Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Hem
    Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but Amazon UK have just put up for pre-order.

16GB - 425.27
    32GB - 499.66

Both more expensive than direct from HP but Amazon are saying produc availability is 15 July. I guess I'm waiting longer than anticipated
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I ordered directly from HP and they say that i will get it on the 19th of July.
    Don't know if it will come sooner or if this is just because they've got to many orders but that is definately after mid July and not only a couple of days after the US launch.

But screw it i will wait for mine

Edit: Forgot to mention i am from germany and ordered from the german HP store
    Quote Originally Posted by Hem View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but Amazon UK have just put up for pre-order.

16GB - 425.27
    32GB - 499.66

Both more expensive than direct from HP but Amazon are saying produc availability is 15 July. I guess I'm waiting longer than anticipated
    I'm in the UK too and ordered direct from HP - the HP 'Track my Order' function says that the estimated time of arrival is 05/07. The Touchpad and it's cover look like they are on schedule, the charging dock is on backorder though.

I wonder if the higher prices are an indication of the post launch pricing strategy?
  4. Hem
    Well it looks like we're all wrong. In the announcement for HP Pivot, HP state release date for 2nd July

HP Announces webOS Pivot for HP TouchPad | Business Wire

HP TouchPad availability

The Wi-Fi version of HP TouchPad(1) will be available in stores and online in the United States on July 1 with the option of either 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage(2) for $499.99 and $599.99, respectively.(3)

HP TouchPad will be available in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France and Germany on July 2 and in Canada on July 15, with availability scheduled to follow later this year in Australia, Hong Kong, Italy, New Zealand, Singapore and Spain.
    Have you got a link for that? I can't find it when searching the amazon website
  6. Hem
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    Have you got a link for that? I can't find it when searching the amazon website
    16GB

HP 9.7 inch 16GB TouchPad - Glossy Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

32GB

HP 9.7 inch 32GB TouchPad - Glossy Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    Cheers.

Though interesting to see Amazon thinks it runs windows 7
  8. Hem
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    Cheers.

Though interesting to see Amazon thinks it runs windows 7
    Didn't see that. Would've been nicer to see a pricing error instead like they did on the Veer
    Still no Touchstone
    Why would you preorder from amazon when they are 26 dearer than HP UK direct for the 16GB? It is also available for preorder through carphonewarehouse online HP TouchPad - The Carphone Warehouse you can choose home delivery or delivery to store. I spoke to an HP rep in currys last night and he said he would be available from there aswell. So what size is everyone going for the 16 or 32GB?
  11. Hem
    Quote Originally Posted by PreUK View Post
    Why would you preorder from amazon when they are 26 dearer than HP UK direct for the 16GB? It is also available for preorder through carphonewarehouse online HP TouchPad - The Carphone Warehouse you can choose home delivery or delivery to store. I spoke to an HP rep in currys last night and he said he would be available from there aswell. So what size is everyone going for the 16 or 32GB?
    16GB for me. Hoping that CostCo will have this pretty early days as they are normally cheap on electronics but if not I've got a 5% discount for HP that I'll be using
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    They have a lot of accessories already as well!
    I'm happy to see I can order from amazon uk to ship it to NL. Not sure whether HP site would allow that. So this is a possible shop to buy from for me.
    I'm waiting to get my hands on one before buying one, just to get a feel. Good to hear Currys will have it. I was hoping the main brick shops would get it; PC World, Comet, Currys, etc. It's my birthday late July so might have to ask nicely :P
    Looks like Amazon have brought their down to be in line with HP and carphone warehouse which is a good sign though think I'm still more tempted to try one in store before I buy.

Edit: Looks like they're also up on Dixons and Currys for preorder.
    Last edited by whodo_voodoo; 06/24/2011 at 05:27 AM.
    I note on the HP UK web site that my Touchpad still has an ETA of 5th July but its status is now backordered - I ordered that case and the device together...I wonder if one of the items is back order and the other isn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicblue View Post
    I note on the HP UK web site that my Touchpad still has an ETA of 5th July but its status is now backordered - I ordered that case and the device together...I wonder if one of the items is back order and the other isn't?
    I only have the Touchpad ordered and it also has an ETA of the 5th but backordered.
    Thanks, that's good to know - the backorder is most probably because the free stock balance is zero - pending arrival or release of stock to inventory. HP seem confident of the delivery date.
    When did you guys order? It says new order and ETA 5th July on mine.
    Tuesday 21st
    Quote Originally Posted by wongwc3 View Post
    When did you guys order? It says new order and ETA 5th July on mine.
    I ordered mine on Sunday around 9pm.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast