Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Amazon just emailed me saying that my estimated arrival date is July 5th (I paid for overnight shipping).

Looks like BestBuy or Walmart will end up getting my business.

Also, I went to the Walmart I went to last week, where their computer showed two are coming. I had the guy scan the price tag again and it said it says they have 6 on order, but with no date.
    Last edited by Beanis; 06/21/2011 at 11:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    cool thanks for the 411
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  3. macdavepro
    I just got an email from them saying the 7th - 11th. This is with standard shipping.

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk
    I thought I would post the details for pre-ordering at Best Buy for store pick-up on 7/1/11:

First, of the three stores I went to NOBODY knew what I was talking about, inlcuding the store managers at two of the stores, one of which a forum member had already pre-ordered at the day before!

I went to the Pasadena, CA store and was directed to the In Store Pickup Dept by the computer guys. The guy in In Store pickup and his manager took the instructions I had from the forums, tweaked them and got me my Reservation Ticket in 15 minutes. Here's what they did:

Log on
    Put in HP touchpad
    Put in the Pre-sale sku 2490126 (the regular sku for touchpad does not bring up the pre-sale documents)
    They took my contact information and phone number
    I paid $50 and received a gift card and a receipt that says: Touchpad 16GB Presale in all caps
    I asked for and got a copy of the reservation ticket. It says it is valid between 6/19/2011 - 07/01/2011.

I was told that once they get their touchpads, they will call me to come pick it up, apply the gift card and buy any accessories.

Iplan to get the Buy Back protection, but I am getting warranty and replacement insurance from SquareTrade.com - $99 for two years of repairs and replacement due to damage insurance.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
  5.    #5  
    I really wanted to go with Amazon to save $30 on tax.

I don't think waiting an extra 4 days is worth that $30 in savings now
    That $30 could be spent on accessories...
    so does that mean they'll be shipping out the 5th. Or is that the day the box will be in my hands?
    Amazon: Estimated delivery date is July 6th (with 2 day shipping selected).
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'm saving about $50-60 in tax's through Amazon, so while I want one on July 1st, reason is winning out and I'm using the $$ i'm saving to buy the touchstone (which is probably an unreasonable purchase!)
    my hp rep said by ordering from hp I'll get it july 2. I told him no thanks I'll get it from BB on july 1. He then said BB will get them on the 5th. I took his word for it and bought thru hp.
    Got the same email from Amazon. With overnight shipping arrival is July 5th. I can live with that.

I bought from Amazon because I trust them. They do order fulfillment better than just about anyone and they respect their customers enough to give clear answers when they have them - something HP has yet to learn.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    I'm hoping that amazon is just giving themselves an extra day just in case. I would hope that they are shipping out on the 1st and will arrive on the 2nd.

They do ship on saturday right?
  13.    #13  
    If they really do ship them on the 1st, overnight people should be getting them Saturday. I am hoping they are just buffering for anything that could go wrong and the 4th - really just giving themselves 1 extra day.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    If they really do ship them on the 1st, overnight people should be getting them Saturday. I am hoping they are just buffering for anything that could go wrong and the 4th - really just giving themselves 1 extra day.
    My thoughts too!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    my hp rep said by ordering from hp I'll get it july 2. I told him no thanks I'll get it from BB on july 1. He then said BB will get them on the 5th. I took his word for it and bought thru hp.
    You know he told you this in order to close the sale, thats it. The touchpad releases on the first, which means brick and mortar stores will be getting them on the 1st(at least some of them).

I preordered from best buy, and they guarranteed the first.

This seems like a very unorganized launch, or is it just me. This is the first launch product i've ever got, and the first preorder i've ever done besides ps3 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I'm hoping that amazon is just giving themselves an extra day just in case. I would hope that they are shipping out on the 1st and will arrive on the 2nd.

They do ship on saturday right?
    I'm hoping thew same thing.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Don't bank on my word, but just to let you guys know that (at least for me) I usually receive my Amazon orders a few days before the actual ship date. Only if its sent directly from Amazon and not a third party. I've ordered a few things that arrived a day or two early (sometimes 3 days early). Sorry, don't mean to get you guys' hopes up, but its totally possible. :P.
    From the Amazon website:

How One-Day Shipping Works
    Not all of the items listed on our site are available immediately, so selecting One-Day or Two-Day Shipping does not necessarily mean your order will arrive in one or two days. Saturday and Sunday delivery is available for certain locations. Also, when you select One-Day or Two-Day Shipping, we may use air or ground shipping as necessary to get your items to you within the promised time frame.
    I'm going to be cutting it close with this one. If it is delivered on the 2nd I will be in Michigan (which is where I'm having it sent to), if it delivers on the 5th then I'll be in florida (which is where I live).

I'm going to have to monitor this closely so that I can pull the trigger on changing the shipping address if need be.
    Last edited by KJBlauw; 06/22/2011 at 08:53 AM.
  20. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    mine says the 6th for delivery as well . . . I'm not happy. I inquired about overnight and they estimate was still by the 5th????

decisions, decisions !!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast