1. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    All - if you are interested in pre-ordering direct from HP, I just placed an order (after cancelling amazon order(s)) and ask the Rep if he was OK with me posting the direct sales number.

He said yes and that ALL who called would get NO S/H and priority deliver.

866-625-0242

You do NOT have to have a small/business account, but will get he benefit of their service since they were tasked with handling the TouchPad pre-delivery. No promises made . . . but from speaking with him, I'm confident I will get the order 3-4 days sooner then I would have if I let the amazon order process . . . . . . . . call them if you want to hear how that's possible ~
    I don't think anyone here (who ordered through HP) had to pay for shipping; even overnight was offered for free.

But still, thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I don't think anyone here (who ordered through HP) had to pay for shipping; even overnight was offered for free.

But still, thanks for sharing!
    The real question is can HP offer Saturday delivery? Or even sooner?
    Quote Originally Posted by southflguy View Post
    The real question is can HP offer Saturday delivery? Or even sooner?
    Why would they need to? Normally with these launches they ship out the pre-order devices to be delivered on the release date.
    Saturday delivery depends if FeDex offers in your area and/or if it's an option selected by the shipper. Based on what I was told by the HP rep, it may not arrive until Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Why would they need to? Normally with these launches they ship out the pre-order devices to be delivered on the release date.
    Not in this case, at least from what's been said around here, from a number of people (including me) who dealt with HP.

It's definitely shipping on July 1st.
  7. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    he hee . . . I'm thinking it'll arrive on the 1st if you got it via the direct sales team at HP !!!
    He hee, I ordered through HP small business sales and I'm thinking it will arrive any day BUT the 1st. No one's getting on the 1st, unless they go to a retail store.