Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    At least HP recognise that Flash is part of the internet experience and are working to put it on their devices. It might not work perfectly on my Pre-, but at least I can see the content if I want to.
    absolutely
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    At least HP recognise that Flash is part of the internet experience and are working to put it on their devices. It might not work perfectly on my Pre-, but at least I can see the content if I want to.
    Flash works much better on my Pre than on my daughter's fruit phone...

Just imagine how much better on a TouchPad than on a fruit pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    flash was never promised for the Pre.

They were working with the Pre to develop flash, however, I'm sure after time and thought the Pre just didn't provide enough steam for it to run the way it should.
    After I got my Pre 2, I put 2.1 on my Pre and tested flash - it wasn't that great, definitely not like the Pre 2.

Tech changes. It's how it is.
    This is off topic, but, I have to address this:

It was, most definitely, promised by JR and in the Pre sales information back in 2009, via an OTA update. It kept getting put off, and off and eventually just dropped off of the radar altogether completely. Calls to Palm resulted in answers indicating that it was in Adobe's hands, and not Palm's.

Palm ALWAYS maintained that the Pre was able to run Flash, and that it just needed the Flash for WebOS plug-in from Adobe.

Back OT.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    This is off topic, but, I have to address this:

It was, most definitely, promised by JR and in the Pre sales information back in 2009, via an OTA update. It kept getting put off, and off and eventually just dropped off of the radar altogether completely. Calls to Palm resulted in answers indicating that it was in Adobe's hands, and not Palm's.

Palm ALWAYS maintained that the Pre was able to run Flash, and that it just needed the Flash for WebOS plug-in from Adobe.

Back OT.
    thanks
    must have missed that
    or JR never sent me the dang memo lol
    or my memory is just horrible now after 2 years
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, the problem has been adobe though... they have even put out promo video of adobe devs using flash on an priginal pre, but it never got released. i can only assume it never got out of beta =\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Now back to our discussion of the Touchpad....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12