Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, we can't use the Manny commercial as an indication, because it looks like there were some liberties taken with the display vs video overlay, but really...

The shows a speedy and smooth OS.

And the reviewer at the Pepcom NYC Digital Experience Event played with an

and his comments included:

i also got to spend some hands-on time with the world’s first webos tablet. it’s very sleek, feels great in the hand, and it’s very fast.
    Dunno if he's going for the e.e. cummings style on purpose..

This looks like a well-tuned, ready-for-primetime tablet.

If you are preparing to comment "where are the apps?", I'd respectfully redirect you to the numerous threads on the topic, including the most recent one, "Quality of Apps for Android Is "Pathetically Low" Says Developer"

Since my Father's-Day payday, I'm waiting with excitement for release. Hope there aren't any snafus that will prevent me from walking out of a Best Buy with a new Touchpad next Friday..
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    me too -=)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    that video really didn't show much.

Good luck, Lets see some extensive reviews, hopefully soon.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i just realized something. watching the vid, i noticed the tablet had 27 gigs and change available!!!!
    that means the 16 gig will have only about 11 gigs free.... i hope its just lots and lots of fluff videos taking up all that space~!!
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Anyone noticed the VPN app?

EDIT - these videos are in the other thread also.
    NNJ
    Anyone notice TTS didn't work in the second video?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    that video really didn't show much.

Good luck, Lets see some extensive reviews, hopefully soon.
    I take it that you plan to snag one mid July, since various reviews will be in. Its an awesome OS that will shine on HPs 1st tablet.

Can you imagine how much better things will be with future devices....scary good!
    Very interesting and thanks for the links! Yes I also think it is SNAPPING very quickly an doing MUCH Much better then before. Thanks HP for polishing the code and bringing it home before July 1st.

Either way, I'm really impressed and we're also busy selling all of our old toys to help bring down the cost. I already sold my spare Nikon D50 camera on Craigslist for $250, my wife's Beull Blast will go up for sale soon, and who knows what else we can get rid of.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I take it that you plan to snag one mid July, since various reviews will be in. Its an awesome OS that will shine on HPs 1st tablet.

Can you imagine how much better things will be with future devices....scary good!
    actually no, at this time I have no plan of getting one. But flood of great reviews may change my mind, obviously I will wait for a price drop at some point even if I were to get one.

Good luck to you anyway.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Seemed to work fine after he actually was able to touch the Touchpad screen..

Have you ever done a demo before? =)
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    actually no, at this time I have no plan of getting one. But flood of great reviews may change my mind, obviously I will wait for a price drop at some point even if I were to get one.

Good luck to you anyway.
    Like all devices, that drop will come. I am getting at least the 20% discount on the 32gig and I think the HP 7 hardware will be more refined, sleek, etc. If its on another planet, then I'll give the HP 10 to the wifey.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    IIRC, that's because the Pre 3 was locked. The phone (and tablet) must be unlocked for TTS to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    IIRC, that's because the Pre 3 was locked. The phone (and tablet) must be unlocked for TTS to work.
    Either that, or if I heard correctly, bluetooth was off?
    Yeah it seemed like it was locked when he tried, and thats why it didnt work. After swiping up it worked instantly. I'm pretty sure it wasn't cuz bluetooth was off, since bluetooth turning on and pairing is NEVER that fast. At least no bluetooth device I've ever used in my life pairs (re-pairs) that fast.
    Ordered mine from Best Buy today. BTW, for those interested, the prediction that HP was only allowing retail outlets to have the 32gb version haven't played out true. I could have ordered the 16gb version if I'd wanted. Multiple retail outlets (including Best Buy) are now offering them.
    so you have to ask them to order online to get 16g ship to your local store.

what normal tablet buyer gonna specifically do that?

the serious question was always about the model availability to general buyer who walks into a retail store. using meaningless debate tacktics does not help hp in any way or shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Looked fast besides while it froze up loading the app store with no wifi.

Still less capable than ipad and honeycomb though, so I'm still waiting.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Still less capable than ipad and honeycomb though, so I'm still waiting.
    ... until it can do _______.

?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow paper boy~!! love that game, my girl even more ahhaha this is awesome!
    THANKS~!!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast