Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From last night's event it appears:

"IOS5 copied you guys!"

I like how he quickly got rid of the messaging app that was taking too long to load.
  3.    #3  
    LOL.. I was thinking the same thing when he did that.
    I was @ Digital Experience in NYC and HP was there showing off the TouchPad, Pre 3, and the Veer. I got to play around with the TouchPad , Pre 3, and TouchStone. It's a great device for webOS lovers. It was fast, and felt good in the hand. I went into more detail with video on my site.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Camera guy was quite geeked about the Touchpad, lol.

I hope they got a log of why that messaging app took long to load, lol. Maybe it was busy downloading email in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    From last night's event it appears:

The cameraman could barely speaks when trying to compare it with his iPad 2. Sounded like genuine excitement.

But it was not fair to compare webOS to a bootleg OS like the one on the Playbook...
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    link to video?
    *Genuin Geek Reaction
    Its almost as bad as Jon's video here
    YouTube - ‪Nerdiest Reaction Video Ever!‬‏

Thanks for the video!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    The cameraman was me, lol. Little glitch with tap to share. I was told the Veer would also be getting this feature not just the Pre 3. The TouchPad is very fast, feels good in the hand. It has a gorgeous screen. webOS looks AMAZING on a large screen. It did not disappoint.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Nice!
    What really popped out to you the first time that you used it? Was there any part of it that was underwhelming or overwhelming?
    - John Wayne
    NYC:TouchPad at Pepcom event. Video

Last night there was a HP TouchPad event organized by Pepcom.

The guy who made the video, posted it on his blog. Here what he wrote about his experience:

I attended the Digital Experience last night in NYC and it was all about tablets. I got a great demo from HP of the upcoming HP TouchPad. I also got to spend some hands-on time with the world's first webOS tablet. It's very sleek, feels great in the hand, and it's very fast. webOS looks and works great on the big screen. After picking up the TouchPad there was no learning curve like I've experienced from many Honeycomb tablets.

Card View on the TouchPad is amazing, the larger screen REALLY makes it shine! webOS still has the best multitasking feature on any mobile OS. If you love Card View on a webOS smartphone you will be in love with it on the TouchPad. Kindle for webOS looked stunning. The TouchPad on TouchStone looked and worked incredibly well. Exhibition Mode looks and works extremely well. I mentioned ( I mentioned my idea of a TouchStone in every box .) Many people agreed that it would be a great way to have the full experience as the first experience. Tap To Share will make you want a Pre 3. I was told support for the Veer will be coming.

I'm really hoping HP gets the message across that this isn't another "me too" tablet. It's an outstanding tablet running one of, if not the best and most intuitive tablet OS'. Touch it, you'll be glad ya did!

Source: Gadgets on the Go: I Touched the TouchPad and so should you
    posted already by the writer himself, thanks

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ast-night.html
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    haha good job man~! nice enthusiasm -=)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    What stuck out for me was how fast it is, and the screen looks beautiful, it didn't feel cheap. webOS Card View seals the deal, if you love Card View from webOS smartphones you're going to love it on the TouchPad.

I was expecting it to be thicker and heavier, it's wasn't. I want one!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Cool. I take it the link was in his signature? I turned off signatures and I wouldn't see it if I was browsing mobile either.
    its good to see that it looks a lot snappier than in previous videos. quite impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    What stuck out for me was how fast it is, and the screen looks beautiful, it didn't feel cheap. webOS Card View seals the deal, if you love Card View from webOS smartphones you're going to love it on the TouchPad.

I was expecting it to be thicker and heavier, it's wasn't. I want one!!!
    Please stop! Your making my mouth water!!!! Mercy please!!! jk...
    - John Wayne
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Cool. I take it the link was in his signature? I turned off signatures and I wouldn't see it if I was browsing mobile either.
    no, it isn't. I googled his name to find it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast