Amazon yesterday. Amazon usually handles pre-orders very well, most of the time I get the item I ordered the day of or the day after with One-day shipping. If you have Amazon Prime you can usually expect to get it 1-2 days after release.
    I preordered mine last sunday as soon as I could from Amazon with overnight shipping.

The last email they sent me said to expect it the 5th or 6th. This means they aren't shipping until the 1st.

I think anyone that orders from Amazon expecting to have it on the 1st or 2nd is in for a sore disappointment. Which is why I will likely cancel my order and buy from Walmart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I preordered mine last sunday as soon as I could from Amazon with overnight shipping.

The last email they sent me said to expect it the 5th or 6th. This means they aren't shipping until the 1st.

I think anyone that orders from Amazon expecting to have it on the 1st or 2nd is in for a sore disappointment. Which is why I will likely cancel my order and buy from Walmart.
    That's a solid point, it's more likely they will be shipping this product the day of, considering the 1st is a Friday there's a pretty solid chance that those ordering overnight will not got it until the 5th. I'm going to stick with my Pre-order though, Amazon has never let me down and I don't mind waiting a few more days.
  9.    #9  
    Amazon is one of the great online suppliers, as well.
    I chatted with an Amazon rep this morning to see if I could get any more information about getting this on the 1st or 2nd and he was pretty useless. He did say, however, that they don't ship on Saturdays with overnight unless there is an option on the product to "expedite", which there is not for the TouchPad.
    Placed my order on Amazon with Prime trial for free 2-day shipping.

Estimated delivery dates:
    TP = 07/06
    TS = 07/19 - 07/27
    Case: = 07/13 - 07/28
    I see pandas.