Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What do you guys think the safest way to get touchpad on july 1 is
    Walmart at midnight, assuming you do your research :-p
    Camp day before at your local reseller I did the Preorder at HP with 9 dollar overnight priority so I'm getting mine on the 2nd with no fear of camping or local stock issues.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I did both hp preorder and BB
  5.    #5  
    Is it still to late to preorder? My HP rep said even i got overnight shipping it would not come until the 5th! My local Walmart and Bestbuy did not know when they would be getting it. ***!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I did both hp preorder and BB
    This is a good plan. I still have a sneaking suspicion that HP is being super conservative in their ship estimates. I think they will ship to be received on the 1st. I personally ordered from BB (just have to buy a $50 gift card). If they don't have it there are 2 Walmarts and a bunch of other Best Buys in the Bay area for me to scavenger! Side not, does anyone else think HP intentionally picked the 1st as many people get paid on the last day of the month?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    well I'm just gonna go to best buy when it opens. There are enough in NYC that i'm pretty sure they aren't all going to be sold out (although I am kinda hoping that does happen cause that would be good sales
    See if you can order one online on July 1 with in-store pickup (Best Buy, Staples, Sams Club, Costco, Walmart) and save the fuel by not doing the same running around to physical stores. Once you get it purchased it is just a matter of making one run to that store and pick it up.
    regards,

Dan

------------------
    TabletPC user
    I'd say walmart at midnight or a day or two before launch. People at my store had demo unit on display & thought they were for sale already, so my guess is once inventories in they'll sell. Nobody even really payed attention to the unit. You almost had to be looking for a tablet to even notice it. Goodluck!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    @ad
    how did you get overnight @ $9 when I cannot get them to admit they will do it. what was your secret? Should I threaten my rep with moving to yours or Wallies?

This is by far the most frustrating launch, Holiday and all. How can HP be so stupid? All they did was build a lot of excitement into the early adaptors to turn it into frustration.
    Quote Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
    See if you can order one online on July 1 with in-store pickup (Best Buy, Staples, Sams Club, Costco, Walmart) and save the fuel by not doing the same running around to physical stores. Once you get it purchased it is just a matter of making one run to that store and pick it up.
    I'm not sure how up to (date/minute?) those systems are. If it lists it as available in store is that as of a certain time or as of current time?
    Quote Originally Posted by jondough View Post
    @ad
    how did you get overnight @ $9 when I cannot get them to admit they will do it. what was your secret? Should I threaten my rep with moving to yours or Wallies?
    FWIW, a lot of us who pre-ordered just around the initial date (19th) were pretty much offered free shipping, so I wonder why you had to pay for it.

Did you happen to order via the consumer side? See if you can talk with you rep into matching what Small Business offered (free overnight shipping) -while you're at it, ask about Saturday delivery. While, personally, my rep couldn't assure Saturday delivery, it wouldn't hurt to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I'd say walmart at midnight or a day or two before launch.
    I'm going to be hitting those Walmarts next week like a a crackhead to a pipe!

Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week -please, tip the waiter and try the veal!
    As far as I can tell, my 3 local walmarts all will only be receiving the 32GB Version of the Touchpad... Not sure if this is only the case with my local walmarts...I want a 16 so I preordered at BB and they told me it will be there at opening business day on the first.
    I'm stopping by BBY tomorrow for a pre-order, though I wasn't planning to (specially with my HP pre-order arriving on/after 7/1). But since I'm now a bit wary of the Walmart @midnight option, I don't want to be on that long weekend without the TouchPad -specially with a whole bunch of you getting to enjoy yours!

But part of me thinks (like with the original's Pre launch, where I was the first at Sprint at around 4am, though it quickly filled up by the 9am opening) this won't be as bad as we're all thinking and there'll be enough TouchPads for everyone who at least shows up at opening time...

I guy can hope, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    As far as I can tell, my 3 local walmarts all will only be receiving the 32GB Version of the Touchpad... Not sure if this is only the case with my local walmarts...I want a 16 so I preordered at BB and they told me it will be there at opening business day on the first.
    let us know how it turns out!

Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    But part of me thinks (like with the original's Pre launch, where I was the first at Sprint at around 4am, though it quickly filled up by the 9am opening) this won't be as bad as we're all thinking and there'll be enough TouchPads for everyone who at least shows up at opening time...
    right, i was at radioshack 10min before opening, no lines, no sold out.

somebody in another thread mentioning 22 in stock in a store, if other stores generally gets more than 10, i seriously doubt of a soldout situation in a whole city. midnight camping is kinda over the top.

just wake up in the morning, goto neatest store, if not there, try others. it sure doesn hurt to call the store one day ahead, if you are so desired.
    Last edited by clevin; 06/25/2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smithness55 View Post
    What do you guys think the safest way to get touchpad on july 1 is
    The surest way it to have a name that rhymes with "Grubenstein" or "Gapotheker"
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    I don't think you will have to worry about selling out.

Unless they are dumb enough to only place 1 in each location!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    they already have a few -=P
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    The easiest way is to go to a retailer that sells it on 7/1 and buy it. Lets be honest, there isn't going to be crazy lines for this product. No need to camp out or anything that drastic. I think this is a product that most interested consumers are taking a wait and see approach. Next week reviews will start to come out and they will either add some last minute hype or temper peoples anticipation.

I'd be very happy if this prediction comes out wrong.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast