Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Jacksonville, FL:
    • Walmart - Hodges & Beach Blvd - has display, no unit
    • Walmart - Kernan & Atlantic Blvd - No Display, No unit
    • Walmart - US 1 & Southside Blvd - No Display, no Unit
    • Walmart - US 1 & Emerson - No display, no unit
    • Walmart - San Jose & I295 - Has Display, no unit
    • Bestbuy - Southside Blvd & I95 - HP Display with HP Beats headphones, by the computers

I guess I will have to go in sometime during Friday to play with it.
    Wow, I thought I was the only HP/Palm webOS fan in Jacksonville (besides my gf of course). I went to every single Walmart you listed here (I live on the Southside). I've been checking the Southside (Magnolia Best Buy store) Best Buy every Sunday for the last couple of weeks to see if there are any changes as well. The Best Buys on Atlantic Blvd and @ the TownCenter has the HP displays with no unit as well. The Best Buy employees for the last two stores I mentioned (Atlantic/TownCenter) both heard about the TouchPad but didn't know much about it because they said they are going to get "trained" on it. However, the employee at the Magnolia store LOVES HP and is really excited about the Touchpad. Take that FWIW.
    Last edited by icicle1906; 06/26/2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: better word flow
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks for the jacksonville info,it saved me some time.
    Rochester, MN

• Walmart South - No display

• Walmart North - Price Tag out for 32gb Touchpad, but no demo unit. In fact, all tablets (other than the iPad) had tags, but no units on the stand, peculiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
    Rochester, MN

• Walmart South - No display

• Walmart North - Price Tag out for 32gb Touchpad, but no demo unit. In fact, all tablets (other than the iPad) had tags, but no units on the stand, peculiar.
    Maybe they were all sold out because people are not wanting an iPad anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by icicle1906 View Post
    Wow, I thought I was the only HP/Palm webOS fan in Jacksonville (besides my gf of course). I went to every single Walmart you listed here (I live on the Southside). I've been checking the Southside (Magnolia Best Buy store) Best Buy every Sunday for the last couple of weeks to see if there are any changes as well. The Best Buys on Atlantic Blvd and @ the TownCenter has the HP displays with no unit as well. The Best Buy employees for the last two stores I mentioned (Atlantic/TownCenter) both heard about the TouchPad but didn't know much about it because they said they are going to get "trained" on it. However, the employee at the Magnolia store LOVES HP and is really excited about the Touchpad. Take that FWIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    Thanks for the jacksonville info,it saved me some time.
    Youre welcome. I wanted to also check the Beach Blvd & Southside store, but my wife gets itchy whenever she goes into a Walmart..."look honey, its on sale!"

I know that there is a few more on the west and north sides, but I drive a truck and cant justify the heartbreak if I drive that far. BTW, I am in Mandarin.

And lastly, I forgot to add the Bestbuy Mobile in the Avenues Mall. They DO NOT have it nor are they planning to carry it, according to a PYT associate. She said that they are a mobile store, and if it doesnt have a cell radio in it, its not mobile.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I asked a Rep at Best Buy earlier and they said stores in Manhattan will expect some sort of demo of the HP touchpad on the 29th.

I really would like to try one before I got one.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    I asked a Rep at Best Buy earlier and they said stores in Manhattan will expect some sort of demo of the HP touchpad on the 29th.

I really would like to try one before I got one.
    I bet some (more?) of the media got handed a TouchPad last Wed/Thurs when HP was in NYC for the Pepcom event and reviews will come out this Tuesday, followed by stores putting out demo units on the 29th and 30th.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I bet some (more?) of the media got handed a TouchPad last Wed/Thurs when HP was in NYC for the Pepcom event and reviews will come out this Tuesday, followed by stores putting out demo units on the 29th and 30th.
    Yup! You are probably right.

But actually this Best Buy rep told me the HP Touchpad was actually going to be BETTER then people have expected. So they have it. THEY JUST NEED TO PUT IT ON DISPLAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    Yup! You are probably right.

But actually this Best Buy rep told me the HP Touchpad was actually going to be BETTER then people have expected. So they have it. THEY JUST NEED TO PUT IT ON DISPLAY!
    Good to hear some enthusiasm from BB. His store might have been trained on a demo unit brought by a trainer but the actual store units may still be in transit, estimated to arrive on the 29th or the 30th. What store did you visit?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Good to hear some enthusiasm from BB. His store might have been trained on a demo unit brought by a trainer but the actual store units may still be in transit, estimated to arrive on the 29th or the 30th. What store did you visit?
    UNION SQUARE NY (Store 1531)
    52 E 14th St #64
    Mechanicsville, VA (near Richmond) Walmart:

Nothing. They have a sad little tablet display with a working Xoom and the Playbook and Acer tablets in a locked case underneath. I asked a guy with a supervisor tag if they had the HP TouchPad, he said, "No .. it's not released yet." I was happy at least that he knew what I was talking about. I said I was hoping they'd have it on display, and asked if they'd have it on release day, this Friday. He said he didn't know.

This is probably the biggest Walmart in the Metro Richmond area, by the way.
    Monroe/Harriman, NY

none there. asked about it, they looked on computer and since it said out of stock, they thought they were sold out already.

they had ipad under glass, everything else had no juice left (nook color, xoom)
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    The Walmart in Plaistow, NH had a display unit under the counter with a dead battery. They were charging it after I asked to see it. Will go back some night this week to play with it.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Walmart in East Windsor, CT - Touchpad on a shelf next to some android tablet. (Acer?) The battery was completely dead and the staff didn't seem interested in trying to get it charged...No signs whatsoever indicating what kind of tablet it was, (And I wouldn't have known it was the Touchpad if I wasn't such a WebOS/HP fan) but they did have an empty spot in the locked glass case below the shelf with the 32GB Touchpad price tag.

Sad that they couldn't even bother to plug it into power or have a proper display...but at least it was there, I guess.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dajlol77 View Post
    Walmart in East Windsor, CT - Touchpad on a shelf next to some android tablet. (Acer?) The battery was completely dead and the staff didn't seem interested in trying to get it charged...No signs whatsoever indicating what kind of tablet it was, (And I wouldn't have known it was the Touchpad if I wasn't such a WebOS/HP fan) but they did have an empty spot in the locked glass case below the shelf with the 32GB Touchpad price tag.

Sad that they couldn't even bother to plug it into power or have a proper display...but at least it was there, I guess.
    Did they refuse to plug it in after you asked to try it?
    They have a display area ready for the Walmart in Williamsburg, VA.

They have the tag/info but no display unit yet. Hopefully soon though.

Last edited by tooearly; 06/27/2011 at 09:24 AM.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Did they refuse to plug it in after you asked to try it?
    Yup, They said they couldn't plug it in. I ask why and they wouldn't give me an answer. Basically they just wanted me to go away and stop bothering them.

I think I'm going to go back today and ask again
    Austin, TX; BB at Brodie

They have a TP display, no unit, and a Veer (charging) on it. When I asked the guy in the mobile dept about it, he said at least 3 people a day ask him about the TP, and he led me to the display table in the computer dept. After asking a rep there, he said that they can't put one out until their personnel get training, which I thought made sense despite my desire to pressure him to let me see it! The greater good is more important, heheh..
    No sign of TouchPad at five Walmart SuperCenter locations throughout Broward County -there are more, but I didn't have time to check them all out.

Most claim they have heard nothing about any shipments, but one confirmed they would most likely get it the day before launch.
    to people who have seen it at a walmart, was it a larger walmart or smaller? i was really surprised that the one that had it on display in Ohio was a smaller one and of less quality than others and super center ones.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast