Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I go into my local BB which i knew had a HP section setup but is lacking anything on it. Lo and Behold what do I see? Well it sure as heck isn't any HP products sitting on the HP display. In fact it's Xbox 360's

edited to attach pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Major Payne; 06/23/2011 at 02:48 PM.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Hp xpad 360
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    They are just storeing the free 360's with PC purchase there to promote that deal, however there should be Veer's and carbboard TP's on display-

My BestBuy has gone from 1 real veer to 2 real active Veers :-)
    Should take a pic and send it to Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Let's think about this for a sec. A retail store has an area set up for new product. The store may not be able to display the product until a specific date more than a week away. Oh yeah, the product isn't even at the store yet.

Sounds like they have a smart & competent manager who used the space to display and sell other items until the time comes for HP products to be displayed. There's no reason to leave an area empty when it can be put to good use.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Should take a pic and send it to Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA.
    I have the Pic and wasn't sure what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    Let's think about this for a sec. A retail store has an area set up for new product. The store may not be able to display the product until a specific date more than a week away. Oh yeah, the product isn't even at the store yet.

Sounds like they have a smart & competent manager who used the space to display and sell other items until the time comes for HP products to be displayed. There's no reason to leave an area empty when it can be put to good use.

I only partially agree with that statement. If HP actually had to purchase the space(like grocery stores do) to get a special section then Best Buy should not be able to place whatever they want to in that space... but of course i could be wrong on this also

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Post it here. We want to see. Also tell us the location of this Best Buy.

But it's not supposed to be "empty". The Buffalo Walden one had the booth, there are 2 Veers (1 live with no SIM and 1 dummy) and a big sign that says "Touchpad Coming Soon".

Based on other reports, that's what the booth SHOULD look like, not with xboxes.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Post it here. We want to see. Also tell us the location of this Best Buy.
    Location is Ahwahtukee, Az (ie Phoenix, Az) and pic is in the original post now

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    My Best Buy had the HP display on an isle endcap. It was kind of a mess when I saw it yesterday. Just "coming soon" laying amongst the other mess.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)

Unless HP is paying for that space. And that space is more then a table to put devices on. It's advertising for HP, specifically WebOS products. It would be like renting a room at a hotel only to find another family in your room because, "You weren't using it".
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Unless HP is paying for that space. And that space is more then a table to put devices on. It's advertising for HP, specifically WebOS products. It would be like renting a room at a hotel only to find another family in your room because, "You weren't using it".
    And you can almost bet that HP is indeed paying for that space (in one fashion or another).
    When I worked retail for a large company, we frequently got advertising $$ or purchase discounts in exchange for endcap space, impulse purchase space, or display space. In other words, you get an additional 3% off your purchase of the merchandise, if you place it the way they want.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Perhaps somebody who works at BB can validate this point. Many of the large-chain retailers don't charge for shelf space. The retailer instead typically ensures there's an appropriate display to attract attention and drive sales. Tablets are one of the hottest items so they naturally have a desire to make sure their customers know they're available for sale.

If that is the case and the release date is July 1st, does it make much sense to "rent" this space more than a week out? Your analogy for the reservation is July 1st, so why would you care it's being used by somebody else as long as it's ready on July 1st?

(I like analogies btw, almost used one myself in the previous post)
    Perhaps somebody who works at BB can validate this point. Many of the large-chain retailers don't charge for shelf space. The retailer instead typically ensures there's an appropriate display to attract attention and drive sales. Tablets are one of the hottest items so they naturally have a desire to make sure their customers know they're available for sale.

If that is the case and the release date is July 1st, does it make much sense to "rent" this space more than a week out? Your analogy for the reservation is July 1st, so why would you care it's being used by somebody else as long as it's ready on July 1st?

(I like analogies btw, almost used one myself in the previous post)
    I'd be skeptical that Best Buy would setup a special display kiosk in all their stores for HP without being paid. Sure, I can't see Best Buy charging HP for normal "shelf space" but the kiosk is not normal shelf space.

The Veers are available right now. They're supposed to be on display at that Kiosk. The TouchPad cutout display is advertising space that is in use from the moment it's put up. Just because the product isn't launched doesn't mean it's not being sold via marketing.
    Space is sold and is exclusive.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I worked at best buy in Lexington Kentucky years ago and space / end caps were absolutely purchased. The guys from IBM and Lexmark used to come in all the time to inspect it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Space is sold and is exclusive.
    That makes sense and goes along with what I thought, otherwise why isn't every brand doing it?

Although I must say I'm skeptical of specifics about American stores coming from people living in different countries like Belgrade,Serbia
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Wow... It is amazing that the stupidity of idiots that work in these Tech stores can cause so much damage.

Being around & working with Best Buys, Costco's, Circuit City (when they were around) etc...there was always some ***** that thought he/she was smarter than everyone else.

This includes some ***** manager.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    The Chandler Mall Best Buy in AZ didn't have anything on display on their kiosks except black tie pamphlets which were neatly tucked in a pamphlet hole. I was kind of sad. I wanted to mess around with a Veer to see how lethargic my Sprint Pre is...
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Pift my local best buy didn't even have a working veer let alone a display area. The veer they did have looked like it had been made out of cardboard..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast