1.    #1  
    I'm hearing you can successfully pair up a Pre with the TouchPad wifi over bluetooth and transfer calls to the TouchPad.

But this requires one wears a bluetooth headset, yes? So I'm not sure I see a huge advantage to using the TouchPad vs the cell phone.

Is there a way to use the TouchPad speakers in the wifi version? That would be a huge advantage as I use speakerphone most of the time.

Alternatively, I guess one could tether to TouchPad. If one tethered, could you then use the speakerphones instead of bluetooth or would one have to buy the TouchPad 3G/4G plan?

edit: And how does video fit into this? I guess if you got a call over skype on the phone and then transferred to the TouchPad, you could turn on the TouchPad video?
    you don't have to wear a bluetooth headset. It will come right through the speakers on the touchpad.

Correct on the video calling side too.

should be a few youtube videos out there on this. search touchpad and enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I guess if you got a call over skype on the phone and then transferred to the TouchPad, you could turn on the TouchPad video?
    Skype on the Verizon Pre 2 doesn't actually use VOIP. It uses voice minutes, and then something on the Verizon back end connects you to Skype. Not having a Verizon Pre 2 or a Touchpad, I'd bet that if you want video calling you have to initiate the call on the Touchpad. Otherwise, it's been said that the Touchpad just acts as a Bluetooth headset. You don't need a Bluetooth headset, because the Touchpad is the 'headset' - it should use its mic and speakers like mentioned above.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    you don't have to wear a bluetooth headset. It will come right through the speakers on the touchpad.

thanks, I'm videoed out on the TouchPad at this point, a bunch out there from various points in time and none really are comprehensive.

This phonecall transfer using the speakers could be a big reason why I would buy this item.
    I don't remember seeing a video that demonstrates this, but in one of the Tim Pettitt videos he does say that a call coming in on his Pre 3 can be answered on the Touchpad. He did not say anything about needing a headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post

Can I transfer calls over to the TP with webOS version 1.4.5? I know TTS will not be working with the pre- and the Veer will need an OTA.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    no, we need a soft update and hp is done with hardware below 2.0 for ne future updates.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!