Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1.    #1  
    Todd Bradley just had a very good interview on CNBC right at the closing bell! Good timing! Would like to post a link but out on the Fireboat right now and can't search for the right link maybe someone could help out?
    Last edited by diabolical; 06/21/2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: more info...
  2. #2  
    hope they post it to watch on-line Thanks!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    hope they post it to watch on-line Thanks!
    where?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    where?
    TouchPad: HP Ready for Tablet Battle - CNBC
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by diabolical View Post
    Todd Bradley just had a very good interview on CNBC right at the closing bell! Good timing! Would like to post a link but out on the Fireboat right now and can't search for the right link maybe someone could help out?
    Here you go, link below to 5 min interview. But to be honest, I heard same message as previously (I've taken some notes below).
    On the fireboat, how cool is that.

    TouchPad: HP Ready for Tablet Battle - CNBC

    some notes from the interview:
    In response to iPhone5 question?:
    We are in a marathon
    Unique feel and use to the TouchPad

    In response to consumer recession question?
    Emerging market strategy will support growth
    Also TouchPad a very relevant enterprise product, not just relying on consumer (unlike some of our competitors)
    Still plenty of opportunity in mature markets of US and Europe
    180,000 enterprise partners plus our sales force is unique (and will help drive product)

    For enterprise: we have great security

    What about the apps?
    App ecosystem critical to TouchPad and smartphones
    Unique set of developer tools focused on simplicity and speed, can develop app once and it will work on both smartphone and TouchPad
    In 2012, the pc world will be even bigger opportunity for devs
    Last edited by bluenote; 06/21/2011 at 03:51 PM.
  6. #6  
    HP getting ready to rumble on july 1st, getting ready to break into the tablet wars with a Touchpad. Companies looking to compete with the ipad 2 have cut back production by 10% since march.

    How will HP's tablet grab the consumer and how is it using it as part of its strategy for success.

    CNBC:we're joined by todd bradley, executive vice president. good to see you. thanks for joining us.

    Todd Bradley:thank you.

    CNBC:great to see you.

    CNBC: You have less than two weeks and the company begins selling that Touchpad tablet. There's rumors in the market Apple will come out with iPad 3. Make the sell for us. Why should consumers choose the Touchpad over the market dominating iPad or Motorola Xoom?

    Todd Bradley: I think there are a whole series of things coming to play in this market. First, I think we've got to accept we're at the beginning of a marathon and not the end of the sprint. You have to assume people are into various stages of road map development. What we have done through the acquisition of palm and build-out of the webOS is create a truly unique operating system. One designed strictly to connect to the internet, strictly designed for the way you are going to, you, me, consumers, businesses, consume content. I think when you look at the software layer, frankly, when people get the product and get to use it, get to feel it, get to actually use the capabilities, you'll find very unique differences from anything else in the marketplace. We're very very excited. Clearly, we've thrown a ton of HP's capabilities at making this real.

    CNBC:Let get your take about the consumer today. I want to talk to you about the specific components of the new Touchpad and how they relate to Apps. Are you seeing even though we have hit a soft patch and most people would say that, they are still seeing a pretty good appetite for these kinds of appetite for these kinds of devices?

    Todd Bradley:For the Touchpad, per se', that market clearly shows lots of opportunities lots of growth potential for us, and our core pc is strong broadly and seen it weakening in the united states and western europe but our emerging marketing strategy continues to support our growth. When we think about touchpads, we think about this marketplace more broadly than just consumers. we've already announced, i know we'll talk about apps, but already announced significant enterprise apps with people like Citrix and SAP, that really focus on how how the Touchpad becomes a relevant and important enterprise product as well as a consumer product. I think we're looking at the breadth of the market and not relying totally on our consumers as some come pepetitors have.

    CNBC:As the economy has slowed down in the United States, you're looking at business and not counting on that consumer but broadening out to business and keeping in mind the emerging markets is where the opportunity is.

    Todd Bradley:In the tablet space, we think there's plenty of opportunity in the matured markets of the U.S.. and Western Europe. the emerging high growth markets in Asia and South America clearly huge opportunities for our pc business as well as our tablet business. our ability to leverage the strength of Hewlett-Packard. 180,000 enterprise partners, our own sales force to really push this product into the enterprise is a very unique capability. We built the software with many of the features and capability enterprises want, clearly with great security.

    CNBC:I'm sorry, Todd. What about the apps? This is the lack of apps for example the Blackberry has been one reason analysts say Blackberry is not competing with apple and this other potential to buy apps and apps are big drivers of mobile devices, Apple's iOS 29% share Android 26% share, you have webOS coming along. How will the touchpad challenge those two biggies in this area?

    Todd Bradley:Let's dial back a little bit. Because our apps echo system is clearly critical to webOS holistically, the smartphone and touch pad. What we've done differently is create a simple unique set of developer tools focused on simplicity and speed to bring these apps to the marketplace, the ability to develop an app once and have it work on a smartphone or tablet is a unique feature. As we get into next year, 2012, our ability to expand webOS and make it accessible on our PC platform represents an even bigger opportunity for developers, say you get access to phones, tablets and PC business we sell.

    CNBC:Todd great to have you on the program, thanks so much.

    Todd Bradley:Thanks, maria. great talking to you.

    CNBC:We will see you soon.


    Updated with some corrections
    Last edited by sketch42; 06/22/2011 at 12:48 PM.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    They showed a video of someone using a Tablet PC with pen input.
    I caught that too.... i can't say it was 100% since it had blue lights at the corner but someone did in fact use a tablet
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  8. #8  
    ***.... he didnt answer this question AT ALL


    CNBC:you have less than two weeks and the company begins selling that touch pad tablet. there's rumors in the market apple will come out with ipad 3. make the sell for us. why should consumers choose the touch pad over the market dominating ipad or motorola zoom?

    What a BS answer...
  9. crg28's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #9  
    What would you want him to say? This?

    Bradley: "Consumers should choose the touchpad because it is thicker than the IPAD, so it is easier for us fat Americans to hold it without dropping it. Also, research tells us that once a consumer is faced with a lot of choices, it slows down their workflow. Who wants to search through 400,000 apps to find what you are looking for. With the touchpad you can find your app in 10 seconds since we have about 15 apps right now. One more thing, we had our enterprise customers in mind when we developed the touchpad, that is why, unlike all the other tablets out there, we did not include an office editing suite. That is what they have a HP Laptop for. And finally, we did not include a video out connection. What kind of corporate user would want to present their work in a big projection screen? Intimate gatherings, where one can just turn their TP towards the audience for the presentation, is a much more productive environment for presentations."
  10. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #10  
    yeah, his asnwer was lame.. should have brought out synergy more -=\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  11. AMR-1's Avatar
    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #11  
    HP/Palm needs to get someone who can frickin talk like normal people out there talking to the news shows. He is clearly very smart, but you can tell he has been in a board room too long. Why didn't he hold up a TouchPad and show her how easy it was to jump out of mail and pull up CNBCs website. Crap in the amount of time he stammered his way thru the interview, he could have wrote a CNBC app in enyo!...

    Note to HP: I'm not talking about someone like the Creepy White Lady. That is not the kind of spokesperson I'm talkin about. I mean maybe someone LIKE ONE OF US WHO uses WebOS everyday!

    PS: I figured out a perfect way to show off one of the TouchPad's strengths. My kids were playin with Grandpa's iPad last night and so they exited out of what he was working on and played their games for a while... After they got bored flingin birds and hard candy around, Grandpa got it back and forgot what he was working on, even what App he was in... He said everything looks the same - all these icons kinda do the same thing... It took him 10 minutes to figure out where he was before they took it. He only has about 10-20 apps on the dang thing. I throw my Pre at my kids all the time and they can ding around on it, they leave my cards open and when I get it back, everything is the way I left it... Nice.
    Last edited by amrcc; 06/21/2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: added note.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    I caught that too.... i can't say it was 100% since it had blue lights at the corner but someone did in fact use a tablet
    Are you sure that wasn't an old episode of Star Trek, the Next Generation in the background?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  13. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    HP/Palm needs to get someone who can frickin talk like normal people out there talking to the news shows. He is clearly very smart, but you can tell he has been in a board room too long. Why didn't he hold up a TouchPad and show her how easy it was to jump out of mail and pull up CNBCs website. Crap in the amount of time he stammered his way thru the interview, he could have wrote a CNBC app in enyo!...

    Note to HP: I'm not talking about someone like the Creepy White Lady. That is not the kind of spokesperson I'm talkin about. I mean maybe someone LIKE ONE OF US WHO uses WebOS everyday!

    PS: I figured out a perfect way to show off one of the TouchPad's strengths. My kids were playin with Grandpa's iPad last night and so they exited out of what he was working on and played their games for a while... After they got bored flingin birds and hard candy around, Grandpa got it back and forgot what he was working on, even what App he was in... He said everything looks the same - all these icons kinda do the same thing... It took him 10 minutes to figure out where he was before they took it. He only has about 10-20 apps on the dang thing. I throw my Pre at my kids all the time and they can ding around on it, they leave my cards open and when I get it back, everything is the way I left it... Nice.
    +1

    He could have said the UI is far better than anything out. The search capabilities. Then the mother of all "True Visual Multitasking".

    The multitasking is a killer feature. Somehow HP and before Palm were brain dead at marketing this elegant feature.
  14. #14  
    I have seen Mr. Bradley before on interviews. I'm not here to troll but do feel he is a poor spokesman for the company. Just no charisma, slow responses, and cliche answers. I know he is next to Leo, but man does HP realize how difficult this market will be to crack? I am a shareholder of the company way back to the Compaq days. HP needs to make some noise in the consumer market besides printers and PC's. Invent already!
  15. #15  
    I think Todd Bradley is a much better choice than Jon Rubinstein. I can almost picture it now...

    Q: So when will this be available?
    A: I don't know the exact date but soon.

    Q: How does this compare to the iPad?
    A: I couldn't tell you. I've never used one before.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks for posting the links and written discussion of the interview. I didn't get to catch the whole thing but the timing; just before the closing bell on a good day in the market, was superb! Anything that helps bring attention to the enterprise market will probably help us as end users! Myself, I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to do beyond the TouchPad: still running a Pre- on Sprint Like my plan but don't want to have to wait on Sprint much longer for a new WebOS phone... Loyal to Palm and Sprint but how much can they truly try our patience without losing us?

    BlueNote: In the high 90's today, not very cool on the boat! Just kidding, working for Miami Dade Fire Rescue on the water is tough to beat. I do love my job!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I think Todd Bradley is a much better choice than Jon Rubinstein. I can almost picture it now...

    Q: So when will this be available?
    A: I don't know the exact date but soon.

    Q: How does this compare to the iPad?
    A: I couldn't tell you. I've never used one before.
    I think Ruby answers that way so the iPhans, who are obviously so bored that the spend way too much of there time here, have something to post about.
  18. #18  
    Heh-heh, heh-heh. The Money Honey said "TouchPad"!
    I see pandas.
  19. #19  
    man, you nailed it. No edit, no video out = no buy for me. I will use a tablet for business more then personal use, thus these features were critical to a day 1 buy. They keep claiming this is for "the enterprise" and business but on release its a big toy.

    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    What would you want him to say? This?

    Bradley: "Consumers should choose the touchpad because it is thicker than the IPAD, so it is easier for us fat Americans to hold it without dropping it. Also, research tells us that once a consumer is faced with a lot of choices, it slows down their workflow. Who wants to search through 400,000 apps to find what you are looking for. With the touchpad you can find your app in 10 seconds since we have about 15 apps right now. One more thing, we had our enterprise customers in mind when we developed the touchpad, that is why, unlike all the other tablets out there, we did not include an office editing suite. That is what they have a HP Laptop for. And finally, we did not include a video out connection. What kind of corporate user would want to present their work in a big projection screen? Intimate gatherings, where one can just turn their TP towards the audience for the presentation, is a much more productive environment for presentations."
  20. #20  
    I agree the gentleman is bland and prone to canned responses that ring of corporate buzzwords. It bothered me too until I realized the target audience for this show: business people who talk in market-speak all day. This interview wasn't meant for we consumers, folks. Go over and comment in the Manny commercial thread for that.
    webOS user since 20090606.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions