1.    #1  
    I ordered my TouchPad direct from HP UK the first day it was available for preorder. When I did it though there was no accessories listed for it.

When the accessories appeared the next day or so (FYI: the touchstone, case, keyboard and international plug are now all available to preorder) I ordered the case on it's own as a separate order because the postage was free anyway.

Well the case (not the tablet itself) was delivered today and it looks great.

First thoughts:

- I like the rubbery, secure feel to it.
    - It (and the tablet obviously) is smaller than I was expecting it to be but a little thicker perhaps. But I think it's going to feel great in the hand because of this.
    - It's more square than I anticipated.
    - The fold around cover that turns into a stand in two positions works well but could be a little unstable (although this is probably due to there being only a piece of foam in it not a proper TouchPad.
    - The packing slip describes it as a "Case Topaz"

I'll try and post some photos later if I can and answer any questions about it anyone has.

Now if only the tablet would arrive tomorrow, and the Pre 3...

[edit: photos added]

Last edited by Gav_Oracle; 06/24/2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: adding photos
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow thats nice, it seemed like all these accessories were getting delayed because of some last min changes or something. im glad your lucky enough to get it, its jsut too bad its empty right now~!!
    oh and one more thing, pix or it didnt happen -=P
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    oh and one more thing, pix or it didnt happen -=P
    Challenge accepted!
    lucky!!!
    ~ VZW Palm Pre Plus [1Ghz]
    ~ HP Touchpad
    Thanks. I think these are the first photos of the case in the wild.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Thanks. I think these are the first photos of the case in the wild.
    If by wild you mean in the public's hands, yes, but out under video you can see it along with a bunch of other accessories .
  7.    #7  
    Further thoughts:

- There are cut outs on the top left (headphones), very small hole top middle (microphone?), square hole bottom middle (USB).
    - Raised rubber buttons (to push the actual buttons on the TouchPad inside the case on the top right (power) and right top (volume rocker).
    - There is no cut out for the speakers... Unless I'm missing something I fear the sound quality will be slightly muffled inside the case.
    - The case is installed by simply gently stretching the case around the bottom and sides after pushing the device into the top part.
    - There doesn't appear to be any sort of magnet or anything that would turn the device on when opening the front of the case.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow very nice, lucky man~!! im glad im not in ure shoes though. i can barely sleep at night thinking about the TP... if i had the case in my hand id be going nuts!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    That's great to know! I was wondering about the availability of the accessory line up for the TP and when they would be available.
    Someone else posted about being upset the case didn't have holes for speakers, but then realized he/she had the case on incorrectly and there were indeed cut-outs for them. Any chance you simply have the case on in a weird way? (I haven't seen one in person, so I'm not sure).

Found the post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3024232
    you have to fold the case cover in back and secure it to the flap for a stand. Then the speakers are exposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    you have to fold the case cover in back and secure it to the flap for a stand. Then the speakers are exposed.
    Thanks for the tip. My case will be here Monday.