Sweet! It's great to see a company like that take the risk and put a lot of focus on WebOS.

A few more players do that and then that will limit the perceived risk by others and this thing could really pick up.
    Hi all,

I view this a GREAT news....they have already created a popular game, so we know they have a fantastic resume...now combine that with webOS....this will encourage other firms to join in on the webOS platform!

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    People keep mentioning how it is risky, but I really don't think it is a risk, at least for games - the SDK is close to Apple's, so you should be able to port easily. So either HP WebOS is a hit, and you have no competition, or it is not a hit, and you still have your iPhone version out there.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    People keep mentioning how it is risky, but I really don't think it is a risk, at least for games - the SDK is close to Apple's, so you should be able to port easily. So either HP WebOS is a hit, and you have no competition, or it is not a hit, and you still have your iPhone version out there.
    Hi all,

HP has maintained from the beginning that they will help and supply manpower for porting apps.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    It begins, can't wait to see the new app content as July 1 comes.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Hell yes.

Surely they must be subsidized. But hell yes.
    I really hope the buzz the touchpad is generating will remain positive and continue to attract devs to webOS. We haven't had this much media exposure since the original Pre launch.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Awesome! Can't wait to see what this team has in store for us!
    I use to work for a game developer and one of my coworkers went to work for Palm right after the acquisition. She won't tell me what, other than it's game related.

I think I am now seeing why.
    Doesn't Richard Kerris come from LucasArts? Maybe he moved his influences to make his old friends develope apps for his new platform.
    I was really shocked to see an article pop up on Joystiq about WebOS and the Touchpad. Even though Force Unleashed had it's shortcomings, I really enjoyed it overall. Can't wait to see what they are making.
    I also had a friend tell me today her company has been making an app for the Touchpad and says her team has been really impressed with it, especially the TTS tech. Sadly she wouldn't let me know what they were making.
    If more announcements like this start coming out I may pick up a Touchpad earlier than I was planning.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    Sadly she wouldn't let me know what they were making.
    If more announcements like this start coming out I may pick up a Touchpad earlier than I was planning.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hi all,
    we'll all know shortly...

take care,

Jay