Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ahh.. thats the stuff. Give me that sticky tabbed goodness HP.
    Maybe there will be a enyo version of the universe app for the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I figure that tabs would in fact be a desirable feature on a big screen like the touchpad's - arguing that cards make tabs ENTIRELY pointless is like saying windows make them pointless.

On a phone screen, I feel that cards are really superior to tabs. But a screen that's large enough to handle them changes that in my opinion.

I want Open New Cards In Background as a patch on 2.1. Now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    i wanna play with one and then ill get back to you
    I don't feel like I need tabs, but I would like an indicator to show me where I am on the webpage. (This is a bigger need for smaller screen devices like the Pre 3.)
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Am I completely wrong, I thought the touchpad had tabs....

but yes on the bigger screen tabs are necessary I think, no the phone, not so much
    Quote Originally Posted by kevr1990 View Post

No idea why Apple and HP built tablet browsers without tabs.
    Well, they probably didn't think it was that big of a deal. Of course the difference between Apple and HP here is that a 3rd party dev could just make a new browser, with tabs, and release it in the catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Well, they probably didn't think it was that big of a deal. Of course the difference between Apple and HP here is that a 3rd party dev could just make a new browser, with tabs, and release it in the catalog.
    I think every third party iOS browser has tabbed browsing.

Do you know if the webOS SDK exposes the WebKit framework to developers? Making a tabbed browser for webOS 3.0 would be pretty easy if so.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    That would depend heavily on your definition of "tab". I actually have two 3rd party browsers and if I had to describe them I'd use the word "card" before I'd use "tab".
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    That would depend heavily on your definition of "tab". I actually have two 3rd party browsers and if I had to describe them I'd use the word "card" before I'd use "tab".
    Which ones do you use? I use iCab and Perfect Browser a lot and both are as tabby as it gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    I don't feel like I need tabs, but I would like an indicator to show me where I am on the webpage. (This is a bigger need for smaller screen devices like the Pre 3.)
    Currently using a patch to get this on my pre.

I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Im one for the tabs as well but stack all browsers together then using gesture wont kill either.
    Which ones do you use? I use iCab and Perfect Browser a lot and both are as tabby as it gets.
    Opera Mini and Sleipnir
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    In fact, this gets me thinking why can't TouchPad zooms out further ?

Instead of showing 1 main app and 2 more on the left and right when you are in card view, why not offering an option of showing more cards (like S, M, L choices they have as their slogan or for keyboard ) considering its bigger screen and not interesting to see a lot of wallpapers ?

Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Currently using a patch to get this on my pre.

Which one please? I will install it right now.

Thanks.

Edit: Found it. Perfect. Once again Homebrew does what Palm doesn't.
    Last edited by Bullroarer Took; 06/23/2011 at 05:09 PM.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    Which one please? I will install it right now.

Thanks.

Edit: Found it. Perfect. Once again Homebrew does what Palm doesn't.
    Cool glad you found it, been using it happily for a while.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Do you know if the webOS SDK exposes the WebKit framework to developers? Making a tabbed browser for webOS 3.0 would be pretty easy if so.
    Well there's a tabbed browser for 1.x so I can only imagine it can be done in enyo.

Complete Browser is the only tabbed browser currently.

I would love tabs but i can do with cards. Adding tabs would make it comparable to your desktop browsing. I often have a couple browser windows open with each browser window having between 3-25 tabs open. that would get pretty messy with cards even if they were grouped especially if you need to switch between them frequently to compare items.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12