1.    #1  
    This lady Ann Finnie is worldwide PRPRPR $manager$ $for$ $HP$ $consumer$ $pcs$
    Hopefully we will get some info soon from the media. I googled Pepcom Digital Experience which apparently is a conference for the press.

AFinnie Ann Finnie
    The @HP TouchPad in NYC tonight at the Pepcom Digital Experience. #webOS The @HP TouchPad in NYC tonight at the Pepcom Digital Experie... on Twitpic

AFinnie Ann Finnie
    The @HP TouchPad is getting a lot of interest here in NYC tonight. #webos The @HP TouchPad is getting a lot of interest here in NYC ton... on Twitpic

Pepcom Inc. is the leader in technology showcase events for the media.

Our series of press events bring together the most innovative companies in digital technology and the most influential media in the business.

Each of our trademarked events - DigitalFocus, MobileFocus, eFocus, Digital Experience!, and Holiday Spectacular! - features a wide variety of products and services, ranging from consumer electronics to wireless gear to computer technologies. And Pepcom events always host the world's top companies, including regular participants like Canon, Dell, Fujifilm, HP, Intel, Kodak, Microsoft, Motorola, Nikon, Nokia, Olympus, Panasonic, RIM, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony, TiVo, Toshiba, and Yahoo!, to name a few.

edit: some more info about the Pepcom conference
    http://www.digfocus.com/digitalhome/4event/4event.html
    Pepcom events take the form of an upscale yet relaxed cocktail party at which you can mingle with the industry's most important contacts. We find the best venues, serve the finest food and drink, then allow some of the most creative and influential people in the business to interact. And we make it all happen with the most dedicated, professional team in the events business.
    Last edited by bluenote; 06/22/2011 at 07:14 PM.
    That's cool that they are showing it off to the media, I wish they were willing to show it off to the general public. I was at the gdgt live meetup yesterday (which is only a couple buildings away from the venue tonight's event is taking place), and despite HP being a sponsor of the event, they had no webOS products at their booth. All they had were laptops & netbooks.

I was really hoping to see the TouchPad & Pre 3 yesterday, but oh well. Hopefully the press & media at this event create some buzz & post some good articles about the TouchPad.
    Very cool! Hopefully this is the beginning of a major campaign.
    Seems to be a video from this event:
  5.    #5  
    Hmmn, uploaded video seems to show very little beyond what we have seen already. We are still waiting to hear about apps and internet multimedia services (music/movies etc). Very strange since the device goes on sale in about a week. Would have been nice to see also some Q&A by the attendees and to see non-HP people interacting with the device.

Presenter seems excited. I like the way the clock looks.

If they are starting retail store training this Sunday, my guess is they will have to be more forthcoming by this weekend to the public as it will all leak out anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    If they are starting retail store training this Sunday, my guess is they will have to be more forthcoming by this weekend to the public as it will all leak out anyway.
    I second that.

They will come out with all the missing information at least when starting to train on sales people.

I assume, that not letting people touch the device is because of some things still hidden.
    In the video above he avoids to open the launcher. There could be something inside, which we still don't know...

...we will definitely see during the next few days.
  7.    #7  
    CNET review spotted, as suspected they were barely allowed to touch the device. Only the Kindle app was shown

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post3000884

from CNET review:
    "Most impressive was the TouchPad's photo-browsing app, which consolidates local and web-hosted photos from multiple sources, including FaceBook and Flickr. All photos are gathered in a universal album, achieving the same kind of clever trick that made the Palm Pre's social contact consolidation so compelling. Photos seen from FaceBook even carry over comments.

An Amazon Kindle app was also demonstrated with some pride. It's a good win to have on Day 1, but it's a standard-issue type of app for iOS/Android users. Page turning and the bookshelf layout looked crisp, and slightly different than the iPad Kindle app I use.
    A brief and slightly blurry look at the photo album consolidation.

A brief and slightly blurry look at the photo album consolidation.
    (Credit: Scott Stein/CNET)

We were barely allowed to interact with the demo units ourselves, so further impressions will have to wait for the upcoming full review.

Personally, I was more wowed by the HP TouchPad's adjustable-size virtual keyboard, a rather brilliant move for those who might find the iPad 2's well-sized keys a bit too screen-filling. "
  8.    #8  
    This guy writes gadgetstogo blog and posted on our site this morning his experience and video from last night's event-- very cool

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ast-night.html