Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    nice to know there is a fellow webOS fan in Glasgow! I thought it was just me :-P got my touchpad last friday aswell, not put it down. As you say one or two little problems but these should be ironed out soon enough!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    So annoying!

I went into PCWorld, at 19:50 told them I wanted to buy one. But they couldn't find the keys to the cage.

And then they shut.
    I had this happen too, I questioned th HP store who told me that payment is taken either on dispatch or 6 days from the date order is placed (no matter how long it takes to dispatch order). This certainly does seem 'underhand' to say the least!
    I'm completely new to web Os and the wonderful world of TP, but I too find it difficult to put down!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Glasgow is being over run by Webos, I picked mine up from pc world on Friday and Amazon are delivering my touchstone and case tomorrow. Its been great so far and having struggled to put it down I cant believe some of the early reviews.

The only thing that I am struggling with now is the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by sb101997 View Post
    Glasgow is being over run by Webos, I picked mine up from pc world on Friday and Amazon are delivering my touchstone and case tomorrow. Its been great so far and having struggled to put it down I cant believe some of the early reviews.

The only thing that I am struggling with now is the movies.
    My touchstone isnt coming until the 22nd july from amazon :-( went into the carphonewarehouse and they didnt have any either. They were also charging the full 69 pounds! Good to see some webOS users in Glasgow,if we get many more a meetup should definitely be arranged!

Not attempt movie on the touchpad yet. Will be experimenting soon as need movies for my trip to vegas in September. Looking forward to the HP moviestore aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreUK View Post
    My touchstone isnt coming until the 22nd july from amazon :-( went into the carphonewarehouse and they didnt have any either. They were also charging the full 69 pounds! Good to see some webOS users in Glasgow,if we get many more a meetup should definitely be arranged!

Not attempt movie on the touchpad yet. Will be experimenting soon as need movies for my trip to vegas in September. Looking forward to the HP moviestore aswell.
    I went to carphone warehouse in Buchanan street,they had some in stock but when i asked to demo one ,they stonewalled me so i left
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    well i bought mine on launch day from CPW and yea it is pretty! love the glossy finish and for me the weight is perfect. as many have found out there are some serious bugs that need immediate fixes but thats been promised by end of july.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maracuja View Post
    I went to carphone warehouse in Buchanan street,they had some in stock but when i asked to demo one ,they stonewalled me so i left
    That's annoying, was going to look in there tomorrow and give it a try. Was it the store in Buchanan Galleries itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee McKillop View Post
    I'm completely new to web Os and the wonderful world of TP, but I too find it difficult to put down!
    Welcome, Dee! Stick around.
    well i've been very lucky, my girlfriend bought me a touchpad with touchstone for my birthday!! Fantastic piece of kit, very happy with it and looking forward to the updates
    HP TouchPad 9.7 inch Tablet PC (16GB, Glossy Black): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Amazon UK

Touchpad 16Gb - 398.98 saving 1.01
    Touchpad 32Gb - 443.06 saving 36.93
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    HP TouchPad 9.7 inch Tablet PC (16GB, Glossy Black): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Amazon UK

Oh gosh, look at the "huge" savings on the 16GB model.
    I just had my first play of the touchpad in a local PC World, and am a little undecided.

I thought it was a little bit heavy. There was an ipad next to it, that was noticeably lighter although in fairness the touchpad had a massive clunky security device attached to the back of it while the ipad had a tiny security device not much bigger than a watch battery attached to it

It does seem a bit of a fingerprint magnet, and what an odd choice to put paper-boy on it. I kept tilting the device to move the paper-boy but alas you have to manually control it. It was a nice nostalgia trip back to my days on the Amiga

The have some sort of instalment plan for it there, put down 10% and pay the rest over two years. It seems a bit long, and they wouldn't do it for shorter. At 19% APR I might as well just buy it straight out

I'll probably get it, but I think I will wait a few months to see how it all pans out. Once the Pre3 hits the market that will probably speed up the decision for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post

Amazon UK

Wow, that was quick. It's back to full price now (479). That mighty fine deal on the 16Gb is still extant though.
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    That's annoying, was going to look in there tomorrow and give it a try. Was it the store in Buchanan Galleries itself?
    the store in Buchanan street not in galleries and i think that it was the only one which had them
    Popped into 'Black' in Birmingham at lunchtime (Black is the new premier Currys outlet). They had a TP on display upstairs (although not in the main bit downstairs where they usually promote new tech).

I have to say, it worked pretty well. Smooth and fast, I thought it looked good too. Gave the Black staff member a brief intro to it because he obviously didn't know much, and was then predictably shown the Asus Transformer by him. On the TP I had we7 open streaming Green Day through the speakers, went on to the Asus and the browser had crashed completely and was unresponsive. One up for webOS! Also had iPlayer showing The Apprentice on the TP, various BBC websites up, and I saw that it wanted to pair with my Pre2. Angry Birds was installed and playable too (although sadly the up-swipe doesn't work with that, presumably a PDK-related restriction).

All-in-all a good experience. Only negative is the staff's lack of knowledge and the slightly unremarkable location of the device, squirreled away with all the nondescript Android tablets. But I have to say, webOS3 was SO much nicer an experience than Honeycomb - I don't see what the fuss is about with Android to be honest.
    So iplayer does work - thats sealed it for me - Amazon here I come!
    the iplayer works, although its not exactly smooth. I'm not sure if it will be improved with future updates
    I got mine from Argos. Loving it !

I did get an email from Palm congratulating me on my new Webos pre hmmmmm...
    :-)
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast