View Poll Results: Have you recieved a Touchpad for developing yet, or are you waiting for one soon?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have one. D

1 1.85%
  • By the end of the week.

1 1.85%
  • Sometime soon..

9 16.67%
  • Why am I not a developer?

43 79.63%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    How many developers are receiving their personal Touchpads soon, if any, and how many [aside from workers and WebOS Internals] already have one for developing?
    Last edited by bubby323; 06/26/2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Q: Did you submit a fully functional app or just partly functional.

I haven't attempted to submit anything until it MOSTLY works.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    Q: Did you submit a fully functional app or just partly functional.

I haven't attempted to submit anything until it MOSTLY works.
    I've been sending Christopher emails for about 3 weeks now in reference to my applications I'm making. I've found out that they really just want to know what your doing. I've given him descriptions, screenshots, a few .ipk(s) to test out on his Touchpad for me, and he just sent me the paperwork today.

They want to work with you through the course of your development too, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to get started with a Developer Relations member sometime soon.
    HP is working with the newer developers, developers that have ben around for the last 2 years are getting ignored and treated like dirt, example is the dev of remix, getting treated like a 3rd rate developer.

I have totally givin up on HP WebOS as a developer platform. I wouldn't be surprised if the OP will get treated the same way a few months from now.

Abe
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    HP is working with the newer developers, developers that have ben around for the last 2 years are getting ignored and treated like dirt, example is the dev of remix, getting treated like a 3rd rate developer.

I have totally givin up on HP WebOS as a developer platform. I wouldn't be surprised if the OP will get treated the same way a few months from now.

Abe
    Really? My understanding is that they were after all developers, new and old.
    I have been developing apps for 2 years on webOS, one of them being the fourth highest rated paid app in the App Catalog (PowerNap), and I have not heard back from HP regarding a developer TouchPad.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I have been developing apps for 2 years on webOS, one of them being the fourth highest rated paid app in the App Catalog (PowerNap), and I have not heard back from HP regarding a developer TouchPad.
    Did you submit a ipk of a app you're developing as they requested? I don't work for dev relations but I would think that they maybe trying to work their way thru multiple requests.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Did you submit a ipk of a app you're developing as they requested? I don't work for dev relations but I would think that they maybe trying to work their way thru multiple requests.
    Christopher is swamped personally, he's showed me the numbers, and alot of people are working on these applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubby323 View Post
    Really? My understanding is that they were after all developers, new and old.
    nope, they only want devs that are using enyo, nothing else, any issues with mojo are being ignored, I understand why they are doing this, however devs that already have apps in the catalog and have issue that are being ignored such as me, will not make enyo apps, if they can't trust HP / Palm
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    nope, they only want devs that are using enyo, nothing else, any issues with mojo are being ignored, I understand why they are doing this, however devs that already have apps in the catalog and have issue that are being ignored such as me, will not make enyo apps, if they can't trust HP / Palm
    Well you have my word that they are giving a Touchpad to those developers, trust goes a long way..
    Let me just say that I have 2 apps in the catalog and another one approved for the TouchPad, and I've been very happy with how I've been treated. I have been contacted multiple times, including phone calls.

I'm not really sure how much I should say, but if some developers are being ignored, that has not been my experience.
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 06/23/2011 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Yep, a month ago =(
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Christopher.Colon@palm.com That's my suggestion.
    It makes sense that they are focusing on Enyo apps right now since it is clearly the future of the platform. But they should ATLEAST respond to those who are working on mojo apps.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    It makes sense that they are focusing on Enyo apps right now since it is clearly the future of the platform. But they should ATLEAST respond to those who are working on mojo apps.
    You have to give them the benefit of the doubt, if your working on a mojo app, then apply for a developer Pre 2, or request access to the 3.0 beta sdk and learn Enyo, it's easier.
    Yeah i've contacted them a while ago... let's say i'm not one of the lucky ones...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    From other threads, it seems that they are devoting most of their staff to making sure webos 3.x is solid. Given that they don't want a debut like the RIM tablet, I can understand why that is a priority over a dead end framework.
    I just got an email from a dev, who is porting his app from mojo to ANDROID, and doesn't want to port it to enyo, the reason: " he's lost trust in HP/Palm dev releations.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Seems I may be lucky. Hm.
    I'd love to get in on the developer deals, I suppose you need developer skills.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast