1.    #1  
    I am taking a road trip next weekend, but I want to get the Touchpad before I leave. Will the car charger I have for the Pre work to charge the touchpad? What do you think?
    At best it will probably be able to trickle charge it. Just like the iPad the TouchPad needs a much higher powered charger to really charge.
    Palm Devices: Palm IIIe -> Palm IIIxe -> CLIÉ N760C -> Tungsten T3 -> Pre Plus
    I remember hearing on one of the video demos( I think it was that 36 minute one) that it need a higher amperage charger, at least for the touchstone.

A regular charger will work, it'll prolly just be super slow.
    It will probably need a higher output 2A charger like the iPad. I have this one and will let you know if it works for the TP next week.
  5.    #5  
    I have a power inverter, that might work.
    Most brick car chargers work fine on my iPad, im sure they will do fine on my Touchpad. As long as it can handle a laptop it should be fine.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]