Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Very curved, very glossy."

All this time, I thought the TP was going to look square, flat and angular around the edges: I love how it's going to be rounded like a giant, um, river stone, or something. I personally don't like the feel of the other tablets I have held, I guess because of my "pebble bias".
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    While I agree that a tablet is primarily a web browser and email device, it also has to entertain and be productive. So games, social media, and lifestyle aids are important apps for a tablet to have. Starting out with a great photo viewer, citrix access, an eBook reader, and even messaging is a big chunk of what the TouchPad needs.
    Last edited by BMIC50; 06/23/2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Compairing the playbooks "cards" to WebOS in any form on any device is an insult- go find a playbook and navigate its cards- close the cards etc- its more clunky - non responsive and just worse than my Pre- you can tell much like iOS and Androids multitaskers its tacked on and a 2nd thought- with WebOS its natural and part of the OS and works well.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    honestly apps for tablets can be much more important... but they have to go way beyong just a stream lined web exp. if ure just going to make a magazine app and ure big draw is showing the page turn, of course its value is ery limited.
    but if u can personalize the experience in such a way to make it unique to the user, display fluid content, then u can create lots and lots more value than in smart phones.

right now smartphone apps are a need because their brower sux and its just cumbersome to interact with a full website with the tiny screen.

tablets fix the small screen issue and interaction (to a degree of how much compatibility exists with tablet browser) so tablets dont exactly need apps now... however going forward tablets allow for more processing power in general and more unique expiriences.

one quick idea i can come up with is a fandango app on the touchpad... check out ure movie decide u want to see it. it searches for theaters and times around u. u choose where and when, pay, and when ure ready to leave u can touch to share ure ticket stub to ure pre3.
    of course this can be done via email as well, but with TTS it will be a more seamless exp.

If webos take off, the ecosystem story will grow exponentially.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Starting out with a great photo viewer, citric access, an eBook reader, and even messaging is a big chunk of what the TouchPad needs.
    Wait, this thing now can access my backyard's orange tree? Is there anything the TouchPad can't do?

Take that, Cupertino Fruit Co.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Wait, this thing now can access my backyard's orange tree? Is there anything the TouchPad can't do?

Take that, Cupertino Fruit Co.!
    Well, technically orange is 'citrus', but good catch. I was typing on my friend's iPad to get a feel for what I will be using (form-factor wise) next week (hopefully).
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Eh.
    Quite honestly, the single most important app a Tablet needs to have is a VERY good web browser. That is the cornerstone of why the tablet exists, imo.

Let's be frank, the majority of us will be using a TouchPad the majority of the time in the browser app.

Luckily, it does seem that the Touchpad has a great browser.
    browser, then email, facebook, multimedia player, ebook reader are probably what most people will use followed by a handful of games.
    Well, technically orange is 'citrus', but good catch. I was typing on my friend's iPad to get a feel for what I will be using (form-factor wise) next week (hopefully).
    I know man, just messing with you!
    And even more interestingly (and more OT), Citrix originally went by the name Citrus, but found it was already registered.
    Damn... looking at the walmart demo kind of put me off to the touchpad... it just looks slow and laggy. It's not very smooth

pity, I love WebOS...
    Quote Originally Posted by maduhbee View Post
    Damn... looking at the walmart demo kind of put me off to the touchpad... it just looks slow and laggy. It's not very smooth

pity, I love WebOS...
    You obviously didn't see the other video posted this morning from Pepcom, because that thing was Cruising!!
    Quote Originally Posted by noelb View Post
    You obviously didn't see the other video posted this morning from Pepcom, because that thing was Cruising!!
    I haven't seen it yet because the video was removed by the user apparently.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    from wat i noticed, if internet connection is slow or none the tp gets slow too....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maduhbee View Post

pity, I love WebOS...
    huh? he was runnin apps that require network access w/o network access...
    i'm concerned about the Cnet review. Does anybody else see the first real mainstream review as not what we were hoping for? I hope this doesn't start a trend.
    well, that really looks not good, does it have to be this plastic-glossy looking?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i'm concerned about the Cnet review. Does anybody else see the first real mainstream review as not what we were hoping for? I hope this doesn't start a trend.
    Wha!!! How can you in all good sense call that a review? It was a fake mini sort of but not really preview. Did you read the thread where Jimmy actually had his hands on it and played with it? If not you should. The person for CNET mentioned something about not a lot of apps like Ipad, duh Captain Obvious and some other gibberish about being a mix between the Playbook and Pre. Finding nothing substantive about the Touchpad in the article one would be inclined to think that the writer looked at it and made a comment. But somehow you're worried? Cmon guy. Let's get real.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    well, that really looks not good, does it have to be this plastic-glossy looking?
    Who are you people? Um, yeah it's glossy and plastic. And what else were you expecting especially since we all knew that it would be plastic and that it was glossy based on the Think Beyond event in Feb. If you don't like the look don't get it. Geez.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Who are you people? Um, yeah it's glossy and plastic. And what else were you expecting especially since we all knew that it would be plastic and that it was glossy based on the Think Beyond event in Feb. If you don't like the look don't get it. Geez.
    im not getting one, I'm just saying it doesn't look attractive from that angle. It has nothing to do with if I would buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    im not getting one, I'm just saying it doesn't look attractive from that angle. It has nothing to do with if I would buy it.
    Fair enough.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast