View Poll Results: Have you recieved a Touchpad for developing yet, or are you waiting for one soon?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have one. D

1 1.85%
  • By the end of the week.

1 1.85%
  • Sometime soon..

9 16.67%
  • Why am I not a developer?

43 79.63%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hey Dan,

I have the utmost respect for you and know how long you've been struggling with issues with media indexing etc. However, the example you show (via Twitter) doesn't seem like a justified reason at all.

This person shouldn't be complaining when an unofficial device can not see an app that the device was never certified to get/have access to. We certainly demand a lot from HP (and previously Palm) but we definitely can't demand devs to make our unofficial devices work perfectly, and in turn, HP to make our unofficial devices to access/work with everything perfectly. Its a users own choice to upgrade to an OS version that isn't supported for their device.

Now the real underlying problem is why Palm/HP gave up on 2.x on older devices in the first place. That's a valid complaint.

Hope you don't take it the wrong way, but I just think your response to that should be, I'm sorry I've done all I can to request it, but neither I nor HP can fully support your Meta-Doctored device...
    SirataXero, I would agree with you if this HP bug only affected meta-doctored devices. It also affects people who upgraded to 2.1 using official, carrier-supplied updates (like O2 users). All of those users can no longer access 2.x apps that have recently updated, even if they paid for them.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Hey DanPLT,

I went ahead and sent an email to my account rep Adam. He said he would get back to you on this.

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    SirataXero, I would agree with you if this HP bug only affected meta-doctored devices. It also affects people who upgraded to 2.1 using official, carrier-supplied updates (like O2 users). All of those users can no longer access 2.x apps that have recently updated, even if they paid for them.
    Interesting. You're correct. I just checked my own 2.1 app catalog. Remix doesn't show up. I guess that's still a valid complaint then.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillOrly View Post
    Hey DanPLT,

I went ahead and sent an email to my account rep Adam. He said he would get back to you on this.

Bill
    Thank you, I appreciate it. Adam emailed me and said they're still working on it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I say you just go work for HP! We all know their media player needs help
    Soft Launch of the veer was just a bad palm decision and hopefully HP will make better decisions going forward. They were literally damned if you do damned if you dont with the veer. I am sure it was well down the pipeline and the hardware was ageing fast when HP's influence started to sink in. If they would have waited four months to release the phone it would have just been that much more under powered. Palm was shooting for the next centro when no one was asking for it. People have realized that they are paying a fortune for their contracts and the phone price is only a small portion of it. Forty nine dollar iPhones don't help either. HP needed a splash for thier reboot and a free on contract phone was not the way to go. Thats the reason for the soft launch of the veer. The Pre2 was just a cluster**** though. (typically woudl not put cluster**** in a post, but its in protest to deleting *** out of badass what are you guys protestant)
    Just wanted to chime in and say DanPLC I hope your issues get resolved ASAP, your music player remix app is definitely one of the best apps in the catalog.

Looking forward to much more webOS apps from you in the future, so don't give up!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234