1.    #1  
    Sorry for the new thread, I just felt this should be known and not get lost in one of the other threads.

I just called Costco after having regrets about pre-ordering through HP. I asked about the 2 year warrenty, if it would cover drops/water damage or if it was hardware only. The employee then told me that tablets are NOT covered with this two year warrenty and it's because they dont consider it a computer under the current policy. So the only warrenty you would get is a standard warrenty through HP.

So i kept my pre-order with HP and just removed the Touchstone (saved near $100). I'm going through amazon instead.

Hope this helps anyone looking where to buy...
    If they don't consider it a computer, does it still fall under their 90-day return policy (I assume it does)?
  3.    #3  
    Yes, the 90 day return should still apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    If they don't consider it a computer, does it still fall under their 90-day return policy (I assume it does)?
    Yup, I believe that's all electronics if I am remembering correctly what Jay was saying the other day.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard if Costco will have touchpads in store july first?
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    They should, at least the one around here has confirmed it, though they can't say how many will be on hand.
    I am not sure about the water damage or drops however the manufacturer warranty is extended by one year with AMEX as well.
    Thanks for that AMEX reminder. It is my COSTCO card and I never use it. But that could be a good idea.
    It's up for pre order on Costco's site: Costco - Computers - Tablet PCs
    Standard shipping via UPS Ground is included in the quoted price[same as everywhere]. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 7 - 10 business days from the time of order.