Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Awesome commercial! It gets me excited..!
    Thanks for posting this, OP!

Another slick, sharp commercial - and pretty funny after a few views. Love the device-in-front-of-face approach!

My only gripe is minor - I don't think the "flip, stack, and move between active apps" line is memorable; it tries to say too much in a very short span. Not sure how I'd improve upon it though.

All in all, another big win in webOS marketing, IMO. Go HP!
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Haha Millions of hits!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Stupid corporate advertising, making me want to spend my monies. Good job HP.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    haha I love this ad, Manny's career sounds just like what webOS wishes for. "They said I couldn't [X,Y,Z], but I did!"

We'll show you gadget world!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    they should have inserted there...

"They said we couldn't beat the iPad, but we will!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    haha I love this ad, Manny's career sounds just like what webOS wishes for. "They said I couldn't [X,Y,Z], but I did!"

We'll show you gadget world!
    Well Manny did say that "They said I couldn't fight above my weight class, but I did."

Just like the TouchPad against the iPad right? I hope they win as well.

ALSO, it shows that Manny has at LEAST 4 active calendars:

- Yellow for Boxing related stuff
    - Blue for Nutritional stuff
    - Red for Legislative stuff and
    - Green for Public Relations/Media stuff

Being Filipino,I find it sooo funny. But in a good way. All my relatives want anything w/ an HP on it now.
    Its a great ads, but last scene seems to suggest it has a rear camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    Does this mean we'll have a rear-facing camera? /wishful thinking
    That would be some surprise, although the commercial does make it seem as though it does have a rear-facing camera.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    That would be some surprise, although the commercial does make it seem as though it does have a rear-facing camera.
    they did say there is a last minute change in hardware and may affect 3rd party accessories, maybe indeed there will be a rear cam..
    I can't say it any better than (with regards to the maybe rearcam)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    they did say there is a last minute change in hardware and may affect 3rd party accessories, maybe indeed there will be a rear cam..

I think they were talking about the device's width and height, which, if changed even in the slightest, will affect cases, covers, etc.

I saw the commercial a few times and I'm not getting the rear-camera "vibe". But hey, this is one of those cases where I'd love to be wrong.
    Just thinking logically, if that was a rear camera, would it even show that image of Manny's face when it is so close to him? Seems like all we would see would be an up-close shot of his forehead!
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Thanks for posting this, OP!

Another slick, sharp commercial - and pretty funny after a few views. Love the device-in-front-of-face approach!

My only gripe is minor - I don't think the "flip, stack, and move between active apps" line is memorable; it tries to say too much in a very short span. Not sure how I'd improve upon it though.

All in all, another big win in webOS marketing, IMO. Go HP!
    The tagline that is memorable from this commercial and the Veer commercial and which seems to be the running tagline is "Works like nothing else". I like that line bc it's true of their webOS products and that is what is likely to stick with consumers.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    in all seriousness, I think this is one of the better marketing campaigns. outside of the ipad, the only other tablet with decent commercials IMO is the playbook. I think the android tablet makers are having a hard time explaining to consumers what differentiates their products.
    This. The Android makers are having a hard time so they're trying to now inject dual core language and speed and that still doesn't provide them with any distinction. Apple is blatantly saying that it's not about how many cores and how fast your chip is.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Hilarious!
    And Wow... he really does sing!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Well, that was totally enjoyable.

Quick, to the point, and funny.

I like how smooth everythintg flowed, from the commercial to WebOS on the TP...

Very, very slick.

I hope this airs alot...
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

3 words...

"TOLD YOU SO!"

All the haters were talking trash, "Where's HP's Marketing?!?", "HP is as bad as Palm...", etc., etc... Palm was in freefall and not able to do much. HP is not "failing" by any stretch of the imagination and are STILL the #1 PC company in the world. Their revenue is 127BILLION. 1% of that is over a BILLION dollars. If they spent just 1% of their revenue on marketing, that'd be 300k more than Palm's ENTIRE company revenue. If you had $10, could you spend 10 cents without flinching??

Exactly.

Prepare yourselves ladies and gents, this will be awesome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Well Manny did say that "They said I couldn't fight above my weight class, but I did."

Just like the TouchPad against the iPad right? I hope they win as well.
    This! Starting to think Manny is a perfect celebrity choice
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    where did they say this?

The only thing I just encountered is, that all recent videos showing near-final Touchpads have them covered under the rubber case accessory. So we actually couldn't see any backside of one of the newer devices...so it still COULD be, that there is a camera underneath in final hardware?

But to be honest: I strongly doubt that!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast