Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    i see, they might not have updated mine then, i ordered on the 22nd
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicblue View Post
    I'm in the UK too and ordered direct from HP - the HP 'Track my Order' function says that the estimated time of arrival is 05/07. The Touchpad and it's cover look like they are on schedule, the charging dock is on backorder though.

I wonder if the higher prices are an indication of the post launch pricing strategy?
    Just checked this morning - the Touchpad and it's cover are still scheduled for delivery on the 5th, the Touchstone charging dock has the 11th of July against it. Curiously though it has a 'Payment Open' tag against each order - I wonder what that means.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Any news on when the 3G version will be launched in the UK?
    My case arrived last week (I've posted some comments about it here: LINK)

The touchpad order is down with an ETA of July 5th, back order, payment open. But then again so is the case order (which had a 24th June ETA, and came on that day). My credit card still hasn't been charged for the case though...
    Buying direct from HP seems to be 478.99, a whole 1 cheaper than the rest. Also wondering if normal retailers will get their shipments later as the date seems to be a pretty standard 15th July on Amazon/Curry's/Dixons/etc.

Another note, maybe can't get cash back on the Touchpad, Quidco: INCREASED RATE EXPIRES IN 5 DAYS
    8% for business and consumer sales (including VAT) - excludes TouchPads
    (Although this is an increased rate, so maybe back when normal rate?)
    I would like to know why there hasn't been a launch date confirmed by hp? A "few days" after the US launch isn't specific enough. I still haven't preordered yet as I want to know where the quickest way to get one is. If stores are launching on the same day as the hp website I'd rather go to a store. Hopefully we will find out more soon
    Quote Originally Posted by PreUK View Post
    I would like to know why there hasn't been a launch date confirmed by hp? A "few days" after the US launch isn't specific enough. I still haven't preordered yet as I want to know where the quickest way to get one is. If stores are launching on the same day as the hp website I'd rather go to a store. Hopefully we will find out more soon
    I think, certainly for those of us who have pre-ordered there is a launch date - of 1st July, with shipments starting on the 4th here in UK - some of us have an ETA of Tuesday 5th with accessories like the Touchstone dock and international charger following a few days later.

If you look at the on-line retailers web sites like Amazon or Currys then the 15th seems to be the common date. I'm not sure why that is - but suspect that their re-seller channel are given preference but won't get the same profit margin as the big stores do.

I'm not totally up on HP UK's supply chain these days but the last time I looked they were using a third party logistic provider (3PL) for physical storage and distribution activities who tend to be highly geared to meeting committed delivery dates.
    Has anyone else in the UK noticed that the delivery date for their pre-ordered kit has slipped? Mine is now Wednesday 6th....
    Mine too. Hell I have to wait one more day. If it hots the retail early I am going to cancel my order with HP.
  10. Hem
    Quote Originally Posted by Hem View Post

I've just spoken to HP Customer services and queried as to why the ETA data is slipping - quoting Hem's HP Press Release; the HP chap very kindly called the warehouse (which is Ingram Micro) and asked for an update. The answer was "we don't really know when they will come in other than it will be next month and the HP Store orders will be shipped 1 or 2 business days after that".

I rather suspect that those of us who have pre-ordered from HP won't see our devices any earlier than the retailers because Ingram Micro won't have the inventory to ship. I reckon that date of the 15th is based on real hard evidence product launch data.

On that basis I've cancelled the order (s) and I will get one after the 15th from a local store. Disappointed but wise enough to know this is what happens when Product Marketing are disconnected from the distribution channels.
    Will cancel if it does not turn up by 14th as I might pick up from local store
    Quote Originally Posted by kchan283 View Post
    Will cancel if it does not turn up by 14th as I might pick up from local store
    You might want to do it quicker than that, HP have just sent a series of emails to say that the refund to my credit card could take up to 8 days to process....
    Thanks for the info. Will keep that in mind. Though it wont bother me as long as I get the money back I suppose.
    Mine is listed as 6/7/11 now on the HP website. As kchan283 says I will also be cancelling my order from HP if it slips close to 15/7-11. Will just buy at currys or another store.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Hmpf. I got my credit card bill in today and I see I've been billed from date of pre-order for my as yet undelivered Touchpad. I thought that kind of practice went out some time ago....

Andrew
    Why we have to wait for every webos product in uk. I can understand when they were palm.HP should do better.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Hmpf. I got my credit card bill in today and I see I've been billed from date of pre-order for my as yet undelivered Touchpad. I thought that kind of practice went out some time ago....

Andrew
    I suspect its because HP 'pre-authorised' your card and that lasts for a finite number of days - once it expires they bill you - a bit naughty. Given that HP Store orders are going to have to wait until the high-street shops get them - sometime after the 15th - perhaps do as I did and cancel and HP will refund?

I think that's fair because we were led to believe at the time of order that HP Store orders would be shipped 2 business days after the 4th - not wait what will probably be the thick end of three more weeks.

I note now that Amazon UK are saying dispatch on the 20th - same price as HP - but the case and Touchstone stand are significantly cheaper.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    when are they going to have demo unit in the UK i want to play with one first.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Anyone else get an email overnight from HP saying, "We regret that your order is not yet ready for shipment to you."?

Doesn't seemed to have actually changed the ETA on the order site, which still says 6th July.

Regards,

Andrew
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast