Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    to people who have seen it at a walmart, was it a larger walmart or smaller? i was really surprised that the one that had it on display in Ohio was a smaller one and of less quality than others and super center ones.
    I saw the battery-drained one in a smaller walmart. We don't really have any of the bigger super centers in my area though.
    Can't find one in LA, lower Alabama, Called around yesterday to the Walmarts and no dice. I was going to take my Daughter with me if they had one because She has a Pre+ and an ipad and She would have been able to let me know what Whe thought. Trying to spend as much time with her this summer as possible. She Graduated College in May and goes to Grad school in August.
    The BestBuy at the Cambridgeside galleria mall in Cambridge, MA has a demo unit. They got it this morning. It wasn't out but a colleague and I asked and they took it out of the box and let us play with it. I was beside myself with excitement.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rentulnaes View Post
    The BestBuy at the Cambridgeside galleria mall in Cambridge, MA has a demo unit. They got it this morning. It wasn't out but a colleague and I asked and they took it out of the box and let us play with it. I was beside myself with excitement.
    Any reports on the lag?
    have any leaked out anywhere in Canada yet? Bit early but if anyone sees one in Vancouver let us know.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhead321 View Post
    Any reports on the lag?
    The demo app is really big and made the whole device slow while it was loading. Once the demo app was loaded things were much better and every app we tried out was snappy and very usable. The BestBuy employee who opened it up for us connected it to their store wi-fi and we tested out flash heavy sites in the browser which was really nice.
    I stopped by my local Wal-Mart and the store had a functioning unit on display. I Played with it for about an hour, even used free tether on my pre- to check out flash enabled sites. I was so impressed! There was a little leg and freeze; I think this was due to the demo wanting to keep running.

Once I had free tether up I went to the actual youetube website. I loaded up a commercial for the HP Touchpad. It worked flawlessly. When I went into card view the video stayed on! I think it (played out) what was loaded during full view even though I was in card view. I also noticed in the settings that there was a rotation lock for landscape.

The Speakers sounded extremely clear when I booted up Sparkle. I noticed that the up swipe only had one dedicated side of the bezel when in landscape. Also there was no Camera app. Camera seems to be limited to video chat. No photo stills.

The Demo unit felt gorgeous in my hands. It was not heavy or bulky at all, despite what many people are saying. The device was solid but elegant in the hands. The Demo did have a security chord attached, but felt like the weight was very well distributed. Not top or back heavy.

Let me know if anyone has questions and I will try to answer them
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I stopped by my local Wal-Mart and the store had a functioning unit on display. I Played with it for about an hour, even used free tether on my pre- to check out flash enabled sites. I was so impressed! There was a little leg and freeze; I think this was due to the demo wanting to keep running.
    Where is your "local Wal-Mart"?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    South Atlanta. No accessories, but it was hooked up next to two other stands that were vacant. The person in electronic said that are going to redo the display area instead of having everything under glass like the e reders. The place was a complete mess.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    South Atlanta..
    C'mon now, help me out. The purpose of this thread is to create a list by city and state. I don't want to make assumptions (for instance, there's an Atlanta, TX, but it's so small I don't know if there's a south part of the city...).

City, state, and the street that the Walmart is on would be very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    to people who have seen it at a walmart, was it a larger walmart or smaller? i was really surprised that the one that had it on display in Ohio was a smaller one and of less quality than others and super center ones.
    Yea i was gonna mention that to you. I almost didnt call that store because its an older store and very "walmart dirty", the supercenters a lot cleaner I typically shop at vs the arlington store. But they had the demo out so I was suprised of all stores they had it. When I was there it was just the touchpad & acer and hardly anyone around to see either, but its not a normal store in the sense of customer traffic going through.
    Chamblee Tucker Road, Atlanta GA. I would call first though. Looked like they were moving things around.
    I've been to the Walmart Supercenter on Highway 17 in Savannah, GA, the Walmart Supercenter in Hinesville, GA, and the BestBuy in Savannah, GA (a disaster!). No one has the TouchPad so I can play with it. We are completely hosed in the Savannah, GA area! I guess I'll check Atlanta out when I'm up there for the 4th of July weekend. By then I would have already ordered one from Amazon.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Anyone aware of one in a Utah BB or Walmart? I'm dying to try one out!
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    UNION SQUARE NY (Store 1531)
    52 E 14th St #64
    Kyleo front page story on PreCentral says (some?) BestBuys in NYC now have demo units.

http://www.precentral.net/touchpad-d...stbuy-near-you
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Kyleo front page story on PreCentral says (some?) BestBuys in NYC now have demo units.

TouchPad display devices: Now at a BestBuy near you | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    Yeah, that one sorta torqued me just a little. I decided to use part of my lunch break, and check out the local stores near my work. Neither Walmart had the display, and clerks in the computer department seemed clueless. Thought about running by Best Buy, but since none of them had units yet, I figured it'd be a waste of time, and went for a bowl of chicken tortilla soup instead. Now I'm wondering about Best Buy. Guess I'll have to stop there on the way home. May as well swing by Fry's as well, and the Best Buy that's actually near my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhead321 View Post
    Anyone aware of one in a Utah BB or Walmart? I'm dying to try one out!
    Orem has one but it's not set up. Still in the box behind glass. Your welcome to try and talk them into plugging it in for you.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Wal-Mart at RoundRock, Texas has them five in stock.

Not displayed yet. but the manager will let you take one out and play with it, fyi. Display should be up by tommarow evening he said. All Austin, Texas area display units he told me are to me up by Wendsday of this week.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Orem has one but it's not set up. Still in the box behind glass. Your welcome to try and talk them into plugging it in for you.
    Orem BB or Walmart?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post

TouchPad display devices: Now at a BestBuy near you | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    Kyleo if you find the TouchPad at Union Square store let us know what you think. Good luck.