Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

    I used to work at Future Shop here in Canada and a friend that still works there just texted me saying he is currently playing with the Touchpad at a Vendor Fair.

    He is a BB user and was very impressed with synergy and the multi tasking. I asked him if it was laggy at all and if he tried flash, he said he tried flash and it runs flawlessly and there is no lag whatsoever.
  2. #2  
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Love that positive news! Ordered my 32G last night, and can't wait for the goodness!!!
  3. #3  
    Very interesting. I'd love to hear more about the other apps...Calendar (load times), Photos, Skype, and whatever you can get from him.

    I happened to get a call from an HP sales rep calling about Touchpad options, pre-order, and to answer any questions I may have had. I asked him a bunch, but he did not have much else to add beside what we already knew (Skype integrated at the OS level and Netflix on the horizon). He also referenced test driving a Touchpad at HP for about 15mins only, so I suspect there is not alot of time people to put them through their paces.

    Thanks for the update and information! Sorli...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by projectpete19 View Post
    Hello,

    I used to work at Future Shop here in Canada and a friend that still works there just texted me saying he is currently playing with the Touchpad at a Vendor Fair.

    He is a BB user and was very impressed with synergy and the multi tasking. I asked him if it was laggy at all and if he tried flash, he said he tried flash and it runs flawlessly and there is no lag whatsoever.
    pictures or didnt happen
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  5. #5  
    I feel defeated as well. I can't believe a thing they say about things on the horizon. I'm still waiting for the flash player, Sirius, and OTA updates that were promised launch day over 2 years ago. I'm waiting till this is fully baked and at least SOME of the promises they are making actually come through before I pull the trigger this time. Fool me twice, shame on me...
  6. #6  
    Pics or ban!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I feel defeated as well. I can't believe a thing they say about things on the horizon. I'm still waiting for the flash player, Sirius, and OTA updates that were promised launch day over 2 years ago. I'm waiting till this is fully baked and at least SOME of the promises they are making actually come through before I pull the trigger this time. Fool me twice, shame on me...
    I am skeptical as well, but we need to remember that those promises were made by Palm, not HP. With that being said, I am still at a 'I'll believe it when I see it' mentality with HP. They'll hit it big for me if they push out the 2.2 update for the Veer on July 1st, which I think is highly unlikely.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I am skeptical as well, but we need to remember that those promises were made by Palm, not HP. With that being said, I am still at a 'I'll believe it when I see it' mentality with HP. They'll hit it big for me if they push out the 2.2 update for the Veer on July 1st, which I think is highly unlikely.
    remember that ota updates have to go through the carriers so HP wouldn't be to blame if that didnt happen. Assuming HP got the update to ATT before july 1st.
    Last edited by blackfireball5; 06/21/2011 at 03:44 PM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I feel defeated as well. I can't believe a thing they say about things on the horizon. I'm still waiting for the flash player, Sirius, and OTA updates that were promised launch day over 2 years ago. I'm waiting till this is fully baked and at least SOME of the promises they are making actually come through before I pull the trigger this time. Fool me twice, shame on me...
    I have flash on my Pre2

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

  10. #10  
    I will not spend a dime until i know about Teamviewer, Logmein. I could deal with VNC ONLY but would be a huge inconvenience as all my clients are using the first two.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I will not spend a dime until i know about Teamviewer, Logmein. I could deal with VNC ONLY but would be a huge inconvenience as all my clients are using the first two.
    its not a deal breaker for me but I REALLY want teamviewer.
  12. #12  
    I emailed TV several weeks ago about a webOS app and this was the reply I got back:

    "TeamViewer for iPhone and iPad have been an incredible success which makes it quite likely that we will port TeamViewer to other mobile devices in the near future. At the moment we are involved in numerous other development projects which is why we cannot make any statements on the realization or a final release date.

    We would be pleased to add to our mailing list so that you would be one of the first to know when a TeamViewer for webOS devices will be released.

    Please let us know if you would like us to add you to the webOS mailing list. In order to add you to our list we would kindly ask you to provide us with your country of residence."
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    pictures or didnt happen
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    I emailed TV several weeks ago about a webOS app and this was the reply I got back:

    "TeamViewer for iPhone and iPad have been an incredible success which makes it quite likely that we will port TeamViewer to other mobile devices in the near future. At the moment we are involved in numerous other development projects which is why we cannot make any statements on the realization or a final release date.

    We would be pleased to add to our mailing list so that you would be one of the first to know when a TeamViewer for webOS devices will be released.

    Please let us know if you would like us to add you to the webOS mailing list. In order to add you to our list we would kindly ask you to provide us with your country of residence."
    I emailed them as well and heard the same thing.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I am skeptical as well, but we need to remember that those promises were made by Palm, not HP. With that being said, I am still at a 'I'll believe it when I see it' mentality with HP. They'll hit it big for me if they push out the 2.2 update for the Veer on July 1st, which I think is highly unlikely.
    Palm never made any promises about the TouchPad. Isn't that what we're talking about here.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Palm never made any promises about the TouchPad. Isn't that what we're talking about here.
    The post I replied to was in reference to the Pre (I believe) as it indicates a lack of faith in apps or features that are coming soon.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I feel defeated as well. I can't believe a thing they say about things on the horizon. I'm still waiting for the flash player, Sirius, and OTA updates that were promised launch day over 2 years ago. I'm waiting till this is fully baked and at least SOME of the promises they are making actually come through before I pull the trigger this time. Fool me twice, shame on me...
    Really? Really?

    Ok, let's see here:
    1) Flash is on 2.1 for the Pre2 and Veer (and can be put on the Pre- if you want a machine too slow to run it)... I also don't remember Flash being a promise from the Pre- launch (I bought on day 1).

    2) I don't remember hearing about Sirius/XM on the Pre-, but since they wouldn't be doing that with antennae pick up sat signals and just streaming over the internet, that sounds more like an app written by Sirius and not an HPalm thing.

    3) OTA updates have been working since launch. If your phone doesn't have OTA updates, you either have a broken phone, have OTA updates turned off, or are a complete moron. Hell, I made a frankenPre2 for Sprint and got the OTA update from 2.1 to 2.1 (some weird version thing).

    4) Who are you even replying to? You say you "feel defeated as well," but nobody in this thread but you is complaining about anything.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder1999 View Post
    Really? Really?

    Ok, let's see here:
    1) Flash is on 2.1 for the Pre2 and Veer (and can be put on the Pre- if you want a machine too slow to run it)... I also don't remember Flash being a promise from the Pre- launch (I bought on day 1).
    Flash was promised from Day 1 on my Bell Palm Pre.

    But back on topic: Glad to hear that its not laggy, i'm looking forward to trying it out myself! Thanks for the update!
  19. #19  
    flash was never promised for the Pre.

    They were working with the Pre to develop flash, however, I'm sure after time and thought the Pre just didn't provide enough steam for it to run the way it should.
    After I got my Pre 2, I put 2.1 on my Pre and tested flash - it wasn't that great, definitely not like the Pre 2.

    Tech changes. It's how it is.
  20. #20  
    At least HP recognise that Flash is part of the internet experience and are working to put it on their devices. It might not work perfectly on my Pre-, but at least I can see the content if I want to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions