Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    +1

He could have said the UI is far better than anything out. The search capabilities. Then the mother of all "True Visual Multitasking".

The multitasking is a killer feature. Somehow HP and before Palm were brain dead at marketing this elegant feature.
    +1
    Different messages for different audiences - that was a corporate marketing pitch rather than for a consumer (i.e. us).

I thought Bradley did a good job and provided an insight into HP's thinking - one foot in the consumer electronics space and the other with the corporate enterprise and they are clearly looking at both.

On air/to camera product demos can go badly wrong - especially with a senior Exec who probably hasn't seen that much of the hardware himself - right decision to keep him away from it - best not even talk about it.

Overall I thought it was a good effort and I will circulate the content amongst my corporate colleagues. When the iPad first appeared we looked at it closely - the lack of Enterprise security features eliminated it (it is a consumer product only after all). The HP stance is different and we are curious to see what it is like.

To those that are grumbling about the lack of a video-out, HP are angling for a different market right now - they make great laptops for that kind of thing so why add confusion would be their logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    man, you nailed it. No edit, no video out = no buy for me. I will use a tablet for business more then personal use, thus these features were critical to a day 1 buy. They keep claiming this is for "the enterprise" and business but on release its a big toy.
    The no edit part is still a rumor! HP officially said the TouchPad would have it. For all we know the anonymous tipster could have been an iSheep Troll
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    u can edit google docs and other cloud software like box.net
    but now we have something else... which can be much much worst.. seems like the screen is only 18 bit and not 24..... could be a horrible typo. but i fear it may be the bean counters screwing all of us =\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I want a tablet, but I don't want to join the iCult just to have one. Love webOS and don't want to learn a different OS.

That's why I'm adopting early, but buying at Best Buy, so in 6-12 months when the fully realized touchpad comes out, I'll take my day 1 TP back and apply the buyback toward TP2.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    u can edit google docs and other cloud software like box.net
    but now we have something else... which can be much much worst.. seems like the screen is only 18 bit and not 24..... could be a horrible typo. but i fear it may be the bean counters screwing all of us =\
    You can't, if you work for many (most?) large corporations. Putting anything into the "cloud" will get you fired. You also can't put stuff into the cloud if you are on a train/plane/subway, with no connectivity. For the 17 million people in my city, I see tablets mostly used in those situations. The WSJ or the NYT just reviewed the latest chromebook last week, and concluded that the cloud just wasn't ready yet.

Let's hope this issue is resolved soon. If not at launch, then soon after.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    CNBC interviews Todd Bradley about TouchPad

On a recent interview made by CNBC Todd Bradley gave a point of view of how he feels HP expects to insert the TouchPad in the market.

TouchPad: HP Ready for Tablet Battle

ABP

Use the search, Luke.
    <<threads merged>>
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I am tired. Why can't anyone at HP keep repeating the mantra

Clean UI, True Multitasking, Synergy and Just Type.
    TouchPad unlike any other tablet.
    Last edited by gbp; 06/22/2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: added one more line
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I agree the gentleman is bland and prone to canned responses that ring of corporate buzzwords. It bothered me too until I realized the target audience for this show: business people who talk in market-speak all day. This interview wasn't meant for we consumers, folks. Go over and comment in the Manny commercial thread for that.
    This... CNBC isn't exactly G4/ESPN/etc
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This... CNBC isn't exactly G4/ESPN/etc
    I agree, I guess he was opt in responding to the regular business questions. However HP should be telling their multitasking story whenever they get TV time.
    Bradley sounded alot like a polotition. They never really answer hard questions, they just sit there and explain their position.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Bradley sounded alot like a polotition. They never really answer hard questions, they just sit there and explain their position.
    If by "Polotition" you mean Politician then yes, I would have to agree with you.
    The webOS o_O
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    the ability to develop an app once and have it work on a smartphone or tablet is a unique feature.
    Thanks for the transcript, but this part is a bald-faced lie. Touchpads run Enyo apps, phones run Mojo apps. They are not the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    Thanks for the transcript, but this part is a bald-faced lie. Touchpads run Enyo apps, phones run Mojo apps. They are not the same.

Uhmmm the phones are going to be running Enyo. The concept he was pushing is that by the time HP is shipping WebOS on PC's, Enyo will be on TP's, Phones, and PC's.

I know in the tech world it's a long time, but we are 6 months away from 2012.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkOne View Post
    The no edit part is still a rumor! HP officially said the TouchPad would have it. For all we know the anonymous tipster could have been an iSheep Troll
    It won't have it. Talking with an HP employees from that group:

Me: There are rumors that document editing won't be available at launch. Is this true? Since Feb 9th, you all have been saying editing with Quick Office is part of the base solution and will be on the TouchPad.

HP: You are correct, it will not be there on July 1st.

Me: ok, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by noelb View Post
    If by "Polotition" you mean Politician then yes, I would have to agree with you.
    Hey it got the point over right?... I hate google's autocorrection
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12