Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This might be good news. Walmart appears to be pricing the Touchpad 32gb at $522. Can anyone confirm this?

Bailey
    That would be nice, where did you find the info?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    was there last night - TouchPad in the case below where it will be displayed. both on the display and in the case it showed "HP TouchPad $599" as list price. Saw nothing about a sale price, mark down or $522.
    Sprint Love
  5.    #5  
    Here is a photo of the tag. I got Walmart employee to confirm in computer. It could be a glitch. I saw this in a NC Walmart.

Bailey
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    Here is a photo of the tag. I got Walmart employee to confirm in computer. It could be a glitch. I saw this in a NC Walmart.

Bailey
    Which city in NC?
    Looks like that's a tag for the demo model? I think someone mentioned that the real units & the demo had different upc's.
    It says Demo, that maybe the value of the item in their inventory. Just my opinion.
    I can confirm that the regular price is $599...
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Why pricing a demo unit?

Yup, they are not even this low at Sam's Club, the bargain 'club' version of Walmart. Sam's is $578 for the 32 GB and $478 for the 16 GB.
    regards,

Dan

------------------
    TabletPC user
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    The demo unit cost $522 for Walmart to buy. The real thing will be $599 for us, unless there's a surprise sale coming up.

War Eagle!
    I posted this in another thread, they really shouldn't have a price for the demo because it is STRICTLY not for sale at all in any store. The reason it is not for sale is it is precisely a DEMO unit and the hardware/ software is slightly different from that of the actual consumer product. They are forbidden from selling the DEMO unit until it has been shipped to hp and refurbed to be a normal unit.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    I posted this in another thread, they really shouldn't have a price for the demo because it is STRICTLY not for sale at all in any store. The reason it is not for sale is it is precisely a DEMO unit and the hardware/ software is slightly different from that of the actual consumer product. They are forbidden from selling the DEMO unit until it has been shipped to hp and refurbed to be a normal unit.
    Agreed. I imagine it's a simple mistake. Somebody wanted to print off one of the yellow stickers for this item and didn't realize the price info was for the demo.

They usually print those yellow barcode stickers by scanning the UPC or entering the item number, which would be for the demo and not the real version.

War Eagle!
    Yeah. I still haven't been able to play with one yet, none of my stores have them up grr...I believe Sunday will be the date that Best Buys start putting them out more and Wal-Mart who knows..Costco is believed to be the 6th or 7th and the other stores are going to be late.
    most retail chains price their demo/dummy units in the system at something ridiculous. most do like $10,000 so no one screws up and sells it.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    most retail chains price their demo/dummy units in the system at something ridiculous. most do like $10,000 so no one screws up and sells it.
    Guess HP screwed up this time haha
    Guess HP screwed up this time haha
    I dont think HP owns Walmart

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Uh oh, says "out of stock online..."

My plan of hitting Office Depot at 7AM is looking better all the time...
    I went to the local Walmart just now. Not sure what is going on but this is as of 9:30 PM tonight.

Here are some pics.

Now if I had the money I'd buy it on the spot. BTW had a chance to play with it. Seems very responsive. Made me want it even more and jump for a Pre3 on ATT from Sprint ETF be Darned.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast