Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21  
    ahh.. thats the stuff. Give me that sticky tabbed goodness HP.
  2. #22  
    Maybe there will be a enyo version of the universe app for the TouchPad.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I figure that tabs would in fact be a desirable feature on a big screen like the touchpad's - arguing that cards make tabs ENTIRELY pointless is like saying windows make them pointless.

    On a phone screen, I feel that cards are really superior to tabs. But a screen that's large enough to handle them changes that in my opinion.


    I want Open New Cards In Background as a patch on 2.1. Now.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    i wanna play with one and then ill get back to you
  4. #24  
    I don't feel like I need tabs, but I would like an indicator to show me where I am on the webpage. (This is a bigger need for smaller screen devices like the Pre 3.)
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
  5. #25  
    Am I completely wrong, I thought the touchpad had tabs....

    but yes on the bigger screen tabs are necessary I think, no the phone, not so much
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevr1990 View Post

    No idea why Apple and HP built tablet browsers without tabs.
    Well, they probably didn't think it was that big of a deal. Of course the difference between Apple and HP here is that a 3rd party dev could just make a new browser, with tabs, and release it in the catalog.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Well, they probably didn't think it was that big of a deal. Of course the difference between Apple and HP here is that a 3rd party dev could just make a new browser, with tabs, and release it in the catalog.
    I think every third party iOS browser has tabbed browsing.

    Do you know if the webOS SDK exposes the WebKit framework to developers? Making a tabbed browser for webOS 3.0 would be pretty easy if so.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I think every third party iOS browser has tabbed browsing.
    That would depend heavily on your definition of "tab". I actually have two 3rd party browsers and if I had to describe them I'd use the word "card" before I'd use "tab".
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    That would depend heavily on your definition of "tab". I actually have two 3rd party browsers and if I had to describe them I'd use the word "card" before I'd use "tab".
    Which ones do you use? I use iCab and Perfect Browser a lot and both are as tabby as it gets.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    I don't feel like I need tabs, but I would like an indicator to show me where I am on the webpage. (This is a bigger need for smaller screen devices like the Pre 3.)
    Currently using a patch to get this on my pre.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11. hsukirk's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #31  
    Im one for the tabs as well but stack all browsers together then using gesture wont kill either.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Which ones do you use? I use iCab and Perfect Browser a lot and both are as tabby as it gets.
    Opera Mini and Sleipnir
  13. hsukirk's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #33  
    In fact, this gets me thinking why can't TouchPad zooms out further ?

    Instead of showing 1 main app and 2 more on the left and right when you are in card view, why not offering an option of showing more cards (like S, M, L choices they have as their slogan or for keyboard ) considering its bigger screen and not interesting to see a lot of wallpapers ?

    Just a thought.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Currently using a patch to get this on my pre.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Which one please? I will install it right now.

    Thanks.

    Edit: Found it. Perfect. Once again Homebrew does what Palm doesn't.
    Last edited by Bullroarer Took; 06/23/2011 at 05:09 PM.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    Which one please? I will install it right now.

    Thanks.

    Edit: Found it. Perfect. Once again Homebrew does what Palm doesn't.
    Cool glad you found it, been using it happily for a while.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I think every third party iOS browser has tabbed browsing.

    Do you know if the webOS SDK exposes the WebKit framework to developers? Making a tabbed browser for webOS 3.0 would be pretty easy if so.
    Well there's a tabbed browser for 1.x so I can only imagine it can be done in enyo.

    Complete Browser is the only tabbed browser currently.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17. #37  
    I would love tabs but i can do with cards. Adding tabs would make it comparable to your desktop browsing. I often have a couple browser windows open with each browser window having between 3-25 tabs open. that would get pretty messy with cards even if they were grouped especially if you need to switch between them frequently to compare items.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions