Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And you can almost bet that HP is indeed paying for that space (in one fashion or another)...
    I really had not read this article - HP's Plan to Make TouchPad a Hit - BusinessWeek when I posted that. My "you can almost bet" was based on big-box retail experience years ago. Turns out that game is still played:

HP has paid retailers to set up its own section within stores and is dispatching several hundred employees to demonstrate the product at retail this July, says Stephen DeWitt, Personal Systems Group senior vice-president.
    Deesugar take a bow, you called it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Deesugar take a bow, you called it first.
    Eh, anyone could have seen that, I was just first to post.

But thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    That makes sense and goes along with what I thought, otherwise why isn't every brand doing it?

Although I must say I'm skeptical of specifics about American stores coming from people living in different countries like Belgrade,Serbia

We have copied that system here also.

I can only guess how much HP paid for dedicated space and branded stands. I'm sure it's exclusive. Even a dedicated shelf space is exclusive.
    Basically, BB started to cash in from TP before official launch. I'm confident HP offered good extra percent for any TP sold in exchange for good store position, but BB probably managed to take some cash from HP instead extra discount.
    Last edited by chalx; 06/24/2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    The store in Bridgeton, MO store didn't have anything last I looked. They do have a Veer space in the mobile area. Typical 1 dummy, 1 real unit. But they've put their Best Buy "future proof" ad sign right in the middle of that display which is really distracting and might send the wrong message about the Veer. You have to work around the sign to play with the phone.
  5.    #25  
    I sent the info into the link posted above. Wonder if they will take action.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  6.    #26  
    So i visited my Local Best Buy (the same one in the pic) and Now low and behold the Xbox's are gone to be replaced with a huge HP Printer. My best buy doesn't carry AT&T phones. Either HP saw my Pic or the store manager got smart.

Spoke with a rep he kinda glanced at the area when i asked abut the TouchPad and said get here early if you want one. I can count on one hand how many we will have in stock.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12