Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    HP called me yesterday at 1:39 pm. A sales rep whos name i will not disclose, tried to sell me a TouchPad. He said i could preorder it and he would pay for FREE overnight shipping so i can have the TP on july 1st launch. I thought that was actually really nice, preordering to guarantee i get one and save me a trip with overnight shipping.

I decline his offer, i told him there was no point in getting a wifi TP when i could not get a pre3 on sprint. He said they are working with sprint and other carriers to launch the pre3, aswell as a sprint cdma 3g enabled TP, instead of ATT. He said he couldnt release that information either but they are working with other carriers.

so i know all the skeptics that go on, but its just a little more hope to keep me on sprint, especially since VZ got tiered. maybe the august fone in real, i forgot to ask. He said if he gets any info on pre3 for sprint or sprint tp he would give me another call.
    A lot of people here would kill for July 1st delivery.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I got July 1st delivery. Delivered either by Walmart at midnight or Best Buy at 10am.

Interesting info. If that is legit info, he may have shared too much, but if it is, I'm okay with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by h2o826 View Post
    HP called me yesterday at 1:39 pm. A sales rep whos name i will not disclose, tried to sell me a TouchPad. He said i could preorder it and he would pay for FREE overnight shipping so i can have the TP on july 1st launch. I thought that was actually really nice, preordering to guarantee i get one and save me a trip with overnight shipping.

I decline his offer, i told him there was no point in getting a wifi TP when i could not get a pre3 on sprint. He said they are working with sprint and other carriers to launch the pre3, aswell as a sprint cdma 3g enabled TP, instead of ATT. He said he couldnt release that information either but they are working with other carriers.
    I call BS.. No way they will drop a partner like ATT

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think it's been well established that these HP salespeople will say anything to make a sale.

And now based on the OP, they're now resorting to the most outlandish claims...
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

I agree. Love 'em or hate 'em, you don't drop the second largest (soon to be largest) mobile carrier.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Well really, we don't know anything yet about the Pre3
    Dan
    I agree, no Sprint Pre3, no Touchpad. If they want me to buy the Touchpad, they gotta reward all those loyal Sprint Pre users first.
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    I agree, no Sprint Pre3, no Touchpad. If they want me to buy the Touchpad, they gotta reward all those loyal Sprint Pre users first.
    They can't force Sprint to carry the Pre3. For all we know they have tried.

But they CAN make good on their promise to "make things right", which they seem to be hoping gets forgotten.
    he would pay for FREE overnight shipping so i can have the TP on july 1st launch.
    First I've heard of a HP rep promising this. My rep told me they are working to arrange shipping on June 30th with overnight delivery for arrival on July 1st, however he was honest and said it was not a done deal yet.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Well really, we don't know anything yet about the Pre3
    Yes but what we do know is that the gsm version of the pre3 has passed through the fcc carying att bands..

And we do know that HP has Launched one of their prev announced products with them

And we do know that ATT is currently the number 2 carrier and sprint is number 3, fighting to stay relevant.

So i'd say we know quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    First I've heard of a HP rep promising this. My rep told me they are working to arrange shipping on June 30th with overnight delivery for arrival on July 1st, however he was honest and said it was not a done deal yet.
    If they move arrival date to July 1st, their free overnight shipping makes a lot more sense, I hope the sales reps can swing this and I will consider ordering from them, if so.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    If they move arrival date to July 1st, their free overnight shipping makes a lot more sense, I hope the sales reps can swing this and I will consider ordering from them, if so.
    Well, I'm thinking they may have no choice.
    July 1: Friday
    July 2: Saturday (FedEx only delivers on Saturday for an extra fee)
    July 3: Sunday (FedEx does not deliver on Sundays)
    July 4: Monday (FedEx will be closed for obvious reasons)
    July 5: Tuesday

So if you don't get your TouchPad on July 1, you may not get it at all until July 5.

Assumption: Everything I have ever ordered from HP has gone way of FedEx. I am assuming the same here.
    An HP rep. contacted me a few days ago and I asked her that I can't get a TP until I know what kind of app developer support it will have and if Sprint was going to get the Pre3

She responded with this but I thought it was cool she provided the link to precentral for the app gallery.

Unfortunately we do not know all the carriers that will carry the Pre3 as of this moment. We also do not have a list that has all the webOS applications out there. It is a common question and I wish we had the resource for you. Along the line of the apps there is a good website but is still not going to have some of the apps and partnerships we have not announced yet. At least it should give him an idea of some apps on webOS. I have included the link below but again this is a third party resource and is most likely not going to have every out available. The main objection that we can’t overcome yet is the Pre3. It seems like he wants to get all the advantages of the touch to share and message/call forwarding features that would come with having both a phone and TouchPad.

App Gallery | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    I received a call yesterday as well, but missed it. So this is what it was about.. to sell me a TP?
    Aww man, if I got that call I would have ordered three.
    And again, the Pre3 (or equivalent) has to come to Sprint. The amount of support is overwhelming. Have you ever heard people get THIS upset about a PHONE coming to their carrier...well, I haven't....oh...iPhone....nm
    Well, everyone got the iPhone! Case in point.

I emailed that same question, i.e., are you moving up the shipping date or giving TRUE overnight shipping with Saturday July 2 delivery. My sales rep response: Nope.

'Course, he also told me onth ephone on June 19th that the retailers weren't getting product SHIPPED TO THEM UNTIL July 1, so no matter I did I would not get the TP any sooner than if I bought on efrom him. He asked me not to quote him, of course, completely off the record.

I'm an attorney, and that guy made ME uncomfortable. :-)
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    He said they are working with sprint and other carriers to launch the pre3, aswell as a sprint cdma 3g enabled TP, instead of ATT. He said he couldnt release that information either but they are working with other carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I agree. Love 'em or hate 'em, you don't drop the second largest (soon to be largest) mobile carrier.
    I might have wrote that information incorrectly, not "instead" of att but along with att. He said "he hopes other carriers will follow suit," his information could be outlandish but he didnt seem like one of those used car salesman, he actually sounded sincery and concerned about my issues. He also said their were many in my shoes. Im guessing if the att TP launch will go well, then other carriers will add it to their tablet lineup, or atleast HP hopes.