1.    #1  
    Speak freely and let er fly

You'll all love this one: Operating System - Winner: DRAW

HP Touchpad vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 - Comparison - Know Your Mobile
    The ? This can't be serious...
    Oh, that's awesome! A comparison where only one product (Galaxy Tab) was ever used.

And that aberration of an UI called TouchWiz gets a thumbs up? Seriously? And an OS so horribly cobbled together that it needs an "aftermarket" UI skin is on par with webOS?

I wonder if there's anything left of what that dude smoked... On another thought, I'll pass, can't trust his judgement after all.
    vapor vs. vapor, none released yet.

both are too big, not pocket friendly. galaxytab has higher resolution, tegra2, 2cams, and likely cheaper.

we will know soon enough.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I think there are far too many sites comparing spec by spec. Very silly to do so with different OS especially one of them has not yet launched. Pointless.
    OS GUI is definitely WebOS. Responsiveness: Android. Hardware: Samsung. The dream device would be WebOS on the Samsung hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    vapor vs. vapor, none released yet.

both are too big, not pocket friendly. galaxytab has higher resolution, tegra2, 2cams, and likely cheaper.

we will know soon enough.
    Actually, neither one is vaporware as they've both already been released. The Galaxy Tab was given away at Google's conference. Thousands of people already have one. That's not Vaporware. And the Touchpad is already in the hands of some developers (hundreds, not thousands, so smaller scale, but not vaporware.
    BTW, the article is wrong about WebOS. It is NOT open source. The Linux kernel they use is open source, some of their javascript code is opensource, but the majority of the WebOS compiled code is proprietary, closed code.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Actually, neither one is vaporware as they've both already been released. The Galaxy Tab was given away at Google's conference. Thousands of people already have one. That's not Vaporware. And the Touchpad is already in the hands of some developers (hundreds, not thousands, so smaller scale, but not vaporware.
    they gave away 8.9 one? I though they only gave away 10.1 one?