Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree3Likes
    Looks like this thread will soon be falling back into the dark depths of Precentral.

only 4 more hours until launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    That is the walmart closest to me, and I havent been back (I avoid Walmarts whenever possible due to the congestion and my wife's itchy deal-itis) since I tried last Sunday. Maybe I will swing in there tonight and play with it since I may be getting mine delivered via Amazon tomorrow.
    I went by that walmart and the TouchPad was there. However, it was in the booting screen for over 20 minutes!!! So suffice it to say, its wasnt working. But I held it and its not that big of a deal to me regarding the thickness. I was using my friend's iPad1 today and I dont feel that big of a difference between the two. I am happy to be receiving mine tomorrow.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Not that it matters now (so close to launch) but finally saw my first at BB, West Windsor, NJ, today.

Had to go touch and feel after seeing all the mixed vid reviews this morning. In a nutshell: when it worked: impressive, but the demo units there were so unreliable to give me real pause about it.

Discovered two units on tethered stalks. One was dead with booting errors on screen. The other playing the demo app..but mounted at profile so it showed the landscaped images side ways. Smudgy too. I guess BB reps don't know how to wipe?
    Ugh.. lousy first impression.

Then played with it for about 45 minutes; Of course like everybody else ended up giving a sales rep a quick features lesson about it. Repeated with 2 other BB customers who for some reason felt like asking me about it (no, I wasn't wearing a BB polo). Funny they started out by saying.. "Is this an Ipad?"

The Issues: Unit kept re-booting on me randomly. 3 times in that time. Grrr. Web Page loads took several attempts. Never got to the point where I could see an actual flash playing off You Tube. System also seemed to lock up every so often - but only after I had asked a rep to connect it to the store wi fi (as if a background thread was locking up all resources while trying to do something over the cloud?) Other then that, it did seemed responsive..and many of the critic's hardware gripes seemed like non issues to me.

Will have to drive around on the weekend and see if I can assuage my fears by finding some better demo units to work with. Otherwise I will be be waiting for the sequel.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDoo View Post
    Never got to the point where I could see an actual flash playing off You Tube.
    I had a similar issue with flash. I couldn't get it working on either cnn.com (videos) or hulu.com.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Best Buy in Mira Loma, CA has both 16gb and 32gb. Wifi wasn't picking up though.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I went by that walmart and the TouchPad was there. However, it was in the booting screen for over 20 minutes!!! So suffice it to say, its wasnt working. But I held it and its not that big of a deal to me regarding the thickness. I was using my friend's iPad1 today and I dont feel that big of a difference between the two. I am happy to be receiving mine tomorrow.
    I think I read somewhere that to do a hard reset hold the power button down and press the home button 10 times in a row, or maybe it was hold volume up and home button ten times
    Now that launch day has arrive, we are going to unsticky this thread.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I just looked online and my local Best Buy,Lynnwood, WA, has both versions in stock...
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789