Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engadget posted a story about this hp-announces-pivot-for-touchpad-the-curated-magazine-like-way

What bothers me is the quote ", whose App Catalog for the webOS 3.0 TouchPad officially launches on July 1st and will be, the company admits, a little spartan at first."

When did HP ever admit that the app catalog was going to be "Spartan"?
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    as of now doing a search through the appcatalog using google , brings 450apps that are compatible with the TP and that includes mojo apps in emulation windows. So I think we will be very dissapointed with the amount of apps.
    HMMMM aren't all previous apps compatible with the TP? Maybe google doesn't know everything, I mean I know it's on the internet so it has to be true, buttttt........
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Wasn't there a discussion where the HP web banners show a Facebook app?
    I was alluding to that and a story I read on another site that said an iPad facebook was "under development" but didn't have a release date.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    HMMMM aren't all previous apps compatible with the TP? Maybe google doesn't know everything, I mean I know it's on the internet so it has to be true, buttttt........
    Google only works if HP has published those pages onto the web and hasn't set up a system to block the spiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Google only works if HP has published those pages onto the web and hasn't set up a system to block the spiders.
    I know, just was funny to me since 450 is well below the current app count and he said that included mojo apps. So clearly in this case google is not a definitive resource for this information.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    another article about Pivot. The most newsworthy point about the artcle is that is published by thevarguy.com--shows the breadth of HP reaching out to its ecosystem.

Doesn't seem to be any new information but a nice concise summary.

Can HP's Pivot Point webOS Adoption in the Right Direction? | The VAR Guy
    I hate to say this is a brilliant idea. The WebOS app magazine. Hopefully there will be a big portion dedicated to much smaller devs as well as the big ones.
    Please forgive my ignorance of the proper forum protocol. I am hoping this is the right place to pose this question. I have had my Touchpad for less than a week, and am slightly confused. When I open the App Catalog I see what appears to be an HP Magazine called Pivot. I see no way to open it however. On screen shots above, there appears to be a button on the right to flip pages, this issue just seems to be a cover promoting a "Sports Issue". Am I overlooking something obvious? I can browse and purchase apps without trouble, but this Pivot thing has me stymied.

Thanks!
    Dal
    They replaced the september issue of Pivot with this "preview" of the sports issue 2 weeks ago. Typically it will showcase apps and have articles about apps. No one knows what is going on with the current issue.
    Brian
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    They replaced the september issue of Pivot with this "preview" of the sports issue 2 weeks ago. Typically it will showcase apps and have articles about apps. No one knows what is going on with the current issue.
    In light of the update to 3.0.4, I am assuming there was content specific to 3.0.4, so it was delayed until the update could be released. In which case it should only be a day or two until the new issue appears.
    I too can't see anything on mine. I don't know how to view the pages. What if someone wants to see previous ones? I have a 32 updated to the latest 3.0.4 fyi.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12