Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would love tabs for the browser only instead of cards. I hope they can make this an option in the future.

Sent from that Nexus S 4G via Tapatalk
    (scratching my head) ... in my mind, cards make tabs pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    (scratching my head) ... in my mind, cards make tabs pointless.
    Yup..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Cards are fine when you've only got a few open but personally I'd prefer tabs as well, flicking back and forth to card view is going to get tedious when you're running a lot of cards.

If they stick to cards though I hope there's a way of opening new browser cards without automatically jumping out to card view. I want to be able to open up links in the background and let them load without navigating away from the page that I'm already on.
    I think using advanced gestures is better than using tabs and you can avoid card view if that gets annoying.
    I think tab is better. However, this won't be the dealbreaker for alot of people out there. And I am sure once webOS gets some marketshare, there will be third party browser available on TouchPad market place.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    tab is easier, just one tap to switch windows. why cant we just have both? -=)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    I think using advanced gestures is better than using tabs and you can avoid card view if that gets annoying.
    Although that sounds amazing I still think tabs are the best and fastest method for going between multiple websites when surfing the web. I do alot of surfing and always use 3-4 tabs when doing so on my PC. Im not saying cards suck for web surfing just saying I think tabs are more convenient and faster than cards for web surfing.
    I want to change pages with one tap. Going to card view is counter-intuitive.
    I thought it said somewhere that touchpad does have tabbed browsing. I remember people making a big deal about it since we have cards
    I prefer it the way it is considering the relatively small amount of screen estate. On the TouchPad fine, on the Pre range I like cards
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    I prefer it the way it is considering the relatively small amount of screen estate. On the TouchPad fine, on the Pre range I like cards
    yeah, on the phone, I think card is ok. However, tablet mode, tab is much better and faster.
    need a patch to have the new card open underneath instead of on top... IMHO
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    Yea I was definitely talking about just the TouchPad. Using Tabs instead of cards gets rid of 1 step which would be minimizing to card view.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    It depends if we're talking about phones or tablets. I agree advanced gestures are the easiest method on the phone. How many tiny tabs could one have open in the phone browser without having them to small to identify and/or taking up too much vertical space, if they used mutliple rows? But on a tablet, which will lack a gesture area for that full swipe (and what a huge swipe it would have been!) tabs make more sense. Should they just make tabs an option and have both? Obviously. When are options ever bad?

16.    #16  
    Yea I definitely started this thread under the TouchPad forum for a reason and was intended to talk about the tablet only and not the Pre 3 or Veer.

The option would be great or even a third party browser with tabs would do it for me.
    I figure that tabs would in fact be a desirable feature on a big screen like the touchpad's - arguing that cards make tabs ENTIRELY pointless is like saying windows make them pointless.

On a phone screen, I feel that cards are really superior to tabs. But a screen that's large enough to handle them changes that in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    If they stick to cards though I hope there's a way of opening new browser cards without automatically jumping out to card view. I want to be able to open up links in the background and let them load without navigating away from the page that I'm already on.
    I want Open New Cards In Background as a patch on 2.1. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I want Open New Cards In Background as a patch on 2.1. Now.
    Agreed.
    They say it "works the way you do" so, gimmie my tabs!
    For what it's worth, this is tabs on the iPad in the iChromy app. Not sure how iOS5 implements them but can't be much betteer than this.

http://db.tt/5GlBmWp

No idea why Apple and HP built tablet browsers without tabs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast