Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    No I didn't, sorry. I don't have a cell phone at the moment (waiting on the Pre3).
    I'm gonna make sure to have my free tether app ready when/if I see one before July 1
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    They didn't have a sku in front of it. Like I said, It was sitting in the Xoom's spot. There was a box for the demo unit in the case below that said "demo unit, not for sale". I was tempted to offer the kid 50$ to sell it to me anyway, but the woman was with me and prolly would kicked me **** if I did.
    Haha, I am an HP Rep and we are told specifically to make sure these store employees do not sell the Touchpad Demo Unit no matter what because we would have to order another one. I have yet to go into a store with it on display so this is a cool story to hear from you, thanks for sharing!
    Here is a picture I took at our local Wal-Mart today. Device is still boxed and in the case below where it will be displayed. Roseville, CA store
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why I do believe thats the first we have seen the packaging

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Here is a picture I took at our local Wal-Mart today. Device is still boxed and in the case below where it will be displayed. Roseville, CA store
    Why, thank you sir. My appetite is now fully whetted.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    This is a great photo, thanks for sharing. Interesting to stick with the whole leaning against the wall thing on the packaging same as the website, I think it works though.
    So could one of the two of you that have played with the demo go back and see if the QuickOffice has editing capabilities for word or excel?

Thanks in advance.
  9.    #29  
    Editing capabilities will not be capable at date of launch but I have been told that shortly afterwards that capability will be ready...I believe give it a month before the software is ready for editing.
    I wonder if apps like glow hockey were re-written for the touchpad or if they scaled. Probably no way to confirm this.

I'd also like to see the page turn rendering on this release unit as at times it seemed laggy in older videos.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm not sure which app I was in (kindle wasn't loaded), but I did come across a book and the page turns were fluid with no lag whatsoever.
    You know for some reason I was willing to take a wait and see approach... until I saw the pic of that box. For some reason it makes it all the more real for me. I WANT ONE RIGHT NOW!!!! <-- Take that as a temper tantrum.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Nothing at the small walmart near me- will have to check out the supercenter- also that box below the box- looks like another one in a shipping box, maybe you could convence some nub to sell u that one :-P dont take it outta the brown box incase it labled as demo ;-)
    The more I hear and see, I would get one. But not for 500$
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Check out my video from walmart

I really wish I could have uploaded a better video, the walmart guy wouldnt let me hold it
    Last edited by rothoof; 06/24/2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post

I really wish I could have uploaded a better video, the walmart guy wouldnt let me hold it
    Nice!

What were your impressions?
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post

Hmmm, at around 1:13, was anyone just counting the seconds until the app loaded?
    On second thought, since it was the calendar and there was no network connection (it uses the cloud/Google Calendar, after all) that may be the reason, then.

Any thoughts?
    Yea it's hard to watch that, but we know it's due to no internet. You'd think they'd load the app, then display a loading icon or something instead of making it look like the app is slow.
    I'm almost positive it was choking because of no internet connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I went to two Walmarts in the Jacksonville area. The 1st one didn't have a display...only the Xoom in a glass case. The one in a better part of town had an open spot, including a price tag for the 32gb model, for the TouchPad. It was next to a dead Acer Iconia. There was also spots for the Acer 7" and the Xoom. I even saw the screen protectors for the TouchPad. I was so tempted to ask the staff (maybe even bribe them) for a sneak peek.
    I saw the identical thing at my Wal-Mart. There was Screen Protectors for the TP on the hanger and open spots for the dock charger, wall charger and case. I asked if any of these items where in stock and the manager said no. He does not know when and what shipments arrive.

Some Wal-Marts have open displays but most I have noticed are all under glass in the e-readers section. Apple has their own stand alone area under glass as well.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast