Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Just things I have gotten used too. Apps mainly. Also broswer choices but thats coming along. WebOS feels like a web browser with limited other functionality.
    Google music and/or amazon mp3
    Netflix and or blockbuster
    official dropbox
    read it later
    shazam
    words with friends
    gmail
    good google maps
    great podcasting app (dr podder is ok but i love beyond pod more)
    100 amazon appstore free apps and counting.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Anyone notice TTS didn't work in the second video?
    I'm pretty certain it didn't work b/c the phone was locked. You have to unlock first before TTS works. It was the users fault, not the TTS integration.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    that video really didn't show much.

Good luck, Lets see some extensive reviews, hopefully soon.
    with device loaded with apps, emails and multimedia.

However, I'm pleased to see snappy performance with clean device. It's a device state buyers will see in store. Later, HP can blame patches and sloppy written apps.
    What was that free 50GB Box thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Just things I have gotten used too. Apps mainly. Also broswer choices but thats coming along. WebOS feels like a web browser with limited other functionality.
    Google music and/or amazon mp3
    Netflix and or blockbuster
    official dropbox
    read it later
    shazam
    words with friends
    gmail
    good google maps
    great podcasting app (dr podder is ok but i love beyond pod more)
    100 amazon appstore free apps and counting.

If there's a decent native browser built in, why bother with alternative ones? I've tried DolphinHD, Opera and a number of other browsers on the EVO 4G and kept coming back to the stock browser. My issue is that many developers may be very good a coding, but their UI design seems created by a 5yr.

Some of the apps you mentioned above are also debatable:

Gmail? TouchPad's native app is world's better.
    Google Maps? I've been using Bing Maps on the desktop and haven't looked back, so I expect a great experience on the TouchPad.

Granted, the rest of your list is still a mystery when it comes to webOS but Android never had those at day 1, did it? Let's give webOS a fighting chance.
    To confirm that if is laggy or not, I need "see with my own fingers"!

Now, I just can have some idea...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    What was that free 50GB Box thing?
    I'm wondering about that too. Looks interesting.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danh35 View Post
    I'm wondering about that too. Looks interesting.
    It look as though HP is bundling box.net 50GB cloud storage space with the TouchPad?
    ^^^
    I must have missed that, where did you all see it?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Around 4:52 in this ( ) Walmart video. At 5:03, that's clearly a box.net 'Box' logo!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Check this out. It took a screenshot at 5:03 into the video.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have played with a TouchPad with my own grubby little hands, and I can say that it is not laggy and works great. Of course there are some issues, but I expected that at this stage (pre release). I can't go into details, but I think most people will be quite pleased. With that said, you can't please everyone.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Around 4:52 in this ([url= - ‪Hp Touchpad demo unit in Walmart‬‏[/url]) Walmart video. At 5:03, that's clearly a box.net 'Box' logo!
    box.net is creating an app, for the touchpad, but I wouldn't hold my breath, their apps are usually very limited
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    box.net is creating an app, for the touchpad, but I wouldn't hold my breath, their apps are usually very limited
    Why then would it say "50GB of Free file storage and sharing" at 4:53 into the video?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    that video really didn't show much.

Good luck, Lets see some extensive reviews, hopefully soon.
    I agree,they spent 1 minute playing with it.They didn't show any apps like games.I like the other walmart video.It last for 5 minutes and he showed some games and it was a better video.
    Last edited by prethadd81; 06/24/2011 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Anyone notice TTS didn't work in the second video?
    I think the Pre3 was in lock mode when he did it but I have seen some videos where it is very snappy.Others have been a lil slow but not longer then 5 or 7 seconds to make the transfer so I would be worried about that.
    Last edited by prethadd81; 06/24/2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: mispelled word(stupid auto correct on my pre)
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Now this should have been the video Precentral should have posted,much longer,better quality,and he shows some games.This video really shows the speed of the TP.I know afetr next Friday we will be seeing a flood of these videos. I can't wait to drool on over to a BestBuy and get my hands on one.I def will be spending more then minutes on it and it better have wifi available.
    Ok, this is what nowdays is called "not laggy":

Quote Originally Posted by augustofretes View Post
    Ok, this is what nowdays is called "not laggy":

Dude i'm afraid there was tons of lag in that video. Your brain was just not fast enough to update itself with the info it was getting from your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by augustofretes View Post
    Yeah, sure. Let us miss the point about the iPad 2 being the competitor of the Touchpad, and the Touchpad is laggier and less snappy, come, just look at the email app, it's depressing.
    Funny, I didn't think that was the point of the post at all. Didn't even see the original poster mention the i-thingy-whatever you called it.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast