View Poll Results: Why are you paying full price for the Touchstone?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ease of ordering in just one place: my HP rep

3 7.89%
  • I don't trust those pinkie commie *******s at Amazon

1 2.63%
  • How else am I going to help stimulate the economy?

2 5.26%
  • Tacos

32 84.21%
  1.    #1  
    Time after time, I'm seeing people mentioning that on their HP pre-orders, they're also purchasing the Touchstone at its full price of $80 (+tax).

It's been mentioned here several times that Amazon has been offering it for $66, free shipping -they're also offering the cover and A/C adapter at reduced prices.

Can someone explain the reasoning as to why they're choosing to pay full prices?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    It's called instant gratification. People want their TouchPad and they don't care how much it cost. They just want it now!
    hp won't be shipping the accessories for several weeks after the get the touchpad... Not what I'd call Oinstants"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    hp won't be shipping the accessories for several weeks after the get the touchpad... Not what I'd call Oinstants"...
    I can't vouch for his accuracy, but the HP rep I spoke with yesterday said that the keyboard and the TouchStone would both be available on launch day.
    the HP rep that keeps calling me specifically called to say that accessories wouldn't start shipping until late july.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    hahhaha funny *** poll -=)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I actually pre-ordered the touchstone and case at best buy when I was ordering my Touchpad, but that was before I knew they weren't going to be there on launch day. I'm just going to cancel them when I pickup up the Touchpad and then order on Amazon
    Yea heard july 15th for the TouchStone. Least that is what my HP rep told me when I ordered mine..
  9.    #9  
    Both the HP rep that took my pre order and an Amazon rep confirmed that the Touchstone would be in stock only after July 1st, though each disagreed on when it would be available.
    I ordered everything from HP but only my TouchPad will ship on the 1st. According to the HP Order System - the accessories are not shipping until the 10th. The HP sales rep told me there would be a two week delay on the shipment of accessories become of some last minute changes.

So - if Amazon, or someone else, actually gets accessories at a better price before HP ships - I'm just canceling the HP accessories order. If accessories are really coming to everyone later than the TouchPad then I have my bases covered.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    I ordered everything from HP but only my TouchPad will ship on the 1st. According to the HP Order System - the accessories are not shipping until the 10th. The HP sales rep told me there would be a two week delay on the shipment of accessories become of some last minute changes.

So - if Amazon, or someone else, actually gets accessories at a better price before HP ships - I'm just canceling the HP accessories order. If accessories are really coming to everyone later than the TouchPad then I have my bases covered.
    the 10th is a sunday. is that date accurate? if it is, i have to ask, what the hell is HP doing!! i have never seen products launch on a friday and the weekend before a holiday! now accessories are shipping on sundays? its crazy!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    the accessories are not shipping until the 10th. The HP sales rep told me there would be a TWO WEEK delay on the shipment of accessories
    To me that contradicts what you said in the sentance prior. How can it ship on the 10th if there is a 2 week delay. That would put it at the 14th..

None the less like I said earlier, the shipping date for the TouchStone is the 15th (2 week delay...)

I agree it's definitely been a random launch all around. I just hope I don't get screwed over and in a few months they release the TouchPad Pro with a rear facing camera, HDMI out, and a higher res screen..
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 06/21/2011 at 09:10 PM.
    If you put a option like Tacos. Everyone is going to pick that.

*I CHOOSE YOU!*
  14.    #14  
    The poll was more in jest, a Gallup this isn't.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    wont be getting a touchstone at launch, and Amazon.ca doesnt even have the touchpad yet alone the touchstone on sale....
  17.    #17  
    Love that, Rennat, just love it!