Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Nice!

What were your impressions?
    He barely let me touch it but..

First off it froze up at the beginning probably because of the demo app that was running, the home button is flush to the face of the touchpad,Which I think looks better. It was nice being able to use the up gesture, they had a bunch of pre-loaded apps on it. Air hockey, paratroopers hd, whitepages, paperboy, and several more. everything seemed smooth except for that first freeze up. It probably took about a minute or so to boot up, maybe a little longer. I really want one , I wish i could have played with it without that guy standing there to search around more....
    You mean a WM rep didn't let you use it?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    He just wouldn't let me hold it I was the one doing all the touching and opening of apps and stuff
    That's weird. Was the device behind a locked glass case and he had to open or was it in plain view?
    If someone else gets a chance to demo one soon, will you please open up the settings for sounds? It has the Beats logo and I'm curious what settings there are for it.

I've read rumors that Beats Audio can be enabled/disabled which would just point to it being some EQ setup.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    That's weird. Was the device behind a locked glass case and he had to open or was it in plain view?
    It was behind locked glass and I had to ask to use it.
    [grumble, grumble, grumble] Just went to a local Wal-mart (Philly burbs) and didn't see a thing. Reps didn't know anything either.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    If someone gets to a unit open the Messaging app and see if you can pair with a Pre-/+... curious to know if the SMS can forward from pre- to Touchpad. I know the touch to share won't work but no reason this bluetooth feature can't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    If someone gets to a unit open the Messaging app and see if you can pair with a Pre-/+... curious to know if the SMS can forward from pre- to Touchpad. I know the touch to share won't work but no reason this bluetooth feature can't work.
    You have to have both devices using the same profile for TTS, Phone call and SMS sharing to work.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    TTS is not the same as bluetooth SMS/Call forwarding I would think. They advertise that as if you were in another room. It would seem the Touchpad operates like an over sized ear piece with SMS capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    You have to have both devices using the same profile for TTS, Phone call and SMS sharing to work.
    I think what professionalbum is looking for is a little "hands-on" verification. We've had a lot of theories, and conflicting advice. Some verification would be great.
    Maybe I violate NDK maybe not. But since they are out there I see no reason. In webOS 3.0 when you launch messager it ask if you want to pair with a phone.

"If this device is connected with your HP webOS phone, you can also send and recieve SMS text messages".

When you click Connect Phone it opens bluetooth pairing app. Again don't think I'm saying anything that can't be seen at Wally World. Just thought I would see if it could be tested.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think what professionalbum is looking for is a little "hands-on" verification. We've had a lot of theories, and conflicting advice. Some verification would be great.
    It was said in one of the demos that its an extra security feature that both devices have to share the same profile. It also says it on the website for the Touchpad (fine print, #4 & #5 at the bottom), so I'm not aware of any conflicting advice unless it has come from unofficial sources.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I checked my local store which will carry it and nothing is out yet either. I know they have the display unit for a couple days.

I wanted to answer the same questions brought up here.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    War Eagle!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    It was said in one of the demos that its an extra security feature that both devices have to share the same profile. It also says it on the website for the Touchpad (fine print, #4 & #5 at the bottom), so I'm not aware of any conflicting advice unless it has come from unofficial sources.
    It doesn't really matter what is said where. The guy made a pretty simple request, and it wasn't an unreasonable one.
    BMIC50 makes a point there. I agree that TTS won't work on older devices. I guess for the SMS and Voice to work you would need the new HP profile. So my question now is, will my current Pre- profile transfer to the Touchpad or do I need a new profile? Cause if my profile works on both devices I still fail to see the SMS and voice not working.

hparsons, to be honest probably is kind of a pain to do this at a store. Seems in the one video the Walmart employee wouldn't let him touch the device, unless to open an app.

Anyway the whole point to all this was to see if that feature works. TTS is nice but if all we get is the URL sharing its kind of a wasted feature. With reports of hiring of NFC engineers I believe TTS is DOA. I love the concept but just don't know how long HP will support it. The SMS and Phone sharing is great and if that does work with legacy devices it would be awesome for soo many people.
  17.    #57  
    I visited 2 Best Buys today, 1 Costco, and 1 Wal-Mart. Only one best buy had a display for the touchpad to lay upon but no touchpad there. Either way I read in the fine print and it said the veer and pre3 will be ready for touch-to-share technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post

One kid said: "nah, all we got are xoom and ipad. And we don't have an ipad display any more.. Someone stole it.."
    it was probably that kid that stole it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    Either way I read in the fine print and it said the veer and pre3 will be ready for touch-to-share technologies.
    In the coming months.. :P

Sorry, had to say it.. I dont expect to see an update for the Veer for another month or 2..
    Today, I visited my Best Buy and saw the display set up for the TouchPad and Veer, but neither device was on display. I stopped a a local Wal-Mart and couldn't even find a display set up. I noticed the iPad 2 display which had the device under plexiglass and running a video. No audio could be hear and the entire display case looked oddly empty. If this is the kind of presentation given to the holy iPad, I'm afraid of the presentation that will be given for the "lowly" TP.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast