1.    #1  
    earliest date to ship online is July 3rd with overnight priority express shipping (cost an additional $46 to my area).

accessories ship separately

edit: whoops, ordering online is only for SMB, home and office still can't order online
    http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/webo.../touchpad.html
    Great! Its interesting that they have 2 different buttons for pre ordering and business.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I would not worry about the SB stuff. It is just a filter. You do consulting from home dont you? You do have a business address where you work? They want sales.

If you have an issue, pm and I will give you a contact.
  4.    #4  
    Waiting to see if HP SMB can offer arrival for July 1st or Sat delivery for July 2, if HP corporate makes this change, it will show they are on the ball. If you have a contact there, please suggest.
    I've spoken with the HP rep who took my order and she confirmed, again, that the shipping date is 7/1 and overnight delivery does not include Saturday delivery.
    My rep also said though under discussion [around the water cooler?] no overnight 'yet'.
    Seems amazing that they are not even offering an option of overnight/Saturday, especially at full list for everything [which most will come a week + later.

Of course the 'hope' could be that they really plan on getting our early orders -8:45 am EDT Sunday - to us on opening day.
    But the real problem is, if I go into HP to track my order, it shows ETA of July 7th.
    So much for overnight shipping promise. Will be calling in.
    No, they are overnighting it, just not with the Saturday delivery. FWIW, my order shows a ship date of July 2nd and delivery of July 3rd -which is totally out of whack, as confirmed by the HP rep.

She said these dates are just placeholders, and they'll be update either late Thursday or early Friday. What I'm doing is, as soon as a tracking# is available, I'll call Fedex to have the package held a the local Fedex/Kinkos store, to avoid any issues of the Fedex truck missing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    No, they are overnighting it, just not with the Saturday delivery. FWIW, my order shows a ship date of July 2nd and delivery of July 3rd -which is totally out of whack, as confirmed by the HP rep.

She said these dates are just placeholders, and they'll be update either late Thursday or early Friday. What I'm doing is, as soon as a tracking# is available, I'll call Fedex to have the package held a the local Fedex/Kinkos store, to avoid any issues of the Fedex truck missing me.
    Carioca_FL, your post has given me a GREAT idea. If HP is shipping our TP's out from Indianapolis IN on July 1st and paying for overnight delivery, but not paying for Saturday delivery, then logic would say the packages will be at our local fed-ex hubs early Saturday morning but end up sitting there until Tuesday Morning July 5th when they get put on the trucks to go out for delivery.

Here's my idea. Saturday morning July 2nd, very early in the morning, immediately after verifying the arrival of our TP's at the local fed-ex hub via online tracking, those of us wishing to get ahold of our TP's that same day instead of waiting until Tuesday July 5th, make the call to Fed-Ex and ask for the package to be held at that local hub adding that we'd like to pick it up there in a few hours.

Since most Fed-Ex hubs are staffed by some employees at least half a day on Saturday, we should be able to head down to the local fed-ex hub around 10 or 11 am Saturday morning July 2nd and pick our baby's up!

Anyone want to call fed ex to ask them about customer package pick up availibility at their local hubs on Saturday mornings please do so and post back here.

I hope I am right about this. If not, I promise to delete this post.

TTB

P.S. Not that it matters much, but right now, somewhere in Indianapolis there's a wherehouse chock full of HP Touchpad's ready to get shipped out on July 1st!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Hmmm, I actually quite like this idea, but how do we (you) know about the Indiana hub? Is this know as Fedex's hub (similar to how UPS has theirs in TN?).

I think that we should call Fedex immediately after we know the tracking# and verify its estimated delivery date. If it's anywhere within the 1st and 2nd of July, we'll ask for the package to be held; otherwise (at least in my case), I'll just let the package be delivered here at work on the 5th.
    I've tried this sort of thing with both FedEx and UPS. Both my local depots insist that at least one delivery attempt MUST be made before they are willing to hold something for pick up. I think that issue is that they get SO many items in each day for delivery that it's impossible for them to sort through them to pull out a single item. Most of the sorting is automated and people just rapidly put the packages onto the delivery vehicles. At the end of the day the vast majority of the packages have been delivered so there's very little left on the trucks to have to sort through manually. ...of course, your depot may differ in how they handle things. My depot sorts for the entire state and parts of neighboring states.
    That's strange (at least for Fedex), as I constantly contact them, while packages are en route, to have them held/delivered at Fedex/Kinkos and they never had any issues accomodating my request.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Hmmm, I actually quite like this idea, but how do we (you) know about the Indiana hub? Is this know as Fedex's hub (similar to how UPS has theirs in TN?).

I think that we should call Fedex immediately after we know the tracking# and verify its estimated delivery date. If it's anywhere within the 1st and 2nd of July, we'll ask for the package to be held; otherwise (at least in my case), I'll just let the package be delivered here at work on the 5th.
    Nothing about indiana hub, I'm speaking about the location where HP stores their inventory for shipment. I buy a lot of HP stuff and most of it originates in Indianapolis IN. If you look closely at your order details on HP's website, you'll see the location where the hardware is bieng shipped from, and every line item except the warranties is listed "IN". Warranties originate in "CA' California of course.

EDIT: My order status has changed today. They separated the actual Touchpad and warranty from the accessories.

TP shipping from wherehouse in IN, Warranty from CA,
    Child order for the accessories all of them shipping from NE (Nebraska)
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 06/24/2011 at 03:29 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.