1.    #1  
    So I've called the 3 closest vendors in my area, which happen to be a Super Walmart, a Best Buy, and a Staples. All of which cannot give me an answer. All 3 had no idea what I was talking about. I had to explain it to them and tell them that it releases on the 1st. All 3 eventually told me that they will carry it at some point but they're not sure if it'll be available on the 1st...Also, to top things off I asked the sales rep at BB if I can reserve one, to which I was put on hold and and then told they don't reserve them. So I followed up by saying that I know you do as I've been following forums which people have posted reserving them at BB. Then I got the reply, well if you heard you can do it online then reserve it online because we don't have the reserve forms in store...My final thought was fine, I'll just pre-order via HP. Heres how that went:

me - Hi, I'm calling to pre-order the TP
    rep - Awesome, lets get that started.
    me - just to clarify, I've called my local retailers and none of them have any clue whether or not they will carry it on the 1st
    rep - Sir, no retailers will carry it on the 1st, only HP is shipping the device out on the 1st with free next day delivery
    me (playing naive) - oh cool, I guess saturday delivery will be fine.
    rep - uhh, sorry sir next business day, so monday
    me - ...you mean tuesday, monday is a holiday.
    rep - oh yea, sorry.
    me - well I'm fairly sure a retailer will be carrying it somewhere on release. I guess I'll just continue calling them.

Thats how it ended. This is my rant. This is annoying. This isn't what I was hoping for. Ugh...Sorry if this thread belongs somewhere else or has been done already. I was venting and didn't feel like searching.

Anyone else in the same boat?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I would assume alot of people are on the same boat at this point. I should have mine by the end of the week (developer), however. I feel for you man, I really do. There has to be something they can do to compensate for the holiday. Saturday shipping sounds fairly reasonable to me.
    I don't know, why is rep saying again that store won't have tp on July 1st? I thought the question has been settled?
    Why the big deal. Just wait untill Apple came out with the idea no one needed a touch pad and still don't. Wait till you can see it and use it. You may like another better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    ...Thats how it ended. This is my rant. This is annoying. This isn't what I was hoping for. Ugh...Sorry if this thread belongs somewhere else or has been done already. I was venting and didn't feel like searching.

Anyone else in the same boat?
    I suspect what you're seeing is a combination of different motivations, and different levels of "enthusiastic translation".

In the first, the guys at the retail boxes, for the most part, don't really care. They get paid the same amount whether you buy the TP or not, and just aren't personally interested in the TP. They will likely tell you what they know for sure, but they likely won't know much, because they really don't care.

The reps that are calling though, are probably being paid a spif on a per order basis. They want you to believe that not only are they the best option for purchase, but that no other device matters. I suspect they were told that stores may not have them on launch day, and they embellished from there.

They really are not worried that someone will call them back and say "Hey, I ordered from you, but Joe's Discount had them opening day". They're all counting on everyone playing with their new toy so much, they forget the pain.
  6.    #6  
    I've had an ipad that I sold. And I don't like android and <beep> the playbook. The TP is where its at. And once you have a tab then you need a tab...

<staff edit>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/21/2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: language