Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today I got my first chance to touch a TouchPad. From my brief experience with it, it is as incredible as we all hope it will be.

The shape is more comfortable to hold than any other tablet I've played with.

It is blazing fast. You tap, and it goes. Angry Birds HD loaded quicker than I've seen it on any device.

The touchscreen keyboard was easy to use. I could hold it with two hands and type with my thumbs. I only did a couple of web searches with it though.

The Quick Office app was on it, but not functional yet.

Beats Audio sound is amazing for such a small device.

Photo integration with Facebook and others was great. It was if the pictures on those sites were already in your phone.

I did get the disappointing news that Sprint is the only carrier who won't have any of the new HP devices. Hopefully this will change soon. It looks like I might have to spend more money for my cell bill and go to Verizon or AT&T.

With such a powerful device and very little external connectivity, we need our homebrew community to come up with something like Airplay to stream video/audio/photos to our TV's.
    Good deal man! Did you see any new apps on it? I'm also curious as to how does the App Catalog interface is on the tablet.
    Where did you try this? Any pictures?
    what do mean by "blazing fast"? what kind of operation did you test? other than angry bird?

hows color looks like? how many apps on there by default? did you check app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdowers View Post
    I did get the disappointing news that Sprint is the only carrier who won't have any of the new HP devices.
    Say what now??
    I did get the disappointing news that Sprint is the only carrier who won't have any of the new HP devices.
    You see, this is why I highly doubt any Pre 3 or future device is coming to Sprint this year, if ever.
    T
    What the am I supposed to do when my Pre decides to brick/drown itself/die/explode?

At least I don't have to worry about anyone stealing it.....

I don't understand why HP won't just tell us now and get the coming backlash over with.... Tear off the bandaid
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    come on peeps, I'm a SPre owner too.

Please don't turn this into another Sprint thread, there are plenty of those.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    come on peeps, I'm a SPre owner too.

Please don't turn this into another Sprint thread, there are plenty of those.
    Can't unring that bell from the OP.
  10.    #10  
    I didn't get a lot of time on it. I work in an electronics store and our Regional HP Sales rep brought his in.

The picture was as good as the Ipad 2.

I didn't see any new apps on it, but wasn't looking for any either. The SuperNES app was installed on it and played well also. To exit out of PDK style apps you must press the "Center Button" area to put the app into card view.

The App catalog was different. It's hard to explain without photos, but it was nice. There were several main screens from which you could swipe left or right to get to the next. Theses seem to take the place of the app highlight at the top of the current catalog. I tapped the button to look at the apps, but was distracted by something and never got back to it.

The top bar is updated also. You can see a defined area for each drop down. These still work by swiping down, or just tapping.

The pages of the launcher looked great. Each of the pages showed up with a named tab at the top. I don't know if you can control the names, or how many pages there are.

You read right about Sprint. I asked about Sprint availability on any devices, and was told not now. This was not not ever.
    To the OP....

Thanks for the summary.. it sounds like the TP is turning out to be everything HP and JR has said it would, so far, from the several accounts here on PC.

Was there anything that struck you that was different than what you expected?
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

It looks like I might have to spend more money for my cell bill and go to Verizon or AT&T.
    If you are going to Verizon, you better do so before 7/7/2011. Verizon is changing there data plans.

Verizons New Data Plans - Complete Details
    now i'm salivating.. damn it, hurry-up July 1st.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    To the OP....

Was there anything that struck you that was different than what you expected?
    The Pre was an incredible device when I got it over 2 years ago. It set a very high bar for me and that is why I still have it after 2 years. The Touchpad hits that high bar. It was the tablet experience I was waiting for.
    so what electronic store? I thought IP-1 and IP-2 screens looked exactly same, and they have the same resolution too. Thanks for all the scoop.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I did get the disappointing news that Sprint is the only carrier who won't have any of the new HP devices. Hopefully this will change soon. It looks like I might have to spend more money for my cell bill and go to Verizon or AT&T.
    So does this mean T-Mobile is getting an HP device? Has a phone gone thru with T Mo 3G frequency?

The SuperNES app was installed on it and played well also.
    Wait so an app that requires unlicensed (bootlegged roms), on a corporate device?

Ohhh and one last thing to the masses, isn't this a severe breaking of the NDA (by the rep)? Just asking because clearly it wasn't an official HP sanctioned training session.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Wait so an app that requires unlicensed (bootlegged roms), on a corporate device?

Ohhh and one last thing to the masses, isn't this a severe breaking of the NDA (by the rep)? Just asking because clearly it wasn't an official HP sanctioned training session.
    This makes his post somewhat....questionable...
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    So does this mean T-Mobile is getting an HP device? Has a phone gone thru with T Mo 3G frequency?

T mobile will soon be a part pf ATT, so that means all carriers other than sprint. The guy was probably showing off, its probably his personal device not corporate's, plus who said the ROM's were bootlegged.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    T mobile will soon be a part pf ATT, so that means all carriers other than sprint. The guy was probably showing off, its probably his personal device not corporate's, plus who said the ROM's were bootlegged.
    Okay T Mo / ATT isn't close to finalized legally speaking.

Personal device? So you are thinking NDA free personal devices have been sold internally?

As for the rom's being bootlegged, there is technically no such thing as a legal SNES rom. There are those few license free MAME roms, but even the majority of MAME roms still carry licensing. Nintendo hasn't realesed any of their licensing that I have ever seen.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'm tired of watching you guys always question the bearers of great news... he makes a superb post and out of 13 or 14 other posts in this thread at least 3 of them I read and you're already picking him apart, finding any reason to doubt his story no matter how unreasonable it may seem.

So what there's a SNES or NES emulator on a corporate device, so what it wasn't an 'OFFICIAL' training session, none of you guys work for HP and none of you know their policies.

Thank you OP for the news, it's forever welcome on this site.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast