Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Are we aware how/if screenshots will work on the Touchpad? I assume similar to iOS devices whereby you press two hard buttons simultaniously, but has it been confirmed or shown off anywhere?

My Windows Phone and my Mum's Android dpn't support screenshots which is a big marketing lapse i feel - I'm always seeing iOS screenshots on Twitter, it would be nice to show off the WebOS UI.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevr1990 View Post
    Are we aware how/if screenshots will work on the Touchpad? I assume similar to iOS devices whereby you press two hard buttons simultaniously, but has it been confirmed or shown off anywhere?

My Windows Phone and my Mum's Android dpn't support screenshots which is a big marketing lapse i feel - I'm always seeing iOS screenshots on Twitter, it would be nice to show off the WebOS UI.
    android has screen capture built in.

screen cap is a necessary function in these devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

No it doesn't. You must first root your Android device for that functionality to be available, unlike webOS smartphones -I say smartphones, since I'm not sure if that feature will be on the TouchPad.

/edit: there's an open-source Windows application that allows screen capture of an Android device when connected to a PC and doesn't require rooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    No it doesn't. You must first root your Android device for that functionality to be available, unlike webOS smartphones -I say smartphones, since I'm not sure if that feature will be on the TouchPad.

/edit: there's an open-source Windows application that allows screen capture of an Android device when connected to a PC and doesn't require rooting.
    what? i have my galaxy tab in my hand, and screen capture is out of box. i didn't root it and i don't even know how to root it.
    That's a feature exclusive to the Galaxy Tab -thank Samsung for it, not Android.
  6.    #6  
    what? i have my galaxy tab in my hand, and screen capture is out of box. i didn't root it and i don't even know how to root it.
    I think manufacturers can add the feature, but it's not an Android feaure, it's not available on HTC Android devices - or at least I've not found it as of.
    That's a feature exclusive to the Galaxy Tab -thank Samsung for it, not Android.
    hmm, good to know, maybe ppl need to install an app for it if their device doesn't have the function out of box. There are quite a bit of those.
    If you're talking about Android (and obviously excluding the Galaxy), you need to root your device first prior to installing any app.

I expect the TouchPad to have that functionality out of the box, as with previous webOS devices.
    If you're talking about Android (and obviously excluding the Galaxy), you need to root your device first prior to installing any app.
    doesn't android has a market?
    I don't understand the question. You mean their Android Market? Sure they do -why?
    ^ Because you said you can't install any android apps unless you root your device
    I'm guessing CTRL+P still works. You might have to use the wireless keyboard to avoid capturing the virtual keyboard.
    I am certain there has to be some keyboard shortcut that hides the keyboard and takes a screenshot.
    WebOS phones have screen capture, so I have no reason to believe that the Touchpad would not have it. I'm just not sure how it will be done since there are so few buttons on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    ^ Because you said you can't install any android apps unless you root your device
    Aren't we talking about screenshot apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I'm guessing CTRL+P still works. You might have to use the wireless keyboard to avoid capturing the virtual keyboard.
    Maybe the screenshot wont include the virtual keyboard. But that might be weird. Maybe a long press of the home button or something.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  17.    #17  
    On iOS it's power and home button pressed together. Works tell on iPhone but a little clumsy on the larger iPad. Struggling to think of anything better, though.
    It'll also be interesting to see how they implement copy and paste. Has that been shown?

No it doesn't...
    I think manufacturers can add the feature, but it's not an Android feaure, it's not available on HTC Android devices - or at least I've not found it as of.
    Repeat

I think it's great to Clevin acknowledge a necessary function that WebOS has natively lacking in Android. Maybe we'll get him converted yet.

I suspect that the same functionality will exist on the TouchPad.
    Yes there is. In fact I just figure it out. haha. Hold down the power button while pressing the "Center" button (home key thingy). You will see the screen light up with a yellow halo as if someone flashed a light in the center of the screen.

The image will then be saved under the folder "Screenshots". However the only way to access these files at this time is to connect the tablet to the computer and retrieve it that way.

Kinda sucks but oh well..
    This is my first post here.. hope this helps.

**Edit** screenshot folder just arrived. I guess it took a while for it to show up. I guess you can access the files directly from the touchpad.
    Last edited by DrunkSaru; 06/24/2011 at 05:12 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast