Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I expected the speed to increase substantially, especially once they turn off the debugging and logging they have obviously been running until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    I have both of the videos here. Only the touch to share is shown in your thread. This one shows off the os more closely.
    Sorry I think the longer video might be in this one, its getting confusing around here since there are multiple threads on the same event:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...a-tonight.html
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Why does this guy sound so weird?
    The TouchPad does look really great, but I agree....the guy sounds like Ray Romano.
    Let's keep all the versions in one thread.

<<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but that looked LIGHTNING fast to me...

WAY better/faster than previous demos we've seen. They're definitely utilizing every single day they have to optimize the thing. Either that, or they OC'd the hell out of that one. :P.
    Without a doubt, it was the most blazing fast demo posted yet! That thing was cranking.. Can't remember when I've been so psyched about a purchase! Mine's arriving 7/8-7/11! The best part is that I have a new phone to look forward to a few months later! (I'm one of the optimistic Sprint grovellers)
    Is the home/center button touch-sensitive or is it an actual button?
    Looking sweet

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Is the home/center button touch-sensitive or is it an actual button?
    It's an actual physical button. Seems quite obsolete since they added the up swipe gesture though.
    That thing looked really fast and smooth. Good to see some optimization of the OS/HW integration. Well done HP.

p.s.
    now if Sprint would do their part and carry a new WebOS phone, many of us would be throwing money at them!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by markdwaterman View Post
    It's an actual physical button. Seems quite obsolete since they added the up swipe gesture though.
    Thanks for the info!

I actually prefer a physical button. I can't tell you how many times I press the "search" or "home" touch buttons on the HTC EVO; it's maddening!
    ^^^
    They don't have to, it's $66 at Amazon. But good point, it should be part of a bundle deal.
    the video is no longer available
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Holy crap that wepage loaded fast from the Pre3.
    Actually, that webpage was already loaded in card view before he used the Pre3 Touch-to-Share. Kungfu Panda card is seen on the TouchPad at 0:03 secs of the video.

I'm not sure what he was trying to do with the Touch-to-Share other than to show it works. There was also a text message sitting on the Pre3 (notification banner on the Pre3 seen waiting) and then after he uses the Touch-to-Share the text message appears on the top right corner of the TouchPad (comes across as a quick banner type of display and scrolls back in). However, you don't need Touch-to-Share to get text messages on the TPad so he might just be trying to show off the TTShare technology or maybe he's trying to initially sync the two devices?

Either way, the speed and smoothness of the Tpad was very nice to see.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Wow. I love how much snappier it is now. This is going to blow my Android/iOS friends out of the water...
    'oh yeah? Can your tablet do....THIS?!'
    Damn. It's looking so good, I think I could convince my dad to even get one....and he just uses Windows XP.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    the video is no longer available

The speed! The speed! The speed of that thing!
    I have a feeling lag will become a forgotten word in webOS.
    Did I mention the speed?!

LOL...sorry, couldn't help that one.
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    I noticed one thing in the video link I posted above that I'm very excited about: VPN! There is a VPN app in that line up!
    NNJ
    Anyone tried PDK apps on the Touchpad running webOS 3.1????

Curious how all of our older PDK Apps will run on the larger screens and not reliant on the Gesture area that cripples Mojo apps in emulation. Thanks, Sorli...
    looks fast responsive ready for launch.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123