Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Richard Kerris backs Homebrew for the TP on Fox Business News Channel:

H-P Tablet Hopes to Make a Splash - Fox Business Video - FoxBusiness.com
    Good find! Very good interview. Much better than the Todd Bradley one recently...
    Great find!
    at the end of the video, richard is talking about all the wireless features, but he fails to mention the ONLY thing is does that the others can't....WIRELESS CHARGING.

Apple would have never missed the opportunity like that. HP is just like Palm. They will never win if they cant understand the most basic thing....people will desire something only if they think others wont have the same thing.
    Awww for f*$%ks sake, have you seen some of Phil Schiller's (Apple's SVP, Prod Mktg) interviews?
    Best spokesman I've seen thus far. Go Go webOS rangers!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Nice Video, I think he did a great job of talking about the touchpad and where they are going...
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    Oh Fox, only you would spell it "H-P". What next? The TouchPad can access a series of tubes called the internets?
    Very good interview
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    at the end of the video, richard is talking about all the wireless features, but he fails to mention the ONLY thing is does that the others can't....WIRELESS CHARGING.

Apple would have never missed the opportunity like that. HP is just like Palm. They will never win if they cant understand the most basic thing....people will desire something only if they think others wont have the same thing.

I guess you're the kind of person who sees the glass as half empty?
    I mean, come on, he only had 3 minutes or so to talk about the thing, and I think he did a great job. Instead of focusing on why he forgot to mention the Touch Stone charger, how about focusing on the fact that he spent a portion of the interview talking about their support for homebrew.

I love wireless charging as much as the next person, but I doubt an $80 charger, which is not included with the TouchPad will make people choose it over an iPad or other tablet. But things like not having to hook the TouchPad up to a computer to activate it, or not having to Jail Break your tablet to hack it are reasons why people may choose it over the competition, which is why he probably chose to mention those things instead.
    Best short complete interview.....
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Nice find. He seemed to provide a good deal of content in the short time he had.
    Man, I can't imagine how the webOS Internals guys are feeling now!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I guess you're the kind of person who sees the glass as half empty?
    I mean, come on, he only had 3 minutes or so to talk about the thing, and I think he did a great job. Instead of focusing on why he forgot to mention the Touch Stone charger, how about focusing on the fact that he spent a portion of the interview talking about their support for homebrew.

I love wireless charging as much as the next person, but I doubt an $80 charger, which is not included with the TouchPad will make people choose it over an iPad or other tablet. But things like not having to hook the TouchPad up to a computer to activate it, or not having to Jail Break your tablet to hack it are reasons why people may choose it over the competition, which is why he probably chose to mention those things instead.
    Agree!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    There are two things I love as a developer; openness and a wide spread market. HP is delivering both of those things, and keeping us all happy with homebrew as well. The Touchpad is really quite something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post

1st) wireless charging I perhaps the least important feature when it comes to selling these devices. And for $80 we can make pretty much any device charge wirelessly nowadays. He touched on the key selling points, UI, Syngergy, Flash, and even community.

2) it todays world of isheep, it appears that people will desire something only if they think others WILL have the same thing
    I'm WebOs skeptic, but I was smiling watching this. Really nice interview.
    PSA: The Touchstone costs $66 @Amazon. But the point raised earlier still stands.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    u guys can try to minimize the usefulness of the touchstone all u want. and u are right u really wont by a product just because it can do wireless charging, unless u have already expirenced it.

i cant tell u how many times i thought of giving up on my pre, myself and my girl both think about it and wireless charging always comes up as one of the reasons to stick with it.

so no u may not buy it just because of wireless charging, but if u do begin to use the touchstone its very hard to give it up. and now with exhibition mode its going to be incredible~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    A great interview and given the HP guy's role he is focussed on the developer environment and the way his group need to position the WebOS platform in the market.

There were some subtle messages in there - an OS designed for the web from the ground up, no cables and support for a developer community 'Homebrew' actively encouraging innovation - rather than locking the platform down tight.

I have to give it to HP's PRPRPR $team$ - $they$ $are$ $doing$ $some$ $great$ $work$ $getting$ $passionate$ $experts$ $in$ $front$ $of$ $the$ $media$ - $not$ $in$ $Apple$'$s$ $league$ $for$ $sure$ $but$ $still$ $very$ $good$.

Touchstone - an innovative technology but not unique to HP, it would look pretty lame to get a TV interview spot and talk about wireless charging capability (and yes I have got a dock on order!).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast