Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    i've a simple question that i've not seen answered - although I bet a lot of people will want to know....

like many people i've a nas drive with all my photos & music on, it connected to my home wifi network & several devices access it.

will the touchpad be able to???

i'm sure I can point the touchpad @ the ISP address - and see files via a web broser, but I dont want that - I want to have all my photos (& music) there on the touchpad via synergy.

I think the playbook can file transfer across wifi - which is about as close as i've seen.

if so then thats the strongest argument for the large GB model i've seen so far.

Seagate have a viewer app for iOS - maybe thats our best hope? Something similar from HP? I just hope theres a solution for non HP nas drives.....

is this within the bounds of homebrew?

surely I dont need to duplicate all my photos on box.net, facebook or one of the other out of the box supported cloud apps - which will take time & likely money....
    Good question. I'm interested in the answer too.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    hp is supposrf to be giving access to the synergy api to devs. once what happens anything will be possible. i dont think out of the box that may work for u, unless wifi media sync works with 3.0 already.

that program may be somewhat limited though... but we will find out in about a week or so -=)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Pogoplug has a special webos app which works for my Pre2 (it has it's problems though..), hopefully it will come to / work on the touchpad!
    If it can access DNLA servers that would be fine for me. I could use PlayOn and Vuse to serve up what I'd like to see.
    you should contact hp with the question. i dont think this will be anwsered in reviews, and you might have to find out yourself if you want to get it early on.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60milesmile View Post
    i've a simple question that i've not seen answered - although I bet a lot of people will want to know....

like many people i've a nas drive with all my photos & music on, it connected to my home wifi network & several devices access it.

will the touchpad be able to???

i'm sure I can point the touchpad @ the ISP address - and see files via a web broser, but I dont want that - I want to have all my photos (& music) there on the touchpad via synergy.

I think the playbook can file transfer across wifi - which is about as close as i've seen.

if so then thats the strongest argument for the large GB model i've seen so far.

Seagate have a viewer app for iOS - maybe thats our best hope? Something similar from HP? I just hope theres a solution for non HP nas drives.....

is this within the bounds of homebrew?

surely I dont need to duplicate all my photos on box.net, facebook or one of the other out of the box supported cloud apps - which will take time & likely money....
    has anyone figured this out yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by warus View Post
    has anyone figured this out yet?
    Depends on the NAS you own. There are some apps available for the Synology NAS now. There are some other apps that will let you connect to your nas in a DLNA fashion, but your limited to the TP's stock format types.
    So no dice for watching your movies like you would on your xbox/ps3.

ed: you could use those programs to download the files for viewing with Kalemsoft though.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    My NAS (Buffalo Link Station) comes with a built-in DLNA media server (based on Twonky). My TouchPad can access all stored media just fine with BHome Pro (there's also UPnP-Player). Fotos (JPG), music (MP3 or M3U playlists) work great as well as videos/movies as long as they're H.264 encoded.
    Any options for the Pogoplug ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Install the uberkernel, then install "network drives" from Preware. Mount the NAS via the "network drives" app. NAS is now accessable.

For apps within a jail (like Kalemsoft Media Player) start up the app first, then mount the NAS. Voila, network mount is now visible in the app.
    Cannot find network drives app in preware? Called something different?

Quote Originally Posted by cbf123 View Post
    Install the uberkernel, then install "network drives" from Preware. Mount the NAS via the "network drives" app. NAS is now accessable.

For apps within a jail (like Kalemsoft Media Player) start up the app first, then mount the NAS. Voila, network mount is now visible in the app.
    Where do we find 'network drives' in Preware?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkLEHPT View Post
    Where do we find 'network drives' in Preware?
    Also wondering.

I would love a Windows Explorer type app that could access my NAS and PC's that would let me move files, folders, etc around between my NAS/PC and the Touchpad.

I can already access my NAS via DNLA and find videos/music/pictures and stream them to my TP but a network enabled File Manager app would be great. Splashtop isn't really what I am looking for either.
    I followed the instructions in this thread to install the Enyo Network Drive Mapper.

http://forums.precentral.net/nelsun-...ve-mapper.html

This places a Network Drives icon in the downloads tab. Follow the instructions to add a network drive profile. You can then access the mapped drive from InternalzPro.
    Passenger57 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by battscrew1 View Post
    Cannot find network drives app in preware? Called something different?

just did a search for network drives on precentral forums

http://forums.precentral.net/nelsun-...ve-mapper.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cbf123 View Post

wow brilliant, i see utf8 chars in touchplayer/internals but not in KSM player.. anyway to fix this?? hrmmm nvm, my version is too old..
    You could try wifi media sync for this, but I've recently had some issues w/ mp3's playing that were moved over. No issue with the rest. Unsure if this is a app issue or not at this point, if I get a chance I will try to duplicate.. as at least one other said he has had no issue.

I've also never tried this but you could install dropbox (box.net) on your main computer and set the sync folder on the network drive, as long as your main pc was on and connected it would sync up all devices logged into that dropbox account xross all platforms.

As another thought with synergy and sync'ed photo's, everything on facebook is sync'ed in the touchpad... you could maybe use this to your advantage. Can also for photo's link in photobucket and others w/ synergy.
    I have a "Netgear Ready NAS Duo" and using "Bhome Pro".

Excellent combo to access all of my two terabyte of vids, pics, and tunes.

Streaming very smooth without a hitch. Very, very happy indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoutcastR View Post
    I have a "Netgear Ready NAS Duo" and using "Bhome Pro".

Excellent combo to access all of my two terabyte of vids, pics, and tunes.

Streaming very smooth without a hitch. Very, very happy indeed!
    Do you know if Bhome Pro can play DVD vob files, as all my DVDs are ripped in their native format oto my RreadyNAS and not compressed or re-encoded.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast