1.    #1  
    I didn't pre-order the Touchpad, because I live in Logan, Utah. Never heard of it? Exactly. We have a Staples, Radioshack, BestBuy, 2 (!!!!!!) Walmarts. So, I think I should be able to just scout around on day one....you think I'll be ok?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    could be a line at the door?
    I would say your biggest worry would probably be supply, thinking demand won't be to high there. Possible low numbers/late distribution.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The Walmart in Orem is getting 6 Touchpads. So I would wager yours would be about the same.
    Beanis, do you know the SKU# used by Walmart for the TouchPad (16GB, preferrably)?
    I went to my local best buy they didn't have crap on the touchpad up yet, I did get to see the veer though and man that thing is really tiny! lol

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    I didn't pre-order the Touchpad, because I live in Logan, Utah. Never heard of it? Exactly. We have a Staples, Radioshack, BestBuy, 2 (!!!!!!) Walmarts. So, I think I should be able to just scout around on day one....you think I'll be ok?

Isn't Logan, Utah the home of S&S Power? The amusement park ride manufacturer? See, I heard of it.
    I don't think you'll have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Beanis, do you know the SKU# used by Walmart for the TouchPad (16GB, preferrably)?
    No, I just asked them to scan the price tag they had out with their telzon. They are only getting the 32 as far as I know.
    They have the price tags for the TouchPads out already? Hope they start getting the 16GB units...
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    It's hard to say. A small town will mean smaller demand but also smaller supply. I live in a small town, and when the Pre- was coming out I didn't think I would need to preorder it with my local Sprint store. About 2 weeks before launch I happened to be in the area so went in and put my name on the list. I ended up #22 out of 25 they were expecting to get in. Maybe the 21 people ahead of me were diehard Palm fans and no one else preordered after me, so I could have waltzed in on launch day and got one anyway, but being that close to the bottom of the list 2 weeks before launch made me glad I did it.
    Only webOS fans even know its coming. I'm not pre-ordering it.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I'm in Springville, UT and although the Walmart here will be getting at least 2, I'm just gonna go through Amazon. Avoiding Utah sales tax is to big a savings to pass up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    They have the price tags for the TouchPads out already? Hope they start getting the 16GB units...
    They have been out nearly two weeks. But only 32. I honestly think they (and most retail outlets) are only getting 32's for launch.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post

Went to Utah State myself. You probably will be fine. Logan surprisingly has a decent amount of people that want tech stuff on the release date. I know because there was a line for the pre when it was released (at the Logan Sprint store). It however might be nice to avoid the sales tax by using Amazon
    Went to Utah State and have a house in Springville, you may be underestimating the number of webOS fans in the area.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
  17.    #17  
    That is quite reassuring that there are actually WebOS fans out here. Most everyone I know is Android and iOS, and they roll their eyes when I talk about all of the strengths of WebOS.
    'Why don't you just get a honeycomb tablet...?'