Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I tried out a Touchpad today at walmart. I must say though that i was a bit disappointed with it. The screen wasn't very responsive and I would have to keep trying to tap something or swipe up to get cards. My Veer does much better in this regard. Also, it didn't seem that fast to me. I also noticed a crack on the right side of screen which looked as if it went across the plastic to the charger port.
    I finally got to my local Wally-world today and to my surprise they actually had the Touchpad there. Unfortunately, It was completely drained of battery power. I asked a couple of the employees if they could hook it up to power and they just said "no"...***?? Totally ridiculous...

I took a couple photos anyway. As you can tell, it had been handled quite a bit by someone that had just eaten popcorn or something lol. It felt really good in my hands, pretty nice weight (but definitely not too heavy) and high quality materials. (Even the plastic back!)

I can't f'ing wait till Friday!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Really bummed today. I went to 6 Walmarts Ferguson, St. Ann, Bridgeton, Chesterfield, St. Charles (2) and only 1 even had a placeholder for the TouchPad. I also hit 2 Targets, 3 Best buys an Officemax and a Radio Shack. Only 1 Best buy had a table for the Touchpad. It was dead center in the laptop/computer area. The downside - you had to walk past the mobile phone area where the Playbook and a older Galaxy Tab are, then past the new Galaxy Tab, Xoom, and iPad end caps.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn0591 View Post
    I tried out a Touchpad today at walmart. I must say though that i was a bit disappointed with it. The screen wasn't very responsive and I would have to keep trying to tap something or swipe up to get cards. My Veer does much better in this regard. Also, it didn't seem that fast to me. I also noticed a crack on the right side of screen which looked as if it went across the plastic to the charger port.
    Could be a damaged unit, might explain the responsiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    Not to appear, each time I interacted with it, to move one day, one week, etc. Swipe, blank screen, wait for it, lines, wait for it... ... wait for it ... events. not the right day. swipe again and repeat. Nothing like how it looked on the commercial

Swiping cards was quite nice, opening apps was quite nice.

A guy can dream, right? Like a webOS driven macbook air
    In the “controlled” demos, all it is swiping/rearranging cards and showing the same touch-to-share demo of Allrecipes.com and the Dreamworks flash-enabled site. We have yet to ACTUALLY see a true, real-to-life demo.
    In the “controlled” demos, all it is swiping/rearranging cards and showing the same touch-to-share demo of Allrecipes.com and the Dreamworks flash-enabled site. We have yet to ACTUALLY see a true, real-to-life demo.
    Easy Tiger!, I'm just reporting my experience. I picked up a real TP in a real store, and it wasn't something I wanted to purchase. I was on the fence, leaning towards getting one, now I am leaning towards waiting until it gets refined. You can feel free to get one and I hope your experience is a nice one.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    Easy Tiger!, I'm just reporting my experience. I picked up a real TP in a real store, and it wasn't something I wanted to purchase. I was on the fence, leaning towards getting one, now I am leaning towards waiting until it gets refined. You can feel free to get one and I hope your experience is a nice one.
    You read me wrong.

I was more or less agreeing with you; just stating that the only demos we have seen here on the site haven't been particularly a “free for all.”
    You read me wrong.
    Sorry! It just seems that there are a couple of people that "want to believe". I hope they get what they are looking for and all their dreams come true.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    Really bummed today. I went to 6 Walmarts Ferguson, St. Ann, Bridgeton, Chesterfield, St. Charles (2) and only 1 even had a placeholder for the TouchPad. I also hit 2 Targets, 3 Best buys an Officemax and a Radio Shack. Only 1 Best buy had a table for the Touchpad. It was dead center in the laptop/computer area. The downside - you had to walk past the mobile phone area where the Playbook and a older Galaxy Tab are, then past the new Galaxy Tab, Xoom, and iPad end caps.
    Yep, I've been to the Maplewood, Kirkwood, and South County Wal-marts. No sign of the Touchpad at all. I was at the South County BB and did see the table. Had two Veers and that was all. There were a few BB employee's standing around. I was never asked if I needed help. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Then it's because you're not looking. They're on YouTube, they're on here. Go watch them.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345