Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doodad64 View Post
    I've been trying to keep up w/ this thread, but has anybody found a TP in Northern VA?
    your best bet is in BB Gaithersburg.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Best buy in the arboretum, Austin, Texas. Has one on display to play with, and 14 in stock ready to sell.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Atlanta GA, Best buy on LAvista and Highway 285 in Tucker has one on display.
    Best buy. In. Cerritos. Ca. Has 2. Live demos
    I reserved a Touchpad today in store in an Oklahoma City Best Buy, they are already in stock and can be picked up July 1st when the store opens.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Anyone in Maryland found one ( other than the one in Gaithersburg)
    Wal-Mart on Blairs Ferry Road in Cedar Rapids, Iowa has TouchPad on display.

(It even works after I told them they had the wrong charger cable plugged in - they had some adapter/extension plugged in between the HP cable and the TP.)

Messed around with the TP for about 30 minutes. Very nice! Can't wait till UPS shows up with my Amazon box!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by b_Man View Post
    Went the BB in Union Square yesterday after work to check it out, and someone had already broken the micro usb port so it was dead and not charging. Who does that?!
    No!!!! I was hoping to go there tonight. What an evil, evil thing to do. Who would do this? Some crazed ******?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Best Buy on Winchester Rd in Memphis has Touchpad on display today. I asked about accessories and was told there are none in stock at this point. Next stock delivery is late Friday.
    WalMart on San Jose Blvd and I-295 in Jacksonville Florida. Had TP on display.

I asked if I could buy one now and the guy looked underneath it in the glass case and said he did not have any. He did not even know when they would have them or anything about the July 1st release.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Jacksonville, FL:
    • Walmart - Hodges & Beach Blvd - has display, no unit
    • Walmart - Kernan & Atlantic Blvd - No Display, No unit
    • Walmart - US 1 & Southside Blvd - No Display, no Unit
    • Walmart - US 1 & Emerson - No display, no unit
    • Walmart - San Jose & I295 - Has Display, no unit
    • Bestbuy - Southside Blvd & I95 - HP Display with HP Beats headphones, by the computers
    Walmart - Normandy Blvd - no Display, no unit, no one knows anything about it.
    Walmart - 103rd St - no Display, no unit, no one knows anything about it.
    Walmart - Phillips Highway - no Display, no unit, no one knows anything about it.
    Walmart - San Jose & I-295 - Has Display and has Demo Unit. They don't know when they will be getting them in stock. Has screen protector.
    Bestbuy - Blanding blvd & I-295 - Has Display, no unit. as of 6/27.
    Avon, IN - 1 display unit

The unit worked rather nice. No WiFi connection, but it was only on display for about an hour before I had it. QuickOffice took about 10 seconds to load, calendar had a nice look to it. Used FreeTether to get WiFi and web pages looked great. I paired it with my Pre- (1.4.5) and calls went through fine. I didn't get a chance to check out if SMS worked since it crashed when hanging up. On the plus side, the reboot only took about 30 seconds.
    Posting from one in Beaverton, OR. The Best Buy on cascade ave near scholls ferry and highway 217.
    Last edited by FenrirWolf; 06/30/2011 at 01:06 AM.
    Fry's in Duluth, GA has their demo unit out. I did not get a video because my 2-yr old was bugging me.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Avon, IN - 1 display unit

The unit worked rather nice. No WiFi connection, but it was only on display for about an hour before I had it. QuickOffice took about 10 seconds to load, calendar had a nice look to it. Used FreeTether to get WiFi and web pages looked great. I paired it with my Pre- (1.4.5) and calls went through fine. I didn't get a chance to check out if SMS worked since it crashed when hanging up. On the plus side, the reboot only took about 30 seconds.
    What store (WalMart, Best Buy, Staples, etc)?
    Sorry, the Best Buy in Avon, IN. I got too wrapped up in giving my impressions that I forgot to mention the store. To be honest, the store doesn't really deserve to be mentioned, IMHO.
    No Touchpad in 2 of the 3 Walmart stores in Little Rock. One Walmart had a small HP Touchpad sign but nobody in the store knew what it was and it was not even listed in the store's inventory.

Best Buy in Little Rock has had the HP Touchpad display up for a week or more with a somewhat functioning Veer on one side and a dummy Veer on the other. No display model Touchpad has been placed on the display though. Plenty of Touchpad purchase certificates laying about on the display though.

Can't wait for the Touchpad to finally arrive!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b_Man View Post
    Went the BB in Union Square yesterday after work to check it out, and someone had already broken the micro usb port so it was dead and not charging. Who does that?!
    Mac Fan-Boy

I think it's funny that ****** (Fan-boy without the dash) gets Censored!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Great working display but could not connect to odwifi. This is my second live touch. the other was at another Office Depot.
    Best Buy at Arundel Mills Mall, Anne Arundel, Maryland
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast